• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why The Jigglypuff Community Sucks and How to Improve It?

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I feel loved :D

I have some matches from this previous weekend coming. They are awesome. Hopefully I can start making a name for myself on here.

Also, KB is really good. He's just being mean and picking on us low tiers. In all honesty though I only lost the set because I didn't know how good Peach was on Mansion and I switched to DK for some down-b spam (that totally didn't work...).
But seriously, what Noobicidal said, who are you?

alex073088

Smash Rookie
im not sure if the jig. community sucks meaning in skill or u mean the numbers are low. personally i appreciate not hardly any1 using jig. i kinda like a character being rarely seen and then when u see them your like **** hes really good with her. Same goes for other games like bridget(guilty gear), soul calibu iv(seungmina), jiggluypuff is way too advanced for the common gamer and i love that. plus she is soooo ****in cute...just miss some of the good things bout jiggly...like rest, her up-throw it used to shoot them really far up in the air like till u couldnt see them anymore.sing being somewhat useful in nintendo 64 version.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
im not sure if the jig. community sucks meaning in skill or u mean the numbers are low. personally i appreciate not hardly any1 using jig. i kinda like a character being rarely seen and then when u see them your like **** hes really good with her. Same goes for other games like bridget(guilty gear), soul calibu iv(seungmina), jiggluypuff is way too advanced for the common gamer and i love that. plus she is soooo ****in cute...just miss some of the good things bout jiggly...like rest, her up-throw it used to shoot them really far up in the air like till u couldnt see them anymore.sing being somewhat useful in nintendo 64 version.
Yea I found that sing better in super smash bros. My brother actually used Briget very well and gave his opponent a hard time. Just takes practice to use jigglypuff well but may remain secondary.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
im not sure if the jig. community sucks meaning in skill or u mean the numbers are low.
Community sucks because

1/4 are trolls

1/4 just use her on wifi

1/4 quit her

1/4 dont give a **** about her because they think she's "hopeless."

alex073088

Smash Rookie
Community sucks because

1/4 are trolls

1/4 just use her on wifi

1/4 quit her

Wifi is better then nothing. =(
i GREATLY DISLIKE nintendos online wifi system, thats one huge thing thats stopping this game from utter greatness...and we have no idea when nintendo will improve there online functionality. Btw, snipernightowl, very nice jigglypuff seriously man, from reading these forums im already better and i main jigglypuff in every single smash bros,i need to use more d-air, b-air...and save my f-air for k-o's only.sadly some matches are just unwinnable like versus zelda.:(

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
i GREATLY DISLIKE nintendos online wifi system, thats one huge thing thats stopping this game from utter greatness...and we have no idea when nintendo will improve there online functionality. Btw, snipernightowl, very nice jigglypuff seriously man, from reading these forums im already better and i main jigglypuff in every single smash bros,i need to use more d-air, b-air...and save my f-air for k-o's only.sadly some matches are just unwinnable like versus zelda.:(
Does the online lag also affect friend matches? (I hardly have people registered on my roster.) Also by looking at the match up chart Mr. Game&Watch is very hard to beat.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
If you could get one of the top 5 diddy kong players to come and help the jigglypuff boards out you guys will have 5 new at's by the end of march.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
well im happy to hear my guide is proving useful for some people.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Community sucks because

1/4 are trolls

1/4 just use her on wifi

1/4 quit her

Don't forget to add in the percentage that represents those who are always complaining about the community.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I actually enjoy reading around. I find these boards funny.

Yes there is some attempt to create guides and things with her... And sometimes they do end up "Oh just quit because she's hopeless." But didn't you, SNO, used to be a part of the Jigglypuff is a Hopeless Character social group?

(BTW my teacher just said Jiggs in class. I laughed)

So at one time you thought she was a hopeless character so how can you get mad when other people agree with that statement. Yeah it does get a big overstated, but everyone, at one time, thought Jiggs was a hopeless character.

Jiggs is good in Low Tier. Most of the top players in Texas play her in LT tourneys. That's really the only place it's EASY to do well with her. It's very difficult to do well with her and place HIGH (top 20) in a regular Brawl tourney.

I enjoy the community. But that could be because I don't ask for any information or try and further anything and mostly just read. :p

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I actually enjoy reading around. I find these boards funny.

Yes there is some attempt to create guides and things with her... And sometimes they do end up "Oh just quit because she's hopeless." But didn't you, SNO, used to be a part of the Jigglypuff is a Hopeless Character social group?
I joined it for the lulz to be funny, because I was recently accepted in the backroom. But as you see, I left.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
yea and i've been meaning to write up the b-air approach but ive been so busy with life... I will get around to it soon though.

alex073088

Smash Rookie
Does the online lag also affect friend matches? (I hardly have people registered on my roster.) Also by looking at the match up chart Mr. Game&Watch is very hard to beat.
the lag is actually pretty good when ur playing with a friend off ur list, form my shorttime dealing with online brawl. but randoms OMMFG IT IS HORRIBLY LAGGY, THEN LMAO YOUR WAITING LIKE AN HOUR TO EVEN RUN INTO A HORIBLY UNBEARABLY LAGGY MATCH WHICH ON MOST OCCASIONS WHILL JUST FREEZE OR DROP COMPLETELY. ^-^ wi-fi is wifi though thats why i fear playing online with the ps3, xbox live i atleast KNOW that they have to plug up to a close by internet source. anyway jigglypuff for life =D

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Wifi is better then nothing. =(
yes, this is true. You can learn the fundementals and (some) match-ups on wifi. However I recommend at least doing offline once, so you can see what works and what doesn't work offline, and apply that to your game on wifi. In other words, don't use wifi tactics if you intend to do offline. My Kirby is **** now, and I think what helped was doing wifi, and going offline a few times and seeing what is legit and what isn't. Also, if you can- try to play only in green or blue connections. It's still nothing like offline, but less input lag is always helpful.

I quit wifi, but I won't deny it helped me. However, you reach a point where it doesn't do anything more for you, and that's why I moved to offline.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Well, I did switch for our brackets match because I had played him in a MM before the tourney and I wanted to switch it up. Actually I don't remember what happened that set but somehow it ended up Wario vs DK on Mansion...

But I did beat hilt in losers. The set was recorded but sole is being lazy and not uploading it.

Here's the MM against Blue Rogue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94beWUaGbx4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iHbEZCO8SY

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Well, I did switch for our brackets match because I had played him in a MM before the tourney and I wanted to switch it up. Actually I don't remember what happened that set but somehow it ended up Wario vs DK on Mansion...

But I did beat hilt in losers. The set was recorded but sole is being lazy and not uploading it.

Here's the MM against Blue Rogue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94beWUaGbx4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iHbEZCO8SY
At the same time when the match ended for the first match, the people in the video and me both said "Awww...". Good match though. I can see how tricky it is to win with Jigglypuff.:(

Top Bottom