• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Metaknight Should Not Be Banned (A.K.A The Community Chat Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PND

Smash Champion
If money's your concern, get a job.
or deal drugs.
You're at Uni/college, right? There's much better ways to make money than Smash.

And papers suck ****. I'm on page 10 of a 25 pager I'm working on. It's for work though, so at least I'm getting paid muchos amounts of coin.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I feel embarrassed to say this, but I'm actually going to play in a tournament this weekend, lol... don't worry, I haven't started liking this game again, it's only because the top three players in MI are heading to Toronto (Anther and Lain are going to place 1 and 2 over Ally this weekend) and I'll make money... I picked up MK Wednesday and won a doubles tourney that day... and hate to say it, but I would probably make money play MK even with playing against some of the best in the Midwest... but don't expect me to start playing again, lol... cause that would suck... cause video games suck... and life is better without them... but money is nice... but it's probably not worth it... ehh... such a terrible dilemma... if only I sucked *** at this game and had no chance of making money, so I could just give it up, lol.
1.Ally
2.Anther
3.Lain

Fixed.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
or deal drugs.
You're at Uni/college, right? There's much better ways to make money than Smash.

And papers suck ****. I'm on page 10 of a 25 pager I'm working on. It's for work though, so at least I'm getting paid muchos amounts of coin.
Lol at dealing drugs.

1.Ally
2.Anther
3.Lain

Fixed.
Nice.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
1.Ally
1.Anther
2.Lain

Fixed.
HAHAHAHAHA.... lolololol...... wait.... umm.... you serious?.... do you actually think you can beat Anther?...... umm.... I'm not sure whether to laugh at how pathetic you are or feel sorry for you.... :)

You're not going to beat Anther. You probably won't beat Lain either. Have fun getting all that 3rd place cash. :p

or deal drugs.

Eh, the extra money would be nice, but I have enough from the summer to last me the rest of the school year. And I don't have much free time after homework, studying at the library, and various study/homework groups and I'd rather not waste it on working, lol. Smash tourneys would allow me to make money while hangin out with friends, though I think when it comes down to it, even if I did make a lot of money, I probably wouldn't enter many tourneys because I'd rather not miss normal college life for a video game.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Ally can beat Lain, but Anther is iffy.
Eh, naw dude, he's gonna lose... we'll see tomorrow, or whenever the tournament is happening... someone should link the tourney thread to this site because I don't know where it's at, what it's called, and I don't feel like looking for it.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I like port town almost just as much lol. but mute city was actualy more balanced with fewer hazards. they still are the same to me :ohwell:
Port town is double banned tournament because of the hazards and the hazards are so bad that they really don't make it great for Jigglypuff because they are so spontaneous and can kill Jigglypuff insanely early.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Port town is double banned tournament because of the hazards and the hazards are so bad that they really don't make it great for Jigglypuff because they are so spontaneous and can kill Jigglypuff insanely early.
true, but what were the tourny rules for mute city?

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Regular Counterpick tournament stage. I.e., legal in any real tournament. Used mainly to CP Fox's and Falco's

It was banned in doubles but thats besides the point.
wow lol i do notice the difference, port town has a lot more f-zero racers coming at you and they are stronger. plus the stage structure changes way too much like too long or just unfair. (cars coming from the side)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
wow lol i do notice the difference, port town has a lot more f-zero racers coming at you and they are stronger. plus the stage structure changes way too much like too long or just unfair. (cars coming from the side)
Yes it is much different. You could only really get hit by the cars in Mute City is you made a huge mistake or if the opponent hit you there. However, in Brawl, it doesn't really matter what you do on some areas, you can get hit and the punishment is death around one and half times as fast.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Yes it is much different. You could only really get hit by the cars in Mute City is you made a huge mistake or if the opponent hit you there. However, in Brawl, it doesn't really matter what you do on some areas, you can get hit and the punishment is death around one and half times as fast.
when I played on new port for the first time, the first thing i noticed was the strength of the racers. I was killed at 20% or 40% rather than 70% to 80% on melee. (lol i think my numbers are way off)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
when I played on new pork for the first time, the first thing i noticed was the strength of the racers. I was killed at 20% or 40% rather than 70% to 80% on melee. (lol i think my numbers are way off)
Its more like 60% to 100%s from my experience. But you mean New Port, not New Pork. New Pork is probably the worst stage ever and is ideal for stalling, annoying KO's, more stalling, more stalling, and still more stalling. Its so hard to even get a KO.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Also, two similar but way different stages are PK stadium 1 and 2. 1 is VERY balanced and fun. the changes dont cause damage or are hazardus. on PK stadium 2 all the tiers suck besides the rock one. The air one has gay gravity, the ice one is a tripping/luigi wonderland, and the electric one ends in fails.... constant fails. never use rest here children xD. PK 1 is still accepted in tournys, but PK 2 is baned.

"But you mean New Port, not New Pork" ya sorry LOL thanks for correcting me

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Oh man, I'm actually going to a tourney. Like I've been to 1 in the last 6 months and I played DK, lol. Yeah, learned MK since Wednesday... playing good people today... yeah... I'm about to **** people!

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Also, two similar but way different stages are PK stadium 1 and 2. 1 is VERY balanced and fun. the changes dont cause damage or are hazardus. on PK stadium 2 all the tiers suck besides the rock one. The air one has gay gravity, the ice one is a tripping/luigi wonderland, and the electric one ends in fails.... constant fails. never use rest here children xD. PK 1 is still accepted in tournys, but PK 2 is baned.

"But you mean New Port, not New Pork" ya sorry LOL thanks for correcting me
Thats in the tourneys you go to. Any sane tournament has Pokemon Stadium 2 as a standard counterpick, with Pokemon Stadium 1 being either a counterpick or a neutral stage. These are the same tournaments that allowed Hyrule Temple??

Oh man, I'm actually going to a tourney. Like I've been to 1 in the last 6 months and I played DK, lol. Yeah, learned MK since Wednesday... playing good people today... yeah... I'm about to **** people!
Nice.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Thats in the tourneys you go to. Any sane tournament has Pokemon Stadium 2 as a standard counterpick, with Pokemon Stadium 1 being either a counterpick or a neutral stage. These are the same tournaments that allowed Hyrule Temple??
-_- it was a friendlies tourney so lol. It took me 5 minuits to taunt gauvan's R.O.B. out of the pit in the stage. then I F-smashed him across the entire thing lol it was epic. hardcore doubles... with..... unbalanced stages ? lol

Oh alex, want to brawl sometime today or tomorow?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
-_- it was a friendlies tourney so lol. It took me 5 minuits to taunt gauvan's R.O.B. out of the pit in the stage. then I F-smashed him across the entire thing lol it was epic. hardcore doubles... with..... unbalanced stages ? lol

Oh alex, want to brawl sometime today or tomorow?
Maybe, but you shouldn't say a stage is banned if you only saw it in a friendly tournament.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
whatever, i dont understand this, but ok. btw there is an online live broadcast tourny in an hour or so. http://sbfan.blogspot.com/
The Smash World Forums, the place where we are here, has a Back Room, where only high level tournament proven players can post and it is invite only. Those people decide the rules of competitive Brawl, the tier lists and the rest.

Glick

Smash Lord
It was recently banned at most tourneys in NY because of that part of it where theres a fan. MK can just star KO you with no trouble at all.

Glick

Smash Lord
That list is ollldddd. look at the last time it was updated. Most tourneys don't use those rules anymore.

PND

Smash Champion
Our tourney scene only had 5 neutrals and must stricter counter picking. Although we do have one fanatical All-Brawl advocate. . .

All-Brawl = suck.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Sadly, so true. Why does Jigglypuff have such a bad aerial game compared to melee....
in melee dispite the gravity or falling speed, jigglypuff was still the float king. You could really feel the difference when your SH b-air in melee. You should try it again. And its not the falling or gravity that made the air game change, it was the hit stun. why did you dare touch the hit stun sakurai?

Wow holy crap. The Jigglypuff boards got around 250+ posts in one day and I would count only 50% of it spam. Pretty nice job guys lets keep these boards moving.
i have noticed we are moving faster than most of the other boards. it will take forever till we get higher lol.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Any sane tournament has Pokemon Stadium 2 as a standard counterpick.
It really depends on the tournament and how conservative the TO wants the stage list to be. It's been banned at a lot of the tourneys I've seen, but some do allow it. I would ban it.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
MK is so ****ing gay... after today's tourney, I'm kind of thinking about unquitting, lol. Placing in the money after gaining some shred of character matchup knowledge and experience seems extremely reachable... even with competing against some of the midwest's best smashers every tourney.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
It really depends on the tournament and how conservative the TO wants the stage list to be. It's been banned at a lot of the tourneys I've seen, but some do allow it. I would ban it.
Let me put it this way, his tournaments allow Hyrule Temple as a CP.

MK is so ****ing gay... after today's tourney, I'm kind of thinking about unquitting, lol. Placing in the money after gaining some shred of character matchup knowledge and experience seems extremely reachable... even with competing against some of the midwest's best smashers every tourney.
Not another MK *****....

Bowyer..refer to your sig
Please or use Falcon or Jigglypuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom