• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Peek¹

Smash Rookie
So it is rumored (and probably a stretch too) that there will be a Smash Bros 4 demo available to play at E3 this year... per purenintendo.
Guess we'll really know on June 7th...
I really hope SSB4 is a demo at E3 but not for the sake of being a playable demo at E3 but because it confirms its existence. After that, I won't play any smash game until it comes out. But I wonder, will the radical new controller fit well for smash?

UberMario

Smash Master
If it's anything like the rumors predict, the closest thing to being radical will be requiring the players' arms to be spread out a bit more . . . and a lower tolerance to being ragetossed.

Peek¹

Smash Rookie
According to Pure Nintendo, this Project Cafe controller mockup could be the closest to the real thing and it does not look quite comfortable for a game like smash. Then again, I read on another site that the controller with the screen isn't quite the controller but part of the console. Wiimotes and nunchucks will still be there but will be heavily upgraded and be more advanced than Wii Motion Plus so maybe that's where we will be playing Smash.

Project Cafe is supposed to be backwards compatible with Gamecube games so let's hope for Gamecube controller ports.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I want Nintendo to do an Achievement system. I love Gamerscore, trophies, etc...

finalark

SNORLAX
According to Pure Nintendo, this Project Cafe controller mockup could be the closest to the real thing and it does not look quite comfortable for a game like smash. Then again, I read on another site that the controller with the screen isn't quite the controller but part of the console. Wiimotes and nunchucks will still be there but will be heavily upgraded and be more advanced than Wii Motion Plus so maybe that's where we will be playing Smash.

Project Cafe is supposed to be backwards compatible with Gamecube games so let's hope for Gamecube controller ports.
Too much stuff in there contradicting each other for most of it to be true.

I can't wait until next month when Nintendo blows all rumors out of the water and shows us something awesome.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Controller looks really dumb. I wonder if Smash players would just prefer to use the GC Controller over that.

In any case, yeah, it's only a month away until the rumors get squashed...but it would be silly to think that everything they say won't be confirming rumors.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Controller looks really dumb. I wonder if Smash players would just prefer to use the GC Controller over that.

In any case, yeah, it's only a month away until the rumors get squashed...but it would be silly to think that everything they say won't be confirming rumors.
Why?

It's not like the rumor mill from 2006 turned out to be remotely true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cbdJeE-x6E

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Generally, there are some rumor mills that prove to be useful. Whether it's the Iphone 4 designs leaking out from last year or simply the parts and functions to Wii 2 such as having an HD screen on the controller (which I expect to be close to true if not exact).

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Does anyone wanna add my goldeneye wii FC?

I'm also looking for someone who has an XP modifier, if anyone knows someone who uses one let me know :3

3900-2972-3468

M@v

Subarashii!
June 7th is the second day of my internship...go figure lol. Im going to either have to try and find out how Nintendo owns E3 at work, or wait until I get home FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Most Smash players are going to prefer the GC controller over the Project Cafe controller no matter what it looks like. That happened with both the Wii Remote + Nunchuk, Wii Classic Controller, and the Classic Controller Pro.

Agreed. It can be really difficult to predict what Nintendo's going to do, but rumors have been proven true before.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Most Smash players are going to prefer the GC controller over the Project Cafe controller no matter what it looks like. That happened with both the Wii Remote + Nunchuk, Wii Classic Controller, and the Classic Controller Pro.
I think this controller has a chance. Mainly because the nunchuck + wii mote was something so different compared to the GC controller. At least this controller is well...a controller.

UberMario

Smash Master
omg they controllers will cost more then the 3ds if its a hd touch screen...
Not even close, it's (assuming that the controller rumors are true) not like it has processing power, it's going to be relaying images sent to it by the system. However, I wouldn't be surprised by a $60 price tag.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
E3 is gonna be awesome, all eyes will be on Nintendo so they better step up.

Which I think they will.

Check out this mock up some guy did for the Cafe that I think looks particularly slick.

Nice homage to the NES IMO.

UberMario

Smash Master
That controller screen concept is so absurd that it's not funny. >_> Seriously, what would be the point of making button holes in an LCD screen? That'd just raise costs.

I do like the color scheme of the system, but it looks like a PS2 Slim ripoff.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If it's true, it's only because Nintendo realized how much of a failure their game was, so they'll pull a Windows 7 and try to make everything better again.

RedyBz

Smash Cadet
not sure if its been posted already but

RUMOR: Next Super Smash Bros. Game to be Shown at E3 2011

Although our sources within the industry are few and far between, we do have them and what they are telling us is that Nintendo will be showing off the next Super Smash Bros. game at this year’s E3. On top of that, it’s said that it will be shown for the Wii’s successor.

We don’t yet know how true this is, so for now we’ll keep this as a rumor. We also would like to know if the game will be shown in video or playable form. Knowing that Kid Icarus: Uprising for the Nintendo 3DS is almost done, it’s quite possible that Masahiro Sakurai has been working on the next Super Smash Bros. title.

Here’s lookin’ at you E3 2011. I’m sure if this turns out to be true, there will be many a happy gamer at this year’s expo.

http://greatgamingcrusade.com/2011/04/28/rumor-next-smash-bros-game-to-be-shown-at-e3-2011/

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=158772

Don't forget guys its only a rumor but still :) We all know it will come sooner or later. Though the screenshot looks fake as hell imo but i feel like posting it.

finalark

SNORLAX
Super Smash Brothers Strife really doesn't roll off the tongue very well. I just hope they have a good name for it and this time they focus on game play rather than just filling the game with a bunch of random **** you'll never do.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Oh wow! I have nearly forgotten about Nintendo's new system coming in and the possibility of a new smash game! E3 just got much more interesting!

If I were to guess a release date . . . hmmmm . . . late 2012 - early 2013!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If it is, Ono is officially the world's greatest troll.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Does that mean Cloud Strife is gonna be in it :troll:

Super Smash Bros. Strife is so laughably fake. I can identify the photoshop effects they applied.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
^Dude so much this it hurts.

I was trying to tell my friends this all day yesterday.

Like look at the copyright text, it's perfectly straight and facing forward, the rest is kinda tilted an aligned incorrectly.

This would make no sense no matter what angle the picture was taken at.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No way, it's totally real. I mean, it's green. Everyone knows that lime green logos are always true.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Former Rare graphics engineer Christoper Seavor had some very, very strong words in Nintendo's favor concerning E3. I don't know that he has any inside information, but he seems particularly confident that Nintendo has the goods this time around.

So, I'm quite excited about E3 this year, ironic really now I'm out of the backstabbing grind that is the majority of dev these days. Nintendo will **** them...****. Hare, meet tortoise. Tortoise, this is hare. 'Hare.......', said the tortoise. 'Here's a big f@#$ you!'
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=158915

Don't quote me on this, but I have a hunch that he prefered working under Nintendo than under Microsoft.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I hope I don't see the havok logo in the new smash
Given rare's history I wouldn't be surprised that he prefers Nintendo

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Sucks how they want to make a HD console after making a Non HD handheld...

Wish the 3DS was HD oh well!

CANT WWAIT TO BUY THIS!

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I bet their gonbna add a 3ds feature to it since the controller will have a touch screen like how the gamecube had the gameboy adv thing to it. yay that means oOT is bigger screen and better color

Top Bottom