• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Bowser such an unpopular character choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
Well, I was playing Bowser for a while (very long ago), but I quitted few days after grab release chaingrab was found.. Because only human I play would pause the game with screenshot and would scream "Thats cheatiiiiing!!!" (I am not joking. :( ). But I am playing him again in Bbrawl =)

I find its because of his tier placement and size o.o, you dont have many large chars near low tier, so the ones in the upper tiers get all the attention, I just personally never liked bowser's playstyle

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's because people are used to smash spamming for KOs; which will NEVER work for bowser.

Also, characters like falco where tilts don't even exist.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
usually because they rather play people like sonic, snake, or the space animals.
MK says hi.

And gawd, Bowser isnt chosen alot because he isn't.

Why is this thread not locked yet.
General discussion, much?

Character specific boards are here to try to further a characters metagame.
This thread has no such porpose.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Bowser's got underated disease or somethin, I like him ,he's good, middle tier stuff....and ain't slow as you all know :)

Course, the only reason why I would ever use him is because of THE BEST costume in Brawl, hands down. Makes me wanna secondary him: The gold and Silver costume. Love it love it love it :D

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Blue and white are the best colors I don't like brown so much and regular is regular...

Zeallyx

We don't get a lot of posts here. Any conversation is a good one.
That is pathetic. Which is something bowser, the bowser board, and the bowser board regulars are not.

That statement is disrespectful towards bowsers metagame, and the people who make bowser current metagame to what it is today, And towards those who keep bowsers metagame what it is, and are able to improve said metagame.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
That is pathetic. Which is something bowser, the bowser board, and the bowser board regulars are not.

That statement is disrespectful towards bowsers metagame, and the people who make bowser current metagame to what it is today, And towards those who keep bowsers metagame what it is, and are able to improve said metagame.
Oh okay. Don't talk unless it's about bowser's METAGAME. Lighten up, dude.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I didn't really understand anything about what tokneeornottoknee's post said tbh.

I mean I'm just doing me and repping Bowser to the fullest of my ability, and I hope every Bowser main is doing the same lol...idk what to really say. At the end of the day, Bowser is unpopular because of a number of reasons. We hve 21 pages of us listing basically the same stuff, just formed in different sentences.

Also @ Colors, I've used every color of Bowser <_< and idk which one I really like the most D: Hell, even as we speak I'm still unsure of a color to stick with. I just know that I'd never use the Zombie Brown one lol.

Also, if I may ask, what happened to that Bowser player collection thread we had?

It had the colors everyone used too D:

Zeallyx

Oh okay. Don't talk unless it's about bowser's METAGAME. Lighten up, dude.
I take back what I said. You should read the ToS again and post stuff like the conversations in this thread in you guys' social thread, where it belongs.

I didn't really understand anything about what tokneeornottoknee's post said tbh.

I mean I'm just doing me and repping Bowser to the fullest of my ability, and I hope every Bowser main is doing the same lol...idk what to really say. At the end of the day, Bowser is unpopular because of a number of reasons. We hve 21 pages of us listing basically the same stuff, just formed in different sentences.
Then you should further develop your reading skills. As there is nothing wrong with the grammar and sentence construction of the post in question.
And post in the social thread instead. As this thread can't be following the ToS.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
I take back what I said. You should read the ToS again and post stuff like the conversations in this thread in you guys' social thread, where it belongs.

Then you should further develop your reading skills. As there is nothing wrong with the grammar and sentence construction of the post in question.
And post in the social thread instead. As this thread can't be following the ToS.
Alright since you aren't currently contributing to bowsers metagame, kindly gtfo.

GreenFox

Smash Ace

I'm saying this kindly do you have a stick up your butt? or trying to be one of those annoying "wannabe mods"

Zeallyx

Alright since you aren't currently contributing to bowsers metagame, kindly gtfo.
Touché. But then you too. And one can't stay on topic in saying something is off topic.
But as it stands now, this board seems pathetic.

I'm saying this kindly do you have a stick up your butt? or trying to be one of those annoying "wannabe mods"
Who would want to be a mod. Most of them are power hungry fools, who think they actually can grasp and shed true authority at will on a message board.

Though this place does have its purpose. And one doesnt have to be a mod to see, and tell you, this board seems useless. Which it isn't. But this thread staying open for this many pages is against this place's porpose.

If you want to 'chat' freely on here, post in the social thread. As that is what it is for.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Chill dude, it's not vitally important that we all are 100% on topic all the time. Maybe the boards get kinda messy, but eh... Take a look at the thread you're in. I don't think we will ever reach a consensus on why Bowser is unpopular, so we might as well discuss something else.

On a side note, who's coming to Pound 4? ^_^

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
First of all, calm down a little, everyone. I fear this discussion leads to nothing but insulting. ToKnee does have a point. However, the Bowsers have, too.

Bowser does suffer from this problem. I can count the contributors to Bowser discussions on like 2 hands. That's sad. Furthermore, Bowser has no noticeable name playing him outside of Vex. The character has quite a few things to discover, but there's no motivation in here because it all seems just hopeless.

I think almost everyone is aware of the many reasons why Bowser is unpopular. However, Bowser doesn't suffer this fate alone. There's many characters that have almost no to absolutely no representation in tournaments. This board is a desert as well, since most of the people have no interest discussing, and there's not many people to discuss with, anyway.

I think if we tried to make this board a bit more appealing, started community projects and made a proper and up to date guide, it'd be a first step into making Bowser a bit more attractive to people. It worked for the Foxes, too.

Zeallyx

First of all, calm down a little, everyone. I fear this discussion leads to nothing but insulting. ToKnee does have a point. However, the Bowsers have, too.

Bowser does suffer from this problem. I can count the contributors to Bowser discussions on like 2 hands. That's sad. Furthermore, Bowser has no noticeable name playing him outside of Vex. The character has quite a few things to discover, but there's no motivation in here because it all seems just hopeless.

I think almost everyone is aware of the many reasons why Bowser is unpopular. However, Bowser doesn't suffer this fate alone. There's many characters that have almost no to absolutely no representation in tournaments. This board is a desert as well, since most of the people have no interest discussing, and there's not many people to discuss with, anyway.

I think if we tried to make this board a bit more appealing, started community projects and made a proper and up to date guide, it'd be a first step into making Bowser a bit more attractive to people. It worked for the Foxes, too.
^This.

I am willing to help. Though I may have come off as an *******, I'm actually quite nice and understanding, and can be helpful. Not that you guys must accept/need to accept my help, but the offer stands.

The falcon board, the board I am a regular on, suffers from the same problem(s) this board suffers from.
So I know these kinds of discussions come out of this state of the board, but having said all I said, I do want to help, if nescissary, and I am able to help, as I know how this kind of problem works.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All you guys need to do is admit there is a problem. =P

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
Well if we can actually get something like this going and it improves both his metagame/tier position and popularity, then I'm in. Maybe someone should make a new thread?

Zeallyx

Well if we can actually get something like this going and it improves both his metagame/tier position and popularity, then I'm in. Maybe someone should make a new thread?
Good idea. I'll make a thread listing a possible 'plan of action', if you guys agree.
Or a bowser regular can make it. I don't mind who makes it (I can make it, if you guys want me to), but maybe a bowser regular is a better candidate for the job.

Just post your opinion in this thread, and (lets) get started:).

Raioneru

Smash Rookie
really? to me bowser is the coolest looking character on the game besides lucario and metaknight. but i guess preferences change for many people.

i think its cause bowser can be juggled too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom