• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why do YOU play Sonic?

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
he Needed More Colour. Honestly, I Get Tired Of Him Just Being Blue The Whole Time, On Blue Final Destination.... And All His Alt Colours Are Just Blue With Coloured Wristbands :(
You Just Wanted Shadow Alt. In Brawl.

Burn Him

@ Kinzer: well then i fake combo'ed it.

and then real came.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I dun get it Infzy, wat did i miss?

I need to get it into my muscle memory to start posting Haunter after every post.

:093:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
even before he quit, (which i didnt even hear about) he switched mains to shiek.

oh

and

one more thing

you know how I got insider info in the SBR right?

well I just want yall to know that Sonic WILL NOT be moving up THAT MUCH higher in the tier list, maybe about 3 spots higher than he is now. This is what im getting from my sources
You know, this is the kind of stuff that get's people kicked out of the SBR so I wouldn't recommend posting it.

Ever.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's not finalized though, so it can't be all that bad... right...?

Oh ****, Hylian, open up the thread, once Jesiah gets a load of this, there is going to be problems again.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Watch, I bet you now Sonic is gonna stay right where he is because of this...

Oh well, remember guys, tiers are for queers, no matter what happens, we gotta stick together...

...No seriously, we're probably going to need to after a few hours pass by...

Let me tell you right now, a tier list does not reflect you personally, so we can stand it even if Sonic gets sent further down, it's not worth it to lose a brother...

Browny

Smash Hater
rofl at tiers being so super secretive omg

Dont tell the scrubs PT is high tier or the world will plugne into chaos

SonicX580

Smash Lord
You know guys I just learned something very important the tiers(fail), MK, and those other characters are just a state of mind it takes true mentality to win.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'd like to know too (about the SBR), since I'm generally an advocate for more transparency.

But I'd be sympathetic if it's for something like, the number of PMs they'd all get for saying anything bad about ppls' favourite characters, in such a discussion.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I'd like to know too (about the SBR), since I'm generally an advocate for more transparency.

But I'd be sympathetic if it's for something like, the number of PMs they'd all get for saying anything bad about ppls' favourite characters, in such a discussion.
True but considering they will eventually release one anyway it would be nice to know something.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Why do people care about the tier list? because it doesn't matter really because it's more like a popularity contest people that use low tier characters beat high tier characters in tournaments so why does people care?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Anyone think Falcon could leave the last spot?

I think he has more potential than Jiggs >_>
Falcon should be SECOND from bottom. Than Ganon right above IMO

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Anyone think Falcon could leave the last spot?

I think he has more potential than Jiggs >_>
Falcon should be SECOND from bottom. Than Ganon right above IMO

Your right Ganon is just a ditto of Captain Falcon but slower so yeah Falcon should be a higher tier than Ganon.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Your right Ganon is just a ditto of Captain Falcon but slower so yeah Falcon should be a higher tier than Ganon.
Totally misread my post.

I said Ganon should be ABOVE Falcon. As in third worst, and Falcon second worst. Ganon isn't a Falcon clone, just some of his moves LOOK similar. Especially from the change to Brawl a lot of his moves got even more alterations than from Melee. His SideB alone makes him better than Falcon imo.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I beat Anther's Sonic, after being down a stock, because OS was standing right there and said "dastrn: don't move and hit down tilt."

It worked. Sonic is garbage.
Past that, Sonic is pretty bad. Doesn't his dash attack go over Diddy Bananas, without picking them up. I think Prime told me that once.
Good times.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol Chis is having SBR fun.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Totally misread my post.

I said Ganon should be ABOVE Falcon. As in third worst, and Falcon second worst. Ganon isn't a Falcon clone, just some of his moves LOOK similar. Especially from the change to Brawl a lot of his moves got even more alterations than from Melee. His SideB alone makes him better than Falcon imo.

Oh yeah I misread it my bad but no Ganon is a slow Falcon at least Falcon has speed all Ganon has is slow moves not to much speed and he is heavy so no I don't agree.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh yeah I misread it my bad but no Ganon is a slow Falcon at least Falcon has speed all Ganon has is slow moves not to much speed and he is heavy so no I don't agree.
Ganon is faster than you think. A good Ganon can auto cancel Dairs (which is an amazing and powerful move) All of his moves are incredibly strong and his dash attack is actually a reliant kill move. Being heavy isn't exactly a bad thing either...it keeps him alive longer.

And his SideB can lead to awesome tech chases leading to crazy damage. He plays like Sonic in a way, but instead of with combos, he just smacks you and you do from 3 misteaks.

Ganon is not a Falcon clone.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Tiers are a measurement on their performance in the competitive environment. The higher they are, the better you're chances of winning a tournament with them.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Ganon is faster than you think. A good Ganon can auto cancel Dairs (which is an amazing and powerful move) All of his moves are incredibly strong and his dash attack is actually a reliant kill move. Being heavy isn't exactly a bad thing either...it keeps him alive longer.

And his SideB can lead to awesome tech chases leading to crazy damage. He plays like Sonic in a way, but instead of with combos, he just smacks you and you do from 3 misteaks.

Ganon is not a Falcon clone.

Oh Come On! his down-b is like his falcon kick but it gives you a dark aura instead of flames same with his netural b and his up-b.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
They just look similar and have similar properties. Besides that, they are both played totally different.
I won't deny though that I do think they could've been a bit more creative. At least their moves aren't as similar as in Melee.

I don't really feel like going into this...am I the only one that thinks Ganon isn't a clone?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
No its potential.
hence why Fox is top of everyone in melee even though Marth and Falco outperform him.
It's tournaments. Everyone in Melee has just about reached there potential. What determines how good their max potential is, is their tourney results. That's why Marth is now joint top with Fox.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Don't be dissin' puff, she's good for real. No one in the low tier is truly terrible. Every characters has exploitable qualities. Puff has high priority AND aerial mobility. Couple with a good punishing move (rest) and a great off stage game. Take no character as a joke.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
They just look similar and have similar properties. Besides that, they are both played totally different.
I won't deny though that I do think they could've been a bit more creative. At least their moves aren't as similar as in Melee.

I don't really feel like going into this...am I the only one that thinks Ganon isn't a clone?

I agree with you

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
It's tournaments. Everyone in Melee has just about reached there potential. What determines how good their max potential is, is their tourney results. That's why Marth is now joint top with Fox.
Tournaments are the results that aid in supporting how well a character is performing. It is a sttrong factor but not the end of it which is why while Marth may dominate 50 of the tournaments and Fox is all the way in third they end up sharing that spot 9though last I saw Fox was higher up by .1 or so).

Otherwise Fox would have fallen.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
marth is the best character in the game, potential has nothing to do with it at this point all the potetial has been reallised, and marth is the better chracter.

Shadowlink: being silly since Sept. 2005

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Not me. I'm a lone Sonic. :sonic: and i kick butt...
That's how you do it, Sonic power!

Why do people care about the tier list? because it doesn't matter really because it's more like a popularity contest people that use low tier characters beat high tier characters in tournaments so why does people care?
Because there are queers in the world, that's why.

lol Chis is having SBR fun.

Yezs.

Tiers are a measurement of how good a character is overall. their potential so to speak. popularity has nothing to do with it.
This.

Also Camal I know as well as you do clones don't exits in Barlw.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Buh wolf is jus liek fox an falco i sware

Top Bottom