• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why The Jigglypuff Community Sucks and How to Improve It?

Metatitan

Smash Master
I think the backflip is just her animation to a long ranged shorthop. I'm just spacing is all, my spacing with her is pretty good :colorful:

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
I think the backflip is just her animation to a long ranged shorthop. I'm just spacing is all, my spacing with her is pretty good :colorful:
yeh i figured that was your main means of damage racking. if you can't land a grab you rely on bairs. its a nifty trick and i get why it works. i'm not sure how you deal with fast characters though. but pika is definitely a great alternate for jiggz and solves this problem. you have the right idea :p

Metatitan

Smash Master
Chars like mk **** jiggs. But I've beaten excel zero's fox and his fox is pretty good. I pretty much did sh Nair out of shield the entire time and finished his last stock off with drill rest. I lost to his ddd tho xD

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
samboners fox was definitely an unusual fight. for one, he doesn't approach. he never risks going for up smash and playing the out of shield game was pointless. its times where you are are forced to go aggressive that really prove your spacing skills. i love the d3 match up btw, its so easy to trick them xd

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
i don't see how air camp would work on d3, but ive seen hungrybox do it and it works.
but i definitely don't do the air game thing on d3, his bair would **** me :>.
i mostly do short hopped airs and the air dodge into the ground thing, works his grab game and messes his spacing. alternating u-airs are the best here.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
And yet people go out of their way to make fun of the Peach boards...

We're not so bad, aside from a couple of people who flare up at times. We're actually one of the most productive boards here imo. >.>;

-Soldier-

Smash Rookie
Haha, Jiggs is fun to play.

Not sure about the Boards, but I've lurked here over time and found some interesting threads.

People need to stfu and play Jiggs more, and stop trolling and baiting each other.

Haha, I'm way more active on the Yoshi Boards, Meta should know who I am!

*This is an alternate account, don't like posting on my original so much anymore*

Noobicidal

Smash Master
People need to stfu and play Jiggs more, and stop trolling and baiting each other.
If you had any credibility in the first place, it's been eviscerated and thrown to the dogs. Lurk moar, and you'd realize how effective trolling is in establishing an elite society fit to discuss Her Majesty. Traditional theorycrafters get wrecked due to our INCREDIBLE analytical skills and bitter, piercing words, which creates a standard in which one MUST have some sort of evidence or proof of concept for us to even CONSIDER discussing a topic at hand. Most of us refuse to acknowledge another Jigglypuff unless they are able to crap out tournament results or videos of their matches, which FORCES anyone who would like to participate on our board to get out there, and either go to tourneys or get their matches uploaded.

Hell, we're so elite, that we even critique GREAT combo videos of Puff in action based on the skill level of the creator's opponents, and forget about the entertainment merit of a video that is PURELY ENTERTAINMENT.

Jiggs is srs ****ing bizness, and everyone and their brother needs to realize this.

EDIT: Paragraphs tend to be more than a single line, though the "Enter" key IS a pretty awesome key, eh Soldier?

Metatitan

Smash Master
And yet people go out of their way to make fun of the Peach boards...

We're not so bad, aside from a couple of people who flare up at times. We're actually one of the most productive boards here imo. >.>;
People make fun of the peach boards because it's productive and dramatic at the same time. People don't even think of the jigglypuff boards anymore, all we really do is troll each other and even then none of us actually hates each other at the end of the day. The peach boards are pretty much caused by dark overreacting to something. Look at the falco example with him and praxis. Look at the past with him and Niko (although IIRC Niko did insult him constantly). Look at him and me, I constantly call him out like I do everyone (just ask the yoshi boards, yet they don't take personal offense to it). Really a board that's not productive at all isn't seen as a board anymore, the peach boards are productive and we have drama so that's why we're made fun of so much.

Glick

Smash Lord
Lol wow get baited.

And if you wanna play an offensive game, go play melee.
You don't find something perverse about the fact that you are baiting me in your own thread about why the jiggz community sucks?

I think that you are just using "baiting" to cover up the fact that you are a complete and utter moron. I'm 95% sure that when you wrote that original post you were like "LOL GOTCHA THIS ANALOGY IS SO WIN".

Give me a break lol

Kief

Smash Ace
Everybody loves Jigglypuff.

Therefor if we act like Jigglypuff, everyone will like us.

If everyone likes us, then we must have good boards right? :bee:

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman

Jig-Jigg-a-ly?
:chuckle:

Puff jiggly puff puff jig puff....Jiggly puff jig jig puff jiggly...Jiggly jig jig jig jig jiggly puff...Jiggly puff jig jig puff jiggly....Puff jiggly puff puff jig puff.

Great idea mate! :laugh:

Well I had fun....

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord

If everyone likes us, then we must have good boards right? :bee:
well if you've ever watched pokemon you'd know that jigglypuff is a short temperd show-off who tries endlessly to impress, but always fails. then takes sweet revenge on her audience and storms off. "PAFF!"

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I don't get you guys.
WHAT MORE COULD YOU ADD TO THESE BOARDS.
All the frame data,guides and random crap is done.
Glick is clearly speaking to us as a seperate community, and is obviously comparing us to Brawl+ where there is always something new to discover. Example?: A big one is the nightly builds.

Meta is trying to convay this message to us:

LETS PRETEND WE'RE DOING SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE SHALL WE?

But I've beaten excel zero's fox and his fox is pretty good. I pretty much did sh Nair out of shield the entire time and finished his last stock off with drill rest.

The Fox and Jigglypuff matchup is pretty **** close, however Falco and Wolf have a larger advantage. Fox is a really easy and fun gimp.

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
well if you've ever watched pokemon you'd know that jigglypuff is a short temperd show-off who tries endlessly to impress, but always fails. then takes sweet revenge on her audience and storms off. "PAFF!"
yeah it's really a tragic story of the lonely soul who just wants to be loved for its singing ability but was driven to the path of DEADLY WARRIOR.

*sniff

highfive

Smash Lord
I see that these boards are pretty empty. I see that there have been conflicts over the past. I may be a scrub at Purin but I'll do my best to hold up Purin's name.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
So guys, will we try to resume some form of productivity on these boards?

Jinxkatrina8

Smash Cadet
Well, (yes I know that this is coming from a complete nubcake, lol, but I have enough experience with other Forums to know a bit about how things work), you could all start by trying to get some new life into the board.

Most of the active peeps, from what I can see, are well-established members of the community, who've been around for a while. Not that that's a bad thing, but seriously, there isn't much new life here! A part of the problem may be that you're all a bit *too* inclusive. Instead of focusing on past dramas, and the "good old days" why not try and get some more people out there to come on over and 'preciate the 'puff?

Cold Fusion

Well, (yes I know that this is coming from a complete nubcake, lol, but I have enough experience with other Forums to know a bit about how things work), you could all start by trying to get some new life into the board.

Most of the active peeps, from what I can see, are well-established members of the community, who've been around for a while. Not that that's a bad thing, but seriously, there isn't much new life here! A part of the problem may be that you're all a bit *too* inclusive. Instead of focusing on past dramas, and the "good old days" why not try and get some more people out there to come on over and 'preciate the 'puff?
I, as well as others have tried. We all failed.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
dont you think an updated guide to puff is in order? I mean the guide we have now is so bad and outdated it tells you to di with f-air lol

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I agree as well, but who will write it?
believe it or not, I started on it already lol. I think it would be best though if it is a joint project, and everyone puts their experience and input. I can write the intro (already have actually), and do a very good job analyzing her moveset. We already have frame data thanks to Alex. But I think to make the best guide, all seasoned puff players should contribute. Also I would keep some of Alex's stuff, it's still useful.

Cold Fusion

believe it or not, I started on it already lol. I think it would be best though if it is a joint project, and everyone puts their experience and input. I can write the intro (already have actually), and do a very good job analyzing her moveset. We already have frame data thanks to Alex. But I think to make the best guide, all seasoned puff players should contribute. Also I would keep some of Alex's stuff, it's still useful.
Sounds like a plan. I have no objections.

Framerate

Smash Lord
I personally have felt ostracized from the Jiggs boards. I am in no way compelled to contribute towards a community that doesn't respect me. Heck, maybe I'm overreacting but I've been optimistic from day one and all I ever seemed to get was beef for it.

That's how I feel about the Jiggs boards...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Namesearch ftw

Well that's a shame. The Peach boards are as tight knit as you can get. We all respect each other and help each other out and cheer each other on.

Second Peach and join us Frame, or just join us anyway. xD

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I personally have felt ostracized from the Jiggs boards. I am in no way compelled to contribute towards a community that doesn't respect me. Heck, maybe I'm overreacting but I've been optimistic from day one and all I ever seemed to get was beef for it.

That's how I feel about the Jiggs boards...
Who are you?

Framerate

Smash Lord
I feel loved :D

I have some matches from this previous weekend coming. They are awesome. Hopefully I can start making a name for myself on here.

Also, KB is really good. He's just being mean and picking on us low tiers. In all honesty though I only lost the set because I didn't know how good Peach was on Mansion and I switched to DK for some down-b spam (that totally didn't work...).

Top Bottom