• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why do YOU play Sonic?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I'm bored...

Here's something to chill us all out.

It's a red herring XD

Sonic is mostly limited by his low priority. MK's d-tilt in place > everything Sonic has. :(

I beat Anther's Sonic, after being down a stock, because OS was standing right there and said "dastrn: don't move and hit down tilt."

It worked. Sonic is garbage.
Past that, Sonic is pretty bad. Doesn't his dash attack go over Diddy Bananas, without picking them up. I think Prime told me that once.

Sonic definitely is a top tier character with items on. He gets the items, they work for him, and they solve his KO problem.

What does Mr. 3000 and the like do with him that is different? From what I've seen, all the "good" Sonic players do is no different than the "bad" Sonic players... the good sonic players just do it better and call their opponent on more.

It seems Sonic's entire game is based around punishment.
I think the best way to fight sonic is to throw out attacks as quickly as possible and to pretend his attacks don't exist. It works alarmingly well.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL Chis, I almost remember the False SBR's posts by heart, it's no new news to me!

But how do you quote from closed threads? I feel dumb because I know Tenki made a post somewhere and now I don't know where to find it :(

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
[*quote=Type the name of the poster here;post number <--Left click the post count on the top right bit of the message. (yours is #322). Now go to propites and copy and paste THIS BIT http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6123849&postcount=322]

Copy and paste the text/image here

There you go...

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
They just look similar and have similar properties. Besides that, they are both played totally different.
I won't deny though that I do think they could've been a bit more creative. At least their moves aren't as similar as in Melee.

I don't really feel like going into this...am I the only one that thinks Ganon isn't a clone?

:093:
I agree as well, at first when brawl came out, I couldn't realize his potential, but Ganon is actually pretty dangerous and quick for people who know what they're doing.

@ Chis: wow, thanks for sharing the idiocy with me! I never would have known about them if you didn't show them! :D

This one's my favourite:
I think the best way to fight sonic is to throw out attacks as quickly as possible and to pretend his attacks don't exist. It works alarmingly well.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Good grief, I posted exactly what you had Chis, minus the asterik (*) and it still isn't going through, is there something else I am missing?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh I see now, thanks a bunch Chis... but now with that said, I was able to still edit the content inside the quote... so does that mean that I will still have to copy and paste the original text from the person and paste it inbetween the brackest so people can see it without having to visit the actual post provided by the link, or is there (still...?!?) some extra work that I am not sparing myself of?

Either way, it still helps ot be able to post quotes from dead threads.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
You need to copy and paste it. That's all, but edit it for fun if you wish.

:bee:Hello there and thank you for entering my first topic. I've joined because I want to become a better fighting and share my opinions with people that share a common interest with me. I'm sure you'll make me feel welcomed.

Illomatic

Smash Apprentice
im a huge fan of the franchise, he is one of my favorite game characters
though im not a complete expert with him, he isnt my main...but i love playing with him
so i usually play with him for fun

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You, I mean I'm not mad or anything but I want to know why you made that kind of post.

And Thanks.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's interesting how many random people actually lurk our boards.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
EDIT: IGNORE.

Stupid computer...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
We understand. Sonic boards are the place to be.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
We refuge those not as fortunate enough to have a such steak filled board like we do.

Shooz

Smash Rookie
My history with Sonic is long and memorable.
His play style as a character is really interesting and challenging,
And there's nothing more satisfying than listening to your opponent whine about how they can never seem to land a combo on you.
He's like a walking C-C-COMBO BREAKER.
I think there's a huge potential in Sonic.. and although he might never be Top-tier (though it'd be nice)
He at least deserves a little respect.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
My history with Sonic is long and memorable.
His play style as a character is really interesting and challenging,
And there's nothing more satisfying than listening to your opponent whine about how they can never seem to land a combo on you.
He's like a walking C-C-COMBO BREAKER.
I think there's a huge potential in Sonic.. and although he might never be Top-tier (though it'd be nice)
He at least deserves a little respect.
hellz yeah, you said it.

I like this one, can we keep him?

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I still remembering playing Sonic on the Gamegear....

:093: :093:
omg! me too!!

that was my first sonic experience!

(contrary to popular belief, I actually never owned a genesis till later. I was a mario fan first, but not rabid, but when I first experienced sonic...it all just clicked and I knew who I liked more)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The people who lurk these boards/play Sonic are amazing.

No Haunter, because I really mean that.

Top Bottom