• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why The Jigglypuff Community Sucks and How to Improve It?

Metatitan

Smash Master
I am not attacking anyone in this thread, I am simply stating the truth. People believe that jigglypuff being such a horrible character is cause for the disintegration. If this were the case then the ganondorf boards would not be productive at all, yet they are a productive character board despite being the lowest spot on the tier list.

So why does our community suck so much? Let's have a blast from the past. Back in the day believe it or not these boards were productive. We had hopes for jigglypuff being middle tier (veril thought she could be high tier, he was always such a dreamer). Mr. Eh made her hitbox images, alex provided frame data and the guide (outdated but still a contribution), and Mike and G-Reg provided fatherly advice. We had an active xat chat. We had a close-knit community. We had our problems as every board does, particularly with drama between woody and alex (it's BOTH of your faults, although alex starts the attacks woody responds). This is how the boards were when I arrived; they were friendly. They were hopeful. They were productive.

People think all of this changed when our players (mainly glick and veril) left brawl for brawl+. I joined them for a little bit before realizing brawl+ was a terrible game. But this isn't a debate on whether brawl+ sucks or not, this is where to pinpoint the time and place where the boards fell apart. And that time is when Alex lost to Manic in our fun little wifi jigglypuff tournament and threw a ***** fit, erasing his guide and all the frame data we had. Alex later told us it was a joke, but to be honest I dont buy it. Alex is really fun about 95% of the time but he has his moments where he literally goes crazy. So I repeat: I. Do. Not. Buy. It.

The boards had taken a blow; we were moving on however. We reassembled the JBR and started to reconstruct our frame data and our guide. We basically had Veril, Mike, and me leading the boards now. It was up to us to revive the boards. And we failed. Veril fell in love with brawl+ and quit regular brawl (with glick following him), and Mike and I gave up hope on these boards and left only to occasionally post. It was around this time where I also learned jigglypuff was hopeless for competitive play. As much as I loved the character, I could no longer play as her because I wanted to at least play decently (yoshi is another story though, I just stopped having fun with him :().

So you all know the rest, Alex and others (myself included at times) went on trolling rampages, several conflicts emerged, and essentially the boards ceased to exist as a functioning character board. And all this within a short span of time. I may not use jigglypuff in tournament (aside from mabey low tier with yoshi) anymore, but I'm willing to do my best to help rebuild these boards because I still feel attachment to the character. So I'm asking you all as a community, what should we do?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
We really need to be more supportive and encouraging to each other. I try to help you guys out by uploading replays. Hardly anyone mains her, but the people who do seem to get into petty, fickle arguments. Like actually caring about Puff dittos and ****. Needs to stop. And don't do Puff dittos, it's not going to give you quality match-up experience or do much for her metagame. That's the biggest problem I see- lack of support and cohesiveness on the boards.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
The problem I found with the Jiggs boards when I got here that has persisted even to now is that almost no one is willing to do much if anything at all.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I've certainly offered my fair share of help, advice, and constructive criticism in the past, but if I attempt to do the same today, my comments are seen as "trolling" from other members of the community.
Alex ain't got a da** thing on me when I stop troll-bagging.

People believe that jigglypuff being such a horrible character is cause for the disintegration
No, the people who were overzelously advocating that she isn't a bad character were the ones creating this dichotomy between those who accept Puff for who she is and yet, still want to use Her Majesty, and those who still think that she can **** rainbows. How many times have you been personally been shot down, ignored, and downright flamed for agreeing with me in saying that she's trash, Meta?

The issue isn't whether she truly is crap or not; it's the fact that we refuse to come to SOME sort of compromise regarding this.

But this isn't a debate on whether brawl+ sucks or not, this is where to pinpoint the time and place where the boards fell apart.
March 13th, 2009.
Alex's insurrection anyway

history and crap
Seems pretty accurate to me, especially Woody and Alex's secret relationship.

So I'm asking you all as a community, what should we do?
In all seriousness, we need to create a homo brothership
AND LEAVE OUT SNO LOLOL
between the board regulars.

The problem I found with the Jiggs boards when I got here that has persisted even to now is that almost no one is willing to do much if anything at all.
I'll agree with this point especially: I haven't even touched the Stage and Match Up discussions in over a week.

I'm a lazy ****.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Jiggz is tied with MK and Samus as the most fun characters for me. Perhaps I could be of assistance? I can upload vids if someone needs.

Cold Fusion

Jiggz is tied with MK and Samus as the most fun characters for me. Perhaps I could be of assistance? I can upload vids if someone needs.
Of course you can be of assistance. Jigglypuff needs more representation.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
WTF, i played my *** off with jiggs for like 8 straight months, and even came out with an amazing guide for playing her, which lists several options for all kinds of situations. Since then, almost all of you have quit jiggs and aren't good with her. I'm sorry, but i NEVER used any of the frama data or hitbox information collected by you guys, because you can just learn that stuff by playing, it's not terribly important. Resting people out of their moves and knowing when to do it is a useful but risky technique, and isn't even viable unless you are at low % and they are at higher %. just look at the join dates in this place, this board is virtually all noobs and everyone argues over the smallest stuff, when in reality NO ONE is doing anything good with jiggs, not even me.

Glick

Smash Lord
The reason why discussing her becomes a joke is because shes a shallow character and a bad character. Not to mention she's not technical, and reading stuff about her doesn't benefit you at all(IMO).It was obvious you guys were frantically picking at straws with those jiggz AT's.

and I certainly did my fair share of boards help. I was one of the main players on here WAY back in the day. I did a substantial amount of work on the old matchups thread. Before even your time meta. Infact I remember your first posts here.

I've gotten decent in tournament. But the more and more times I played the more times I felt like I wasted my money. She appears to have good potential but her cons heavily outway her pros, and that's why she is so low on the tier list.

So I don't get why you think this place shouldn't be a wasteland. What else could you talk about? Everything has been covered, even the pointless stuff. Now you guys are just trying to make something out of nothing.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
The reason why discussing her becomes a joke is because shes a shallow character and a bad character. Not to mention she's not technical, and reading stuff about her doesn't benefit you at all(IMO).It was obvious you guys were frantically picking at straws with those jiggz AT's.
Yep but we did a ****load of work and idiots like Woody who think that a auto cancel dair is possible when he's landing like 10 frames after the move has already ended or way more is hilarious. I saw his autocancel dair, its kinda funny because he fast falls after a full hop or double jump AFTER the last kick comes out, in short, he's not getting a better hitbox at all.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Double jump or full hop fair/dair is good, but fast falling it isn't very smart. It touches the shield and puts you out of range, but why fast fall and your already done with the hitbox when you fast fall, your just leaving yourself vulnerable when you do so.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I agree with this. I was willing to do a kill % topic and I even started testing, it's just I dropped my Wii and overheats frequently making testing hard for me. I asked for people to help and contribute but no one gave a ****. :ohwell:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I find it funny the OP was trying to cover the issues with the board, and everyone seems to want the issues to persist.

Also G-reg, join date honestly doesn't mean that much. I lurked for 4 years before joining. I just never saw the need to make an account. Also someone who posts an "out there" idea that may or may not work isn't a noob. It may work, you should give it a shot before trying it.

You can learn about what something is by playing (frame data, frame advantage, etc.) but with threads that can give you exact specifics (EG: the difference may only be 1 frame on the hitbox. Most people cannot notice a difference that small. But that 1 frame can make a difference and you may never know it.

Data is important, but data and theory shouldn't be 100% of how you play.... unless you are me and take a notebook to tournaments.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Woody's just a ******* and there's no point for this board even to exist anymore.
This statement coming from you completely surprises me

WTF, i played my *** off with jiggs for like 8 straight months, and even came out with an amazing guide for playing her, which lists several options for all kinds of situations. Since then, almost all of you have quit jiggs and aren't good with her. I'm sorry, but i NEVER used any of the frama data or hitbox information collected by you guys, because you can just learn that stuff by playing, it's not terribly important. Resting people out of their moves and knowing when to do it is a useful but risky technique, and isn't even viable unless you are at low % and they are at higher %. just look at the join dates in this place, this board is virtually all noobs and everyone argues over the smallest stuff, when in reality NO ONE is doing anything good with jiggs, not even me.
Yes you did, and I mentioned you. Frame data is important because it can open up options you may have never thought of.

and I certainly did my fair share of boards help. I was one of the main players on here WAY back in the day. I did a substantial amount of work on the old matchups thread. Before even your time meta. Infact I remember your first posts here.

I've gotten decent in tournament. But the more and more times I played the more times I felt like I wasted my money. She appears to have good potential but her cons heavily outway her pros, and that's why she is so low on the tier list.

So I don't get why you think this place shouldn't be a wasteland. What else could you talk about? Everything has been covered, even the pointless stuff. Now you guys are just trying to make something out of nothing.
If the ganon boards are productive I see no reason why these boards should not be. Every character board frantically picks at AT's as an attempt to mabey improve their character. That's just natural. It's kind've like how brawl+ is frantically picking at brawl's physics to make it an offensive game

Yep but we did a ****load of work and idiots like Woody who think that a auto cancel dair is possible when he's landing like 10 frames after the move has already ended or way more is hilarious. I saw his autocancel dair, its kinda funny because he fast falls after a full hop or double jump AFTER the last kick comes out, in short, he's not getting a better hitbox at all.
Alex you really need to learn to stop insulting people out of nowhere. It's a skill that helps in life actually :)

here we go again...im not gonna bother with this one, just know that its wrong
Good for you Woody :)

Cold Fusion

I am going to give a much more thorough rundown on the problems I noticed with the Jigglypuff boards and how to improve them. The problem with the Jigglypuff boards is not whether or not Jigglypuff sucks, the problem is that people in the Jigglypuff boards are TOO BUSY JOHNING ABOUT HOW SHE SUCKS! Seriously, we need to finish all of the data threads. We really should start the K.O. percentage thread. We should actually help people with learning how to use Jigglypuff. We need to start using Jigglypuff more frequently to advance her metagame, if there is any left that is. We need to either create a new guide on how to use Jigglypuff or update the current one. We really need to resume the match-up discussions
I am looking at you, Noob
. We also need to resume the stage-discussion thread
once again, I am looking at you Noob

For anyone too lazy to read this semi-WoT, we need to resume all discussions regarding Jigglypuff.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that almost any and all discussion in the Jigglypuff boards is the semi-spam in the social thread.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I am going to give a much more thorough rundown on the problems I noticed with the Jigglypuff boards and how to improve them. The problem with the Jigglypuff boards is not whether or not Jigglypuff sucks, the problem is that people in the Jigglypuff boards are TOO BUSY JOHNING ABOUT HOW SHE SUCKS! Seriously, we need to finish all of the data threads. We really should start the K.O. percentage thread. We should actually help people with learning how to use Jigglypuff. We need to start using Jigglypuff more frequently to advance her metagame, if there is any left that is. We need to either create a new guide on how to use Jigglypuff or update the current one. We really need to resume the match-up discussions
I am looking at you, Noob
. We also need to resume the stage-discussion thread
once again, I am looking at you Noob

For anyone too lazy to read this semi-WoT, we need to resume all discussions regarding Jigglypuff.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that almost any and all discussion in the Jigglypuff boards is the semi-spam in the social thread.
Don't throw so much on Noob's shoulders. PNDMike use to do all that. What ever happen to him? Did he finally realize Jigglypuff is not star material?

Cold Fusion

Don't throw so much on Noob's shoulders. PNDMike use to do all that. What ever happen to him? Did he finally realize Jigglypuff is not star material?
I am not actually blaming any of this on Noob. He just said that he has been lazy about it.

tgrove69

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff can win with just two moves. Drill + cstick rest. Wins every time

(Don't take this seriously lol)

Icyo

Smash Ace
This board would be just fine if it didn't dissolve in to discussing why "Jigglypuff is worthless" every productive thread. There would have to be a binding pact to prevent this from happening. So far only two people have really answered Meta's question: SNO and Era. Stay positive guys and just start coming up with plans.

TheStig

Smash Lord
i dont post here anymore because every time i post someone shots me down. i've been on the jiggly boards back when Bowyer, Mang0, and that ch0zen guy were using jiggly. times have changed.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
This drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

Anyone have any idea how many frames of shieldstun Jigglypuff's nair creates?
Why has nobody created a Gurren Lagann texture for Jiggs yet?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
i dont post here anymore because every time i post someone shots me down. i've been on the jiggly boards back when Bowyer, Mang0, and that ch0zen guy were using jiggly. times have changed.
ChozenOne is a legend. I played him in Melee a few weeks back, fun stuff. I was in his Melee crew.

Anyways, you can't revive the Jiggs community. Cuz yall gonna lose to Samuses in the SWF Low Tier Tourney

PND

Smash Champion
Thanks for the passive-aggressive jab at me, but I decided to leave the boards because of all the infighting and trolling. Simply put, I left because of the reasons Meta outlined in the original post. For the record, I'm still playing her in tourneys and friendlies, still developing stuff and sharing it with Jiggernaut. . . but I'm pretty much done with this community unless it improves drastically. The only reason I came back here to even read this topic was because I got a Wall post asking if I was still around and it sparked my interest. But now I'm gone again.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Alex lost to Manic in our fun little wifi jigglypuff tournament and threw a ***** fit, erasing his guide and all the frame data we had. Alex later told us it was a joke, but to be honest I dont buy it.
A blunt excuse for erasing the guide, frame data, and chat wouldn't you say?

I loved the Jigglypuff boards when Veril and Glick were here, and even when Bowyer poped in and out when we mentioned his name (name searcher lol). Nothing has been happening and that causes more people to drop Jigglypuff or abandon any attempt to try and help.

Veril shure did have some rediculus options about Jigglypuff, but it was good to hear some positive thoughts.

Good idea Meta, but the thought of an active Jigglypuff community is just crazy talk.

how about you all just stfu and play jiggs.
Hypocritically true statement is Hypocritically true.

U dunt pley jigleypuf :p

Glick

Smash Lord

It's kind've like how brawl+ is frantically picking at brawl's physics to make it an offensive game
What a fail analogy.

Those things are nothing alike. Brawl players frantically picking at a shallow game for ATs is nothing like the changes that are made to B+.

The builds are betas for a reason, there is nothing frantic about it. The finished official are glossed over products of vigorous testing. What's wrong with trying to make it a more offensive game. Shouldn't fighting games try to have a balance of offense and defense?

Picking at something that you can't change for stuff that isn't there=/= changing aspects to change the experience

I loved the Jigglypuff boards when Veril and Glick were here, and even when Bowyer poped in and out when we mentioned his name (name searcher lol). Nothing has been happening and that causes more people to drop Jigglypuff or abandon any attempt to try and help.
I loved it to.
Because it was fun, I had fun talking to you guys in the thread and whatever.
We helped people yada yada.
Things just turned sour and it ran its course. I think we had a good run.
I don't see why everyone has to have their panties in their ***.

I don't get you guys.
WHAT MORE COULD YOU ADD TO THESE BOARDS.
All the frame data,guides and random crap is done.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Lol wow get baited. Anyways there's plenty to be done, the jigglypuffs could at least harass thinkaman and vanz to post more footage of themselves and considering jiggs is hopeless in normal play, they could research items like the ganons did.

And if you wanna play an offensive game, go play melee.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Lol wow get baited. Anyways there's plenty to be done, the jigglypuffs could at least harass thinkaman and vanz to post more footage of themselves and considering jiggs is hopeless in normal play, they could research items like the ganons did.

And if you wanna play an offensive game, go play melee.
whats your opinion on jiggz "backflip" seeing as how you short hop one before every shield grab.
yes it gives you time to space and yes it acts as a good mindgame, but is there more to it?
i watched some of your vids. it seems to be the one thing that makes your jiggz unique.
im curious

Top Bottom