• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you play this game?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think this is a question everyone should ask themselves. And when I ask this question, I mean why do you play this game competitive. Do you wanna stand out? Be someone in the comunity? Have people know you and not be a random? Something to prove?

Why I ask this? Cause around these boards, people ether seem to be too arrogant,cocky, etc. also lots of things just don't get done. And for this character it's ashame. By now Peach players should be just recking ****. Yet we don't. And to me it is seriously embarrassing.

Ether way I think it is a good question to ask. And see if what you are playing for is actually good or bad. Also I am just hella curious.

I'll start with me. Some of you that have known me since day one know my goal here. But for those that have no clue at all:

I decided to play competitive to show the world what Peach can really do. And win a big tourny with her. My father (idol) Mike G did amazing things in melee. He created Peach in melee. he was all about mindgames. While most pros used Dsmash alot, he hardly did. He just thought outside the box. he knew that That was a godly move of Peach. And cause of that fact, peoplewould expect it alot or bait it. So he gave them a rude awakening and mind ****ed them for it. And just mindgamed that move. No other Peach could compare to him. he was just his own breed of Peach play. It was really inspiring. And wanted to do something that great.

Melee I did not push myself hard enough. So was not as good as I could have been. I was only good enough to have top players not beat me so easy. But I had no chance of wining. Which this game I decided not to make that mistake again. I decided to actually travel outside of NY for tournaments. So I traveled all over the EC for tournies. And that helped me get alot better in smash and place well.

What Mike G did in melee I wanted to do in Brawl. He just recreated Peach and just beasted, showing people what this character really is. I wanted to Beast with my favorite nintendo character and show people just what This character really is about. And take a big win with her. I don't care what character you use or what top player you are. None put fear in me and I am not gonan have them tell me otherwise. No matter how many times I lose. I set myself on a goal and will stick to it.

And I know with this character in brawl, it won't be easy. thus I decided to follow what MikeG did. And that is think outside the box. I don't wanna play or be compared to other peach players. I play to a point where that can't happen. I'm all about mindgamesand defensive play. Messing with the opponents head. Thats what Mike G did with Peach and lead to amazing things. Playing typical and all this facny show off stuff does not get it done to me. peach can't be risking this stuff in this gay *** game. So I try my best to play like that and keep it up. I alreadly know most typical mindsets when one play Peach. So I keep that in mind and hit them up with something hella different. Thus I am more mindgame based than anything else. I feel mindgames is really important with Peach and she needs to be played thinking outside the box.

Now doing all this could have hinder me. Cause while I might be all about mindgames, I might focus on that too much and not on being stratigic as well. Mindgames are very important but now always legit/guaranteed.Then there is times where I don't even focus on mind games and just wanna play aggressive and generic. Then lose, which I deserved to have lost playing like that. For really I know better and that is not me. I need to get it together and start playing like this more, this is where I got most of my wins and did great things in my prime. Maybe I just need to be reminded alot.

I don't care much for standing out in the community or as a Peach main. My one goal from the start was to just show people what Peach could really do and take a big win with her. And all peach for that matter. All that fame, being a Peach icon, etc I have recieved just slowly came along with it. Something I did not ask/go for.

Pretty much it. I'm really just hella curious. Some just mind not know, seem confused. A lil wishy-wasy, etc. And things like this might hinder you. Or maybe not? Etherway, I just wanna know. This mid just lead to something good.

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
the community is fun and i like playing peach, it's not like im really serious about the game anymore, and even if i could i have no means of being able to improve while in my dorm at college. but i have other fighting games to play that i can practice and get better at.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I don't need any story.

I just love competition and people that can race with me to the top while still keeping the game and character fun.

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
I'm playing this cuz it's fun. That and once I get awesome, I could visit you guys at big tournaments and stuff.
... I still wanna eat a plate size steak... ;~;

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
What can I say?

I'm a fighting game junkie. Brawl is just another game I've sold a fragment of my soul to. It's a passion of mine along with Tekken 6.

Metatitan

Smash Master
The whole aspect of competitive play is just fun, what other reason would you need? I play because competitive play is fun. If you're playing for pride then stop, play for fun. There is no point in playing a video game if you aren't having fun.

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Now that I'm finally on the computer again, I can properly address something...

Why I ask this? Cause around these boards, people ether seem to be too arrogant,cocky, etc. also lots of things just don't get done. And for this character it's ashame. By now Peach players should be just recking ****. Yet we don't. And to me it is seriously embarrassing.
I never really thought the Peach boards were arrogant or cocky, save for one certain person...

Can you tell me why you think the boards, as a whole, are arrogant/cocky?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Pretty much the same as everyone else. I have a lot of fun in this game and the community. Competition is mostly great and motivating, altough I wouldnt overdo it.

I never really thought the Peach boards were arrogant or cocky, save for one certain person...
looooool

:052:

Nicole

Smash Champion
lol, he isnt the only one.

I really like using Peach, I think she is the most fun character in the game by a longshot, and I doubt I would enjoy the game as much if she wasn't in it, or if her unique aspects were different. I enjoy using only Peach and I enjoy trying to overcome her difficult matchups and practicing against high tiers.

I like to improve at the game and I like to beat people that think they won't lose to me. I like to get hyped up as long as I feel like I deserve it (otherwise its REALLY annoying). I like being known across the country, and I think it's really cool that I now have friends scattered around the US. When everyone shows up for nationals its the most fun. So I guess I play because of the community and meeting new people as well.

I also really like doubles, I can use whatever moves I want and not worry about saving fair. Plus I hate camping and no one camps in doubles.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Can you tell me why you think the boards, as a whole, are arrogant/cocky?
This place got really cocky after the apex crap and I heard it really got ugly when I was banned. You might have missed it or not heard but yea, this place was a mess. And one of the reasons I started to dislike alot of people.

lol, he isnt the only one.

I really like using Peach, I think she is the most fun character in the game by a longshot, and I doubt I would enjoy the game as much if she wasn't in it, or if her unique aspects were different. I enjoy using only Peach and I enjoy trying to overcome her difficult matchups and practicing against high tiers.

I like to improve at the game and I like to beat people that think they won't lose to me. I like to get hyped up as long as I feel like I deserve it (otherwise its REALLY annoying). I like being known across the country, and I think it's really cool that I now have friends scattered around the US. When everyone shows up for nationals its the most fun. So I guess I play because of the community and meeting new people as well.

I also really like doubles, I can use whatever moves I want and not worry about saving fair. Plus I hate camping and no one camps in doubles.
I can relate to the hype part. In a different way. I could imagine that since are a girl and are good at a game that isd filled with males, you would get bias hype alot. And feel like it is not well earned. That can be annoying. People won't give you much credit for being you and how you play cause of this. Its all about "omg, this hawt chick is beast with Peach, best Peach in the world!!!"

The rep and fame I have can too get annoying. I stay having people asking me if I am better than *insert random Peach players here* I just tell them I seriously don't care and stop bugging me about it. Same time people wanna see me as this big target to go after and get a win off. And if they do, I never hear the end of it. or if I do bad at a tourny people just won't just up and get so coky/arrogant. it really can be annoying. Which is why when I picked this game up, it was just to beast with Peach and get a big win. I did not care for anything else.

Yet I should have known that going so would lead to fame and hype that can lead to all this annoying crap I gotta deal with. There is times I wish I was just a random. That way I don't have to deal with so much stuff. but thats what happens when you are famous or in your case, a good that is good at video games.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
This is a beautiful color.

but I'm getting better with my arrogance, right?

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I play this game because I like the competition. It just so happens brawl is the most popular game around where I live that I actually own myself. Halo/street fighter aren't possible, and don't interest me because nintendo characters are cooler.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I play (again) cause Peach is fun. I also like playing against people as good as or better than I.

Top Bottom