• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
yes xyless!!! hunger, sago, fatboy, cosmo, and quaz!!! YOU ALL DID REMARKABLY WELL AT POUND 4.

Considering entrants and level of comp. I am very proud of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUS!!!

Mundungu (Matt), you auto win @ life. Cuz you're tooo awesome. <3

I hope you had fun there though. :)

I'm not sure if Spikes, Madwak, or Zicore went. :confused: But IMO they auto win @ life too. :D

LG7

Smash Apprentice
So, Hunger is still kickin ***, eh? Sago too! Awesome.
How're the WI Smashers doin? :D
It's been a **** long time since i've been on these forums.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
If I ever hosted something all the way up here in the annex, would anyone come? It gets kinda lonely up here... :( But I mean if WI is going to fail at tourney hosting, then that means I will rarely ever get to compete (and that will lead to me getting even worse than I am now!!!!)

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
If I ever hosted something all the way up here in the annex, would anyone come? It gets kinda lonely up here... :( But I mean if WI is going to fail at tourney hosting, then that means I will rarely ever get to compete (and that will lead to me getting even worse than I am now!!!!)

If you host anything that is between 2-3 hours away, I'll have a car.

Sago

Smash Lord
Okay update on Sago.

P4 was a blast

I choked in singles and was 30 seconds away from bracket :p

Fatboy choked in teams

I played judge and hunger 3rd round of teams

Im quiting brawl for a few months

I will be back and playing samus <3

Lets get em hax!!! ( you'll understand soon broski)

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Okay update on Sago.

P4 was a blast

I choked in singles and was 30 seconds away from bracket :p

Fatboy choked in teams

I played judge and hunger 3rd round of teams

Im quiting brawl for a few months

I will be back and playing samus <3

Lets get em hax!!! ( you'll understand soon broski)
Lol dammit Sago. You need to stay Samus so I don't have to fight your MK every time :p I only seem to fight you right after you quit Samus.

Anyways, yeah step it up WI tourney hosts.

Vinodh

Smash Apprentice
This is the account I use. If I ever post as puffinator its cuz i do it by habit/accident, and am too lazy to switch back...

Sago

Smash Lord
I heard if you snap your game disc in half, throw your GCN up in the air and let it smash down on concrete, take your controllers and drive over them with your car, and pour milk over your AV cords and eat it for breakfast you can unlock Megaman.
holly ****!!!

This guy is better then geno.

And would you believe his down-b is "real brother relationship"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w6i70ztZKY

Wafles

Smash Lord
So I'm going to Kirk's smashtasm the first Fri/Saturday in February, anyone want to come with? Leaving between 2-3 PM on that Friday. I'd be willing to pick people up if it's not too far out of the way.

LG7

Smash Apprentice
Webster! I'll see what I can do on showing up But I doubt I'd participate, I don't have a Wii or Brawl anymore. I Sold em! lol... So haven't touched the game in forever and now suck... terribly.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Sorry lonejedi, We are closer to 4-5 hours away. Haha I literally do mean the annex (marquette, MI.) You can mapquest it tho. I seriously doubt that enough of you guys would be able to make the drive in seemingly the opposite direction of the core of the competitive smash community, it would just be nice to NOT have to drive so far for once to play some good smashers

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
So I'm looking at hosting a Melee tourney sometime around Spring Break or during. When is the best time for everyone? I'm super serious about actually putting effort at getting good at this game. What works best for everyone?

Honestly, WI has so much potential in skill, but we never have enough tournies to take our potential to a national level.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
We have at least 1 melee tourney every month, why don't you start coming to those lone?
No offense, but I'm not going to take a saturday off every month, drive 6+ hours there and back just to go to a 12-14 person melee tourney. You can call it johns, but right now it doesn't make much sense.

hunger!

Smash Champion
MAS melee get like the exact same turnout as brawl. theres always like 30+ people there. lone you're just a punk. 6 hours round trip is not bad at all considering we live in the fox cities.

Wafles

Smash Lord
No kidding MAS Melee is usually pretty nice turnout, and usually gets a LOT of really good talent entering.

It's an easy drive and if you're"super serious about putting effort at getting good" at melee, then the only excuse you have to not come at least once in a while is that you really don't care and you're not really serious.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Just went through the results threads and it seems the turn out has been picking up lately. My bad, I'll take fault on that one. I'll try to get to one of these tournies in the future. But honestly, lay off Wafles, it seems like every post I make, you have something negative to say.

Personal Vendetta? Idk. But all I asked was what were some dates that worked out for people, and all I got was negative feedback.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Just went through the results threads and it seems the turn out has been picking up lately. My bad, I'll take fault on that one. I'll try to get to one of these tournies in the future. But honestly, lay off Wafles, it seems like every post I make, you have something negative to say.

Personal Vendetta? Idk. But all I asked was what were some dates that worked out for people, and all I got was negative feedback.
because not even a year ago you said you were quitting. And now you want to come back and be super cereal about melee. Your actin like a noob, so he gets to make fun of you. Rules of the internez.

Also, when you said "super serious" I totally thought of you having Al Gore's voice from South Park and it made me lol

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Lone, the one coming up on 2/20 is going to be huge, much bigger than any of the previous. M2K is confirmed because there's a ton of bonus money being handed out. You should go to that one.

It's not really a big deal if someone says they're quitting. Everyone that does always comes back. Just look at Forward and PC Chris. You can't quit this game!

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
lone. play some melee with grimace and i soon.
I've been trying to get a hold of you to play. I sent you a message on FB, but you never responded. You should come down to Oshkosh and smash with me and grimace a bunch. Is there any chance we could get monthlies going at Toy Man?

Mundungu

Smash Lord
theres no cats4peace vids happening are there?
I've got a few, but most of them are pools matches and lower bracket matches. I don't have any finals / semifinals on mine (my tv was off to the side recording). Who recorded the livestream setup?

Wafles

Smash Lord
lol **** toyman

Get me in on that melee. I'll be at oshkosh next semester too, and I saved up enough money so that i don't have to work while I'm down there so I'll have some free time for smash.

And yeah, I'm just making fun of you because sometimes you make it so easy. =)

Top Bottom