• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why do YOU play Sonic?

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Hi guys it's been a while anyways I play Sonic because I was playing his games since I was 5 years old and he's cool.

dark_Illusion_hokage

Smash Apprentice
Well I loved sonic games for one thing, but the main reason I play sonic is because he's low teir. When you make a snake say "S0NIC IZ BROKEN"! You feel good inside, plus I love his spring. With correct timing even a pro can get owned by a spring.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Well I loved sonic games for one thing, but the main reason I play sonic is because he's low teir. When you make a snake say "S0NIC IZ BROKEN"! You feel good inside, plus I love his spring. With correct timing even a pro can get owned by a spring.
spring kill ftw

Tenki

Smash Hero
I like how threads like this attract people who never post here.

I bet if we turned this thread into something about the metagame, everyone but regulars would stop posting XD

... Anyone?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Because it's one of those 'Post once never enter again' threads where the user doesn't need to make a intellectual contribution to the thread. They could know almost nothing about smash and still contribute something to this thread. But nothing to the boards.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Post moved to the SBR for confidential evil plotting.

mc4

Smash Journeyman
He's just in your face like a rock. I don't see why one WOULDN'T use him.
in my face like a rock as in a rock being something that gets in my face or rocks have "in your face" personalities? or in my face like a rock as in he doesn't budge (courageous etc) because um, well sonic does budge, infact he budges very fast lol...

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Because it's one of those 'Post once never enter again' threads where the user doesn't need to make a intellectual contribution to the thread. They could know almost nothing about smash and still contribute something to this thread. But nothing to the boards.
since when do we have to have all threads that have a purpose?

can't we just have a random thread once in a while?

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
We should have a pros/cons thread compiling reasons for and against maining Sonic from a technical perspective =0

I main Sonic because I'm not too slow && I liek steak =0

infomon

Smash Scientist
We should have a pros/cons thread compiling reasons for and against maining Sonic from a technical perspective =0
Some pros/cons are listed in the OP of Tenki's thread [Why Sonic Sucks- aka learn to player.]

Doesn't mean it's a bad idea to have something different, but what you're suggesting might as well happen there if there's more to be said, I guess.

I main Sonic because I'm not too slow && I liek steak =0
Excellent reasons, both. :)

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
in my face like a rock as in a rock being something that gets in my face or rocks have "in your face" personalities? or in my face like a rock as in he doesn't budge (courageous etc) because um, well sonic does budge, infact he budges very fast lol...
If you were a veteran of the Sonic boards you'd know what I was talking about.

WRITHE IN THE AGONY OF YOUR INFERIORITY!!

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
why do all these ******** threads have "you" capitalized?

it's like a clear signal of one of two things...
A.) the thread is stupid, and not worth reading
B.) the thread is useless, and not worth reading

this one happens to be a two hit combo, making a magical third option of stupidity and uselessness

this thread is the symbology of steak

... and :093 : (i'm never doing it agian)

steak hhkj'

SonicX580

Smash Lord
What's the point of this thread? all this is doing is bring random people with stupid questions for ex: "Why do you play Sonic?" everyone knows the answer so why ask? I think we should let this thread die.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
why do all these ******** threads have "you" capitalized?

it's like a clear signal of one of two things...
A.) the thread is stupid, and not worth reading
B.) the thread is useless, and not worth reading

this one happens to be a two hit combo, making a magical third option of stupidity and uselessness

this thread is the symbology of steak

... and :093 : (i'm never doing it agian)

steak hhkj'
so don't post here, no one asked you to.

it was just a simple question that takes up, what, 5 seconds of your day? if that's a problem then fine.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
this thread has been made 203946 times, and is unproductive to the board

no one asked you to make it to make the thread.

i will ask you to not make anymore threads like this and contribute to more Sonic gameplay subjects though

SamusTheHedgehog

Smash Cadet
Why do i Play as Sonic

I play as sonic for 2 reasons:

1: I am a HUGE Sonic fanboy. Heck, i even liked Sonic Next Gen and Shadow the Hedgehog.

2: I always liked using fast runners like Pikachu or Fox.

this thread has been made 203946 times, and is unproductive to the board

no one asked you to make it to make the thread.

i will ask you to not make anymore threads like this and contribute to more Sonic gameplay subjects though
Thats an extremely specific number you have there memphis. Haven't you have anything better to do with your time then to count useless threads... seeing as you've been responsible for a whopping 291034891 (yeah, the specifics) of useless threads posted on the board.

Yeah people, I'm back. Haven't posted in ages, but, I think I'll start again.

I play with Sonic cause of Ultimate Fanboyness. When he was announced, I went back and practiced Melee, despite never playing it before. I picked Fox to practice with, and became pretty good. When Brawl came out, I finally got to play with Sonic.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I play as sonic for 2 reasons:

1: I am a HUGE Sonic fanboy. Heck, i even liked Sonic Next Gen and Shadow the Hedgehog.
2: I always liked using fast runners like Pikachu or Fox.
WTF son?! I played sonic next gen, that junk so bad it makes me throw up in my mouth thinking about it...
lol, you know that you and I have both contributed and spammed about the same about. you're at the same level as I am
except I have a super cool "awesome stuff nobody does" thread...

all you have is that crummy old tourney thread...

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I play Sonic because of Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
That alone justifies my choice.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I'm just a big fan of the series from my childhood. I've drawn Sonic like a million times, wasted like over 100 hours on his stupid games. Got all 180 emblems on SAB2. So, he really is right there around being a crap character, but is that his fault? No it's that ****** Sakurai's fault. All Sonic needs is a bit more priority and killing power, and perhaps to combine sideb and downb into one move and give him something new and creative, and he's perfect.
I love how he is a really **** hard character to use too.

Top Bottom