• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you play MK?

T-Link

Smash Apprentice
Do you play because he's easy to master? or he's your favorite character? I just wanna know why so many people play him.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
he's top tier, that's the biggest reason a majority of the smashers use the top 5 characters in the game

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm a huge Kirby fan, and Meta Knight has always been my favorite character from the games, because of how he acts and the personality he portrays. I also tend to like characters who are really just on their own side, not specifically good or evil, which is the air Meta Knight always gives off.

Since the days of Smash 64, I said if Meta Knight was ever in a Smash game, I'd use him. When I saw the E3 video that showed him as a newcomer for Brawl, I knew I'd main him instantly. I knew it before I saw it, in fact. I just love the character. The fact that he's freaking built for Smash is just a bonus to me. :)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I've been waiting for him to be in Smash Bros. for a long time, and I'm a huge Kirby fan.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Metaknight's been my favorite Nintendo Character since Kirby Super star, so I flipped when i heard he was in brawl. He just happened to be Top Tier XD.

Smasha

Smash Rookie
He is very cool, and love his attack speed. Just knew that i will play him when brawl releases:)

regorris

Smash Apprentice
He's freakin' sexy
I concur!

I just love his aesthetic. What's not to like for a Kirby franchise fan?

<off_topic>
I kinda hate the fact that he's so popular now... just because he's good. It reminds me of Falco, or heck, Marth in the last game. Name one S.O.B. that would play either of those characters if they weren't so dang good.
</off_topic>

DFEAR

Smash Hero
metaknight plays me?

he chose me lol

iv been searching for characters that match my style of gameplay and how easy and fast it comes to me to use them.

first i was luigi and bowser back in melee but now in brawl they seemd to got nerfd except lugii he got better but im not used to his super floatiness now lol

then i tried ike but hell ppl gimp him easy, then olimar same reason.
then i randomly chose metaknight and started to actually progress unlike the other characters learnin to gimp pro, the flyin, the ats everything he just blended with me.

then dk came and now im usin them both =D

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I am an aggressive player, and this seems to work best with MK. I enjoy attacking so he is one of my only paths.

Shuttle Loop is great fun offstage too.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I've been wanting him to be in Smash, and when he was announced I instantly decided I'd main him, and lucky me he just happens to be top tier.

Xavi

Smash Cadet
I'm a huge Kirby fan, and Meta Knight has always been my favorite character from the games, because of how he acts and the personality he portrays. I also tend to like characters who are really just on their own side, not specifically good or evil, which is the air Meta Knight always gives off.

Since the days of Smash 64, I said if Meta Knight was ever in a Smash game, I'd use him. When I saw the E3 video that showed him as a newcomer for Brawl, I knew I'd main him instantly. I knew it before I saw it, in fact. I just love the character. The fact that he's freaking built for Smash is just a bonus to me. :)
What he said. But I use toon link more often nowadays...

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
He's my favorite Nintendo character. And like the quote below me, as soon as he was introduced, I knew I'd main him.

I've been wanting him to be in Smash, and when he was announced I instantly decided I'd main him, and lucky me he just happens to be top tier.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
1) Huge fan of the Kirby franchise, always liked his personality
2) Fell in love with his airgame which seems to have been ripped from Samus & Sheik(used them in Melee)
3) I guess the fact that he's top-tier was sorta an after-effect of maining him.
4) Who the hell needs projectiles for a decent character?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
mk is too good. he feels like a melee marth and is just 10x better then everything. hes also cool. idk if hes my second or official main cuz ive been using snake since japan release and love both mgs n kirby nightmare in dreamland

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
He's the only character "imo" that can be played VERY aggresivly....

Oh yeah.... He also has the Pink/Purple colors =O

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Because I remember thinking how awesome he was when I played Kirby's Superstar back in the day. When I saw the first brawl preview and it had him in it, I already knew my main. Just turns out he was broken, lol.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I was a big fan for Meta Knight during the kirby franchise. When I first tried him, when the game recently came out, I thought that his recovery was bad and that he was easy to KO because of lightness, only to find out 3 months later about how good he really was...

TKD

Smash Lord
I saw one of M2K's matches and I just HAD to play MK. I don't main or 2nd MK in tournies though. It's BORING to KO, for example, D3 with MK. But MK is SO, MUCH FUN. Fun + top tier = overused

EDIT:

He can grab better than anyone overall.
WHAT..... D=

I'll just act like nothing's wrong and as if Kirby's grab range isn't broken (It fV<k!ng -IS-, though).

Storer

Smash Rookie
As soon as I played as MK I thought "wow". I also love the overall look and style of him.

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Also I saw MK in a dream. Dressed like Babe Ruth. And he told me to climb that fence. To get my baseball back. Because heroes get remembered but legends never die.

the-real-dan0

Smash Rookie
he looked cool in the pre release trailers so first time i played the game i went straight for him and loved the speed and jumping capability

Dojo

Smash Champion
Saw the e3 trailer. Looked like he had combo possibility with quick attacks. Said **** it, lets do it. Pick him up. Found out he was god tier.

Loved it. >=]

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
i was tired of pit flying around me when i was a noob and still using ike. one day i snapped and chose metaknight, been my guy ever since.

MK is also a very cool character

Browny

Smash Hater
i play MK because he teaches campers painful lessons. Ledge camping dsmash spamming ROBs may beat most of my mains, but they cant beat MK lol

Chwdr

Smash Rookie
Well, it all started out when I was a wee lad. I was about seven years of age when I began playing Kirby's Adventure for the NES. (Because The Legend of Zelda was just too hard of a game for me back then. :laugh:) I loved that game. Flying around, copying enemies abilities, and battling giant trees along with an overweight penguin with an enormous hammer was just plain fun.

I still remember the day that I first wanted to play MK as well. I had gotten off of school and fired up my NES like I did every other day. The previous night before, I had made my way through the majority of Level 6: The Orange Ocean. I was so excited when I finally got to the boss of that level, some of the other stages made me want to rip my eyeballs out. What was I going to fight this time? After already slaying the aforementioned, a deranged painter, the sun and the moon, a cloud with an eyeball, and a machine that had the ability to rip through the earth like nothing, I was feeling like quite the adventurer. But something was different this time around. Since when do my enemies PROVIDE me with weaponry? This can't be good. And as I took that sword out from the ground, this complete bad *** WITH A CAPE jumps down and starts swinging his blade around like nothing. He was nairing, doing TL's Dair, and DASH DANCING. This guy was a beast. And after about 30 minutes of epic sword battling, I finally beat him, only to reveal a blue version of me underneath that mask that reminded me Vega from SF. From that point in time, I told myself that if I EVER had the chance to play as him in ANY game, I would. I stuck true to my word. ;)

World of Darkness

Smash Rookie
i like to use him in 1v1 matches because he is fast and has very little lag. But i ike to use ike in FFA's and team battles because ike is good against multiple opponents

Top Bottom