• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
I wanna play smash :( I am currently learning about western Europe in the 17th century...

Think of how long before smash that was...

Wafles

Smash Lord
So cool story, I was expecting to fail like 2 or 3 classes this last semester at school, so I stopped attending class, didn't really do any work, etc...

Well it turns out those teachers decided to randomly introduce insane curves that brought one of my grades (that was a 40% or lower) up to an 86%. I'm kind of amazed.

Also good luck to everyone going to pound, I'll be watching the stream.

Siekertr21

Smash Rookie
K so I'm in West Allis, WI... and I've been skimming through this thread for awhile now and am having no luck with any points of reference here so I'll just ask.

So me and a buddy are looking to have some fun with some people blah blah blah you know the deal. Anyone near West Allis that is cool and knows other cool people and knows when these cool people do their cool stuff?

zack152

Smash Journeyman
Ok soooooo I have off like all this week because I was going to go to Pound but then couldnt afford it, but forgot to tell my work I didnt need off anymore so now I have like the whole week off so if anyone wants to do anything let me know

Agenie04991

Smash Cadet
Hey, Madison folk, time to take you up on your offers. I'll be back in town on saturday night and from then on, i'm game to play some melee anytime. Anytime. Send me a text 414-350-7218.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Hey, Madison folk, time to take you up on your offers. I'll be back in town on saturday night and from then on, i'm game to play some melee anytime. Anytime. Send me a text 414-350-7218.
Come over mang. Im game for melee all day saturday. Chansen?!? You game?

btw, are you 'green'?

Agenie04991

Smash Cadet
john! said:
Are you at UW? I'll smash sometime but not this weekend.
Yep, indeed I am, are you? PS, kudos to you on that signature, top notch work.

Zicore said:
Come over mang. Im game for melee all day saturday. Chansen?!? You game?

btw, are you 'green'?
I'm down whenever. I might be getting in late-ish in the night, like 8:30 or so, but I'll give you a ring when I get there. It'll happen.

Define 'green'... as in new to the game? I've been playing for a long while now but am not tournament tested, or even tested with more than 3 different people. That being said, I'm pretty sure I can hold my own/go even/be competitive/not be a total waste of time.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Yep, indeed I am, are you? PS, kudos to you on that signature, top notch work.

I'm down whenever. I might be getting in late-ish in the night, like 8:30 or so, but I'll give you a ring when I get there. It'll happen.

Define 'green'... as in new to the game? I've been playing for a long while now but am not tournament tested, or even tested with more than 3 different people. That being said, I'm pretty sure I can hold my own/go even/be competitive/not be a total waste of time.
..........not that green lol

Agenie04991

Smash Cadet
zicore said:
..........not that green lol
Ha, I thought it was weird for someone to use that expression in this day and age... Well, based on my general lack of knowledge with my response, I'm going to venture out and guess that the real answer to your question is no.

yoshq

Smash Master
So I'm gonna host another ECSS in the not near future after getting sponsorship and a pot bonus... and I'm going to BAN METAKNIGHT... I can't wait ;)
I'm gonna get as big a pot bonus as I can, then taunt everybody with it and make them come to a MK banned tourney because of it.

Oh and you melee people... you can come too.

Jahordon

Smash Journeyman
So I'm gonna host another ECSS in the not near future after getting sponsorship and a pot bonus... and I'm going to BAN METAKNIGHT... I can't wait ;)
I'm gonna get as big a pot bonus as I can, then taunt everybody with it and make them come to a MK banned tourney because of it.

Oh and you melee people... you can come too.
I won't come if Metaknight is banned.

PSYCHE!

I'm there.

Wafles

Smash Lord
you can't win without him? lol
Um what? I can't win tourneys with metaknight either. I'd just rather not have to find a different character that can deal with all of my uncomfortable matchups/stages with falco just to come to your tourney. Not to mention finding a different character with tournament experience.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
As much as I hate brawl, I just wanted to give a shout out to Hunger and Sago at Pound 4. Apparently they both made final bracket. Good Stuff.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
i wanted to say goods hit to lonejedi for almost beating me at cats4peace; your sheik is really good
Thanks Tom R! Means a lot!

EDIT: WI, including myself, needs to step up on tourney hosting. I know chansen and DDigimon has been solid down south hosting tournies, but I think it's time we try to get a melee/brawl tourney in the central. I'm going to start looking for venues starting today. Spikes shouldn't have to do all the hosting, lets step it up WI.

Landry

Smash Ace
Webster's hosting a tournament on March 27th. Other than that there are no other events near to us, at least that I know of.

Top Bottom