• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Metaknight Should Not Be Banned (A.K.A The Community Chat Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PND

Smash Champion
Just got back from OiN. Man, I got deathpool'd hard. Srsly. My pool was so hard, NikoK and I were fiercely competing for 3rd.

I'll start posting and updating my shiz in a bit. My brain hurts from this weekend.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Just got back from OiN. Man, I got deathpool'd hard. Srsly. My pool was so hard, NikoK and I were fiercely competing for 3rd.

I'll start posting and updating my shiz in a bit. My brain hurts from this weekend.
If you were competing for 3rd, then one of you got 3rd and one got 4th so you both moved on to the next round right... that doesn't seem death poolish at all. Am I missing something here?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
64 is nice because it takes me about 2 initial hits to kill someone, you don't have to think about DI to combo someone, the stocks go fast, and I'm lazy.

Glick

Smash Lord
I love how in 64, you can drill to up tilt to rest every stock and its nearly flawless. Theres barely anything di can do about it, too. Yeah but it wasn't hard to gimp jiggz. Vertical recovery sucked. All you had to do was knock us off and keep smashing the ledge.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I love how in 64, you can drill to up tilt to rest every stock and its nearly flawless. Theres barely anything di can do about it, too. Yeah but it wasn't hard to gimp jiggz. Vertical recovery sucked. All you had to do was knock us off and keep smashing the ledge.
Yeah, and the fact that she had 4 jumps from what I remember instead of 6 (it was less than 6, all I remember).

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu's where it's at. It's fun to **** around on the ledge with quick attack and stuff.
Pikachu's quick attack is awesome. It's fun to spam it because your opponent just ends up chasing you around the stage.

Glick

Smash Lord
Kirby has 6 jumps and his up B. BROKEENNN. His up tilt could combo someone for like 5 hits.

Thats why I played jigglypuff and kirby in that game. In melee I was not happy at what they did to him though.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
64 Kirby was so beastly that he decided he was above games like Melee, and thus hired a Kirby impersonator to take his place, hence the suckitude.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wait... Was Ganon ever good? I remember him being fun to play, but never good >.<
(Actually, I find his Brawl version better than his Melee incarnation).

But yeah, the Cap. hired a stunt double. A BAD stunt double... A masochistic stunt double. In fact, I secretly believe the Brawl Capt. Falcon is a repainted Crash Test Dummy with a voice box.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, guess that shows how little I know about Melee... I generally played Ganon and Jiggly in that too, but I was pretty terrible, so yeah...

Ever seen Divinokage play? Holy hell, I bet you'll take that back.
I can't seem to find any videos of him anywhere.

PND

Smash Champion
He's the best Melee Ganondorf player in the world. And he's awesome.

I was chilling with him and Chester01 (Chet) after OiN. Man we were drunk.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That is an amazing Ganon.

Also, it's been literally several years since I've last played Melee. Melee Ganon is such a different playstile than Brawl Ganon...

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
If a hundred smashes stop playing Meta Knight, and even one switches to Game and Watch, it's a disaster for Jigglypuff.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
If a hundred smashes stop playing Meta Knight, and even one switches to Game and Watch, it's a disaster for Jigglypuff.
I generally prefer playing against MK than G&W personally, regardless of who I'm playing as. G&W is harder to read (at least to me).

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Because metaknight isn't that hard of a match up for jiggz.
Whether or not MK is played a lot or a little, the top jiggs player will probably lose to the MK or G&W player. Neither of them are decent matchups, so while MK might be easier than G&W, they both suck, and if you want to actually place in a top competitive environment, you'll have to switch off of jiggs and play another character, so wouldn't it be better to not have to fight against MK because the only character that even goes even with him is another MK?

If you aren't playing in a top environment, it shouldn't matter because a really good jiggs shouldn't lose to a decent MK or G&W.

And besides, MK is making people quit this game, so having MK in will make more scrubs and decent people quit, meaning less people who you'll be able to beat with Jiggs...

Anyway you look at it, having MK in is worse than having MK banned.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Also, why are we talking about the main topic again? I'd much rather use this thread to talk about **** unrelated to smash, lol.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I feel embarrassed to say this, but I'm actually going to play in a tournament this weekend, lol... don't worry, I haven't started liking this game again, it's only because the top three players in MI are heading to Toronto (Anther and Lain are going to place 1 and 2 over Ally this weekend) and I'll make money... I picked up MK Wednesday and won a doubles tourney that day... and hate to say it, but I would probably make money play MK even with playing against some of the best in the Midwest... but don't expect me to start playing again, lol... cause that would suck... cause video games suck... and life is better without them... but money is nice... but it's probably not worth it... ehh... such a terrible dilemma... if only I sucked *** at this game and had no chance of making money, so I could just give it up, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom