• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why do YOU play Sonic?

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I've always loved Sonic. Ever since I was younger and growing older. From video games to the cartoon everyday. I just loved it. Used to have my parents tape it for me when it was on as I went to school. haha. I miss being 6. =/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I never have gotten far enough into the game to unlock some of the stuff... how bad are the multi-player games Infzy?

Also S&tSR is a good game to follow for lore, but I hate the controls of the game and the difficulty on some of the missions.

Edit: Oh wow, that reminds me of the time I made my mother record some of the episodes from the AoStH marathon on Toon Disney a few years back, I think it was referred to as the Sonic Hogathon or something.

Either way, good times.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Secret Rings had bad minigames.

The game was also meh.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic was too slow. He moved forward FOR you, and if you messed up, you lost ALL momentum, and it took you at least another solid minute to get back on track at decent pace, just to run into a vase or something. Plot was weak too. Controls were pretty junky, and I honestly thought it had the worst Sonic theme song to date >_>

This is all IMHO

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yeah I didn't exactly like Seven Rings in Hand... it's okay, Sonic music is great you can't deny, but blergh...

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Sonic was too slow. He moved forward FOR you, and if you messed up, you lost ALL momentum, and it took you at least another solid minute to get back on track at decent pace, just to run into a vase or something. Plot was weak too. Controls were pretty junky, and I honestly thought it had the worst Sonic theme song to date >_>

This is all IMHO

agree with you on the song, wasn't the best (at least it's better than the crap they have for black knight, moar leik "knight that breaks wind" amirite?)

Sonic became faster as you got skills, so what if he moves forward for you? playing sonic games doesn't take much skill (and this actually adds another layer of difficulty tot he game), again skills can make you accelerate faster if you hit something and lose your momentum, plot in a sonic game? LOL, and controls you could say were junky, it all depends on how much punishment you can take from them/if it just clicks for you.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Lol, good point on the plot.

Genesis was all about platforming, like Super Mario bros. but faster.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic became faster as you got skills, so what if he moves forward for you? playing sonic games doesn't take much skill (and this actually adds another layer of difficulty tot he game), again skills can make you accelerate faster if you hit something and lose your momentum, plot in a sonic game? LOL, and controls you could say were junky, it all depends on how much punishment you can take from them/if it just clicks for you.
Hey, Sonic Adventure and Adventure 2 had a pretty well thought out plot man, everything went downhill from there.

As for the "getting skills" I didn't want to play through the pain long enough to get that. And since Sonic moved forward FOR YOU, it meant it was harder and gave it bad control. Speed + Bad control + more difficulty = Hell no, I ain't playin this. And when you got punished, you got punished HARD. You lost ALL SPEED, ALL MOMENTUM, and took FOREVER to start moving again. So not worth playing.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Sonic Adventure and Adventure 2 had a pretty well thought out plot man, everything went downhill from there.

As for the "getting skills" I didn't want to play through the pain long enough to get that. And since Sonic moved forward FOR YOU, it meant it was harder and gave it bad control. Speed + Bad control + more difficulty = Hell no, I ain't playin this. And when you got punished, you got punished HARD. You lost ALL SPEED, ALL MOMENTUM, and took FOREVER to start moving again. So not worth playing.

I guess everyone has their own opinions...

:S

I still think the only REALLY bad sonic game out there was sonic 06' every other one was playable and still fun.

and now with unleashed, sonic has returned to glory (at least in my eyes, and minus the weref@g)

jesus sega, you f**k up sonic in the black knight or whatever comes next, and I WILL castrate you.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You're lucky you guys agreed, or I'd explode after reading the last few posts.

Oh, and I enjoyed Sonic Nex-Gen.
mmhmm.

You know what sucks the hardest?
Sonic Labyrinth.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURGH!!

Had to throw up a lung just to say the name.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
It bothers me that Unleashed doesn't have spin charge.

That first annoyed me in heroes, that they took away spincharge for dumb rocket boost. I still think Spincharge is Sonic's most iconic move, even if it only appeared starting Sonic 2.

Sonic heroes also annoyed me because Sonic didn't run with his armsstretched pointing backwards like usual, or at least in the chamber position of some of his games.

But I loved some of the level design in Heroes.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Heroes was okay, I didn't really like the Team Chaotic stages though... some of the missions where like "what the Hell do I have to do again?"

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
It bothers me that Unleashed doesn't have spin charge.

That first annoyed me in heroes, that they took away spincharge for dumb rocket boost. I still think Spincharge is Sonic's most iconic move, even if it only appeared starting Sonic 2.

Sonic heroes also annoyed me because Sonic didn't run with his armsstretched pointing backwards like usual, or at least in the chamber position of some of his games.

But I loved some of the level design in Heroes.
it actually technically does have spincharge. When you Sonic boost on the ground, he rolls into a spincharge.

and yeah, chaotix missions in heroes = NO. NO MORE "LOOK FOR ****" MISSIONS

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Yeah also here is a little something I found out about unleashed (review) http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id321416 enjoy.
yeha, in case you haven't noticed, when people review a game with "sonic" in it's name nowadays it automatically receives a score of 5/10 or lower.

people just complain too much about his games when other games that f**k up way worse are given higher scores.

my worst qualm is when people say, OMG SONIC ISN'T RUNNING FAST ALL TEH TEIMES. it's like, yeah, okay, sonic is supposed to run fast BUT that doesn't mean he never ever talks to people or slows down!! they criticize the game when it goes into hub worlds and sonic is forced to =gasp= TALK to people?! excuse me, mario talks to people and you give his games a friggin' 9/10. (of course the werehog WAS a mistake in my opinion, but nowhere nears as huge of a mistake as "Shadow with guns" actually...just Shadow in general was a mistake)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL at Sonic getting it on with Amy.

It won't happen.

It's all about Speed!

/silly

SonicX580

Smash Lord
yeha, in case you haven't noticed, when people review a game with "sonic" in it's name nowadays it automatically receives a score of 5/10 or lower.

people just complain too much about his games when other games that f**k up way worse are given higher scores.

my worst qualm is when people say, OMG SONIC ISN'T RUNNING FAST ALL TEH TEIMES. it's like, yeah, okay, sonic is supposed to run fast BUT that doesn't mean he never ever talks to people or slows down!! they criticize the game when it goes into hub worlds and sonic is forced to =gasp= TALK to people?! excuse me, mario talks to people and you give his games a friggin' 9/10. (of course the werehog WAS a mistake in my opinion, but nowhere nears as huge of a mistake as "Shadow with guns" actually...just Shadow in general was a mistake)
I agree with you on some points espically on the gun (shadow) and talking (mario) but the werehog looks good to me but there is 1 part I don't like about it well they lack the ablity to change whenever they want to that's what bugs me.

Napilopez

Smash Lord

I must disagree. Shadow is IMO the only truly worthy playable character addition since knuckles. He was cool in SA2. Never as cool in Sonic, but he did say one of my favorite lines ever: "Ha! You're not even good enough to be my fake!"

Well I don't mind Amy, but she's mostly just in the story for comic relief.

Shadow actually provided a good and relatively deep storyline for SA2. But then things got out of hand...

SonicX580

Smash Lord
I must disagree. Shadow is IMO the only truly worthy playable character addition since knuckles. He was cool in SA2. Never as cool in Sonic, but he did say one of my favorite lines ever: "Ha! You're not even good enough to be my fake!"

Well I don't mind Amy, but she's mostly just in the story for comic relief.

Shadow actually provided a good and relatively deep storyline for SA2. But then things got out of hand...
You're right about Shadow he is good but they need to focus more on his speed but his weapons are 50-50 at best expect for weapons like his boozka.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Super Mario Galaxy ripped of the gravity idea from crazy gadget and mad space.

Discuss//

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Shadow is awesome.
Shadow the game, not so much.
Both Sonic Adventures rock.
Sonic Unleashed is the best Sonic game in a very long time and IGN just have a **** up their ***.
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles will always be the best Sonic game evar.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You mean Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
Which is one of the best, but Sonic 3 is still numbah one.
Sonic CD was good, but not great imo. The time traveling was confusing :/

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
You mean Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
Which is one of the best, but Sonic 3 is still numbah one.
Sonic CD was good, but not great imo. The time traveling was confusing :/

Sonic CD is my favourite Sonic game.

Unleashed is third because of the werehog.

second is Adventure 1 and Adventure 2 is fourth.

I don't like shadow, I will never like shadow, he was a mistake, a Sonic recolour.

not saying he wasn't fun to play as since he played like sonic, his design and backstory are what I don't like, too corny.

EDIT: Isn't sonic the werehog...just sonic?

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Yeah I didn't get unleashed yet so when I found out I was like wtf but Chip is goofy we all agree on that right?

EDIT: I think that Darkspine and Werehog are forced transformations agreed?

Top Bottom