• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Do You Stay Here?

Grandeza

Smash Master
What do you like about smashboards? I mean when I first joined I was very into the brawl sections. The game wasn't quite out yet and I was only 12. I thought it was kind of funny that i could say I was easily one of the youngest people on the boards. In fact, at the first tourney I went to, someone made a joke when they found out I was on the boards. Something along the lines of, If I was on the boards at your age, I would be 4-stocking PC Chris by now. Since then of course, my priorities have changed. I'm nowhere near as active as I used to be. Now I stay here for the pool room and Debate hall. I had a bit of a period in between where I was interested in the artwork emporium. I just like the general discussion here. And the community is great. I mean I came here over 3 years ago under the name Zero Suit Falcon. Got one name change and over 3 years later I'm still here. And I've certainly matured in my posting at least. My first posts look like some 12 year old wrote em, which in fact is what happened funny enough. I love this place. I can honestly see myself many years from now still being a member. Maybe one day I'll make it into that prestigious back room. Although, the more I want too, the less likely it is to happen, right :awesome:

So why did you come here? Why are you still here? Basically what's your smashboards history?

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Think of this place as a bar. Need a pick me up? Grab some shots of Pool Rum. Need to rant on about exploits? Try Gin-eral Gaming. Want some taste? BRoom 2003 was a good year.

Geist

Smash Master
I'm still really active in my Melee community, I don't go to OoS or OoC tournaments though. I go here for pretty much all the reasons people would want to, I guess. Tourney dates and regional zones, friends who also post, not to mention it's fun to hang out, to learn more about the game itself, watch videos, and all that stuff.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well I joined back when I LOVED Brawl. At the time I mained Kirby while seconding Sonic and Lucas and I would beat all my friends. Then I joined and only posted in the PR and the Forum Games because I didn't have Brawl nor the internet required to play online. Then I was absent for about 4 months because I had a crappy 3g dongle and I exceeded my minutes. Then I came back after getting a proper router and started posting in the PC. I learned how to battle competitively and I learned how to sprite and ended up being pretty good at the latter. Then I bought a Wii from my friend who also sold me Brawl and I was so happy because now I could play online. Then I started joining tourneys tried to read character guides and failing because I couldn't apply it to the game and I couldn't understand half the terms on that. I then started HATING Brawl because of how much it would cheat you out of a win. I'm about to get the smash? I ****ing trip on my *** because Sakurai thought it would be a great idea to have a ****ing pratt fall implemented in the game. At that time I had also gotten premium membership and thus I'm where I'm at now. I only post in the PC, PR occasionally, and in the DR to everybody's displeasure

Patinator

Smash Champion
I joined when I heard Brawl was coming out, although I joined for it and Melee... I don't play Smash much anymore (though I await a fourth game). Why do I stick around? I've got a few good buddies here. Plus, the forum isn't a total Smash forum. I don't have to talk about Smash all the time.

not like I post much anyway but

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
For the boobies in the Broom.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
A discussion on another forum led me here. It was talking Brawl vs. Melee (Eh, imagine that) and people kept on mentioning "SmashBoards." So out of curiosity, I just typed in smashboards.com and here I came. I don't really post all that much, but I do enjoy reading the threads and discussions on here. I even met one of the hosts for tournies at my college on here. I am not too big on tournaments and competitive playing yet, but maybe sometime soon.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Aside from friends, I've come to enjoy the Pool Room and Media Room. Some topics I usually stick to and post often in. Always fun to talk socially with the friends I've made on the Ike boards too. Half the time, we're just messing around anyways.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I came to swf because all my smash community friends told me to come here and to advertise my first tournament here and stuff. Eventually we grew in size and we all because really good friends with each other in and outside of smash so we use swf as a way to chat forum style in the regional boards.

Its one of the largest reasons I stayed for the longest time, but now i've met a lot of swf friends along the way and became a moderator and now I can't bring myself to leave haha. Too many awesome people here <3

Disco Room rocks socks
The layout/colours of the forum.

I have yet to find a forum that wasn't obnoxious, except Smashboards.
this is so true. I'm actually really surprised that swf has stayed so....visually pleasant for so long.

mzink*

Smash Ace
I duno I sort of lurk around hoping somebody posts something interesting.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm still pretty new to SWF, but I was more than aware of its existence for years now. I decided to join after realizing I wanted to try to get better at Brawl and also aim for entering tournaments. I want my first tourney to be Pound V (as I've stated multiple times at this point), and whether I do well or suck cheesecake, I'll have gained some experience to become better. Also, I like the community as a whole, and the Moderators & Administrators do their jobs rather well to prevent this place from being a hectic mess of a forum, unlike other forums I've been to. I hope to be more active than I already am, and also hope to contribute more (preferably important things) to the community.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well originally it was for Smash, but generally I don't even like forums, so I wasn't planning on staying or even posting really.

Then I made a few friends, and I actually quite like the community since they weren't particularly obnoxious (go figure). Got addicted to User Blogs, had some fun, and although the scenery which I grew to love has completely shifted, there are still people around that I like a lot, and I just generally want to do my part keeping the site running smoothly because of all the good times.

That and I love making people suffer.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Well initially I stayed to learn everything possible about melee.

Got pretty damn good and pwned the competition constantly.

Then everyone stopped playing.

Now I just look at melee vids and post in various rooms/threads that take my interest.

The disco room is the place to be.

It's like here except more relaxed.

The BRoom seems pretty cool too, but you can't pay to get in there xD

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Hmm.............I really don't know why I stay here now that I think about it.
I should leave.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I stay for my friends....................yeah I think I should leave too.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm here for Melee. Signed up for Melee discussion to post my mediocre matches that I thought were beast at the time. Then, I found out randomly that I had a super pro right in my town (Eggm). And from there on out, he offered to give me rides to tournaments, and here I am now.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I dont really have anything to stay for, but can't leave. First real forum I visited daily and now it's a habit. Lurk the usual places, read, every now and then an interesting thread comes up I'll post. my 2cents.

Still interested in brawl, watching vids, following a few big tournaments, tactical.

fun people, good community, great forum.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Because it's a habit and I love the community in the DR.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I hear you guys have lube back there?
Sadly no, Virg is kinda anal about us going anal, now he took away the lube so going anal is a real pain in the ***.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I came on smashboards because I played smash64 online and I heard there was a smash64 section. I started off trolling alot because it was fun but after having multiple accounts banned and getting close to 100 infractions I decided to stop. Now I just like to check and see if there are any interesting threads.

Jane

Smash Hero
I dunno. I only post in one thread.
:yeahboi:

three main places i post is my region's (AZ) boards cuz i love most of the AZ peeps, oli boards cuz, also, i love da olimars, and my hip hop thread which grew an awesome little community... which i love... haha

yeah theres just a lot of cool people. grown into a habit. dont plan on leaving any time soon

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Because I've grown to love this site kindasorta xD
ZSS boards are like one big crazy family. We're planning international trips to hang out, smash, and explore new countries : o
Midwest is awesome <3 The MW boards are hilariously funny. And I <3 NEOH. They've made me more social and confident in my skills and myself. They've become friends instead of 'just those kids I play brawl with'.
And Art Emporium...they're amazing and sooo skilled and awesome. True inspirations.

That's why I stay here: Epic people.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I figured that being in college and not belonging in a forum was a disgrace.

But seriously, I found out about it and due to my love of the games I joined. Made some amazing friends but once college searching started I stopped. Now that i'm settled i've been popping back in every so often to check out the pool room and the poke center when i'm bored.

I give anyone a lot of credit if they actually remember who I am.

Top Bottom