• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you play MK?

Vall3y

Smash Lord
reason number one: because everyone plays him!
reason number two: hes good and easy

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
i play he is the easiest character to win with and he is top tier, and therfore is INSTAWIN

selendrile

Smash Apprentice
I've always been stubborn and picked characters that were cool which caused me to lose alot at games. This time around I decided to be more competitive and pick a character that's good.

SHDWXMB

Smash Rookie
i play meta knight cuz he looks cool and i like finishing off my opponents fast:chuckle:

J-Money

Smash Apprentice
his laser is the best projectile in the game. And he has the staying power of an elephant

ckm

Smash Journeyman
who cares? honestly, not to be a **** but we have enough threads about this stuff. lets talk about things that will make us better mk players, and not discuss stuff like this. these forums are filled with too much garbage, seriously.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
I played Kirby in 64 and I grew very fond of him - his playstyle, appearance, even his (lack of?) "personality" - even though I never played much of the Kirby games. When I saw pics of MK prior to Brawl's release, my jaw dropped and I was like, "the only way Kirby could be any cooler is if he was that...." Then I read about him as a character, and I knew who I was maining.

NinjaLAW1234

Smash Cadet
When I knew mk was in the game I called him like a year in advance and the fact that he's way too good is just icing on the cake

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Because I won with him in finals when I was going all random for the tourney :D

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
Because he's the cheapest/most overpowered character in the game.

Thisisz

Smash Rookie
He's got nearly everything I like in characters
agile, fast moving, quick attacks, mysterious/dark/cunning

too bad he's popular and easy to abuse

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
other reason.

kirby was given the gift to roundhouse kick from chuck norris.

so its fun to punish with MK with the 0 lag after a side step dodge.

his tilts are amazing.

and i still think snake is higher teir then MK but MK is DEFFINITLY #2. not #1

besides..... why doesnt anyone realize its all about dr. mario in brawl?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i think mk and snake are about the same level

snake has a small advantage vs mk about 55:45

but currently i think mk is better overall because he has a better matchup vs falco ddd and rob, 3 very common characters in tourneys. I think snake is slightly better in teams. Anyway, that's why.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Because he's the cheapest/most overpowered character in the game.
Snake's U-tilt, F-tilt, and Jab Combo all say Hi.

because he's the only openly gay character in the game
Obvious trolls are obvious.

I started playing MK after watching my friends do MK mirrors all the time. I liked his speed, his amazing recovery, and his excellent gimping ability.

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
Snake's U-tilt, F-tilt, and Jab Combo all say Hi.
That's why Snake is my secondary. But MK is better overall, just as M2K suggested.

Perhaps fellow MK mains would do better to admit that their own character is cheap.

Asphyxia

Smash Rookie
I mained Roy in Melee, and I don't like Ike, so I needed a random character to go to. It just so happened that Meta knight had a play style that I loved, so I chose him.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
once metaknight was announced i knew i was gonna play him. i get so much crap where i play for playin him too. so if i win i lose.

i do understand how annoying a mk can be but people need to get over it and just learn how to get around it as hard as it may seem

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
i think mk and snake are about the same level

snake has a small advantage vs mk about 55:45

but currently i think mk is better overall because he has a better matchup vs falco ddd and rob, 3 very common characters in tourneys. I think snake is slightly better in teams. Anyway, that's why.
MK has a disadvantage!?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Cause he's the most ****ing broken character ever made in smash games and when I use him on rainbow cruise it makes people john so its all good

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I started using him lately. I promised I wouldn't, but I want to win more easily. I shouldn't have to worry about losing to people that aren't better than me just because they use a better character. Why not choose the best? <_<

subzerosmokerain

Smash Rookie
I always thought he was cool looking from when he was first confirmed, when I saw that vid. I said., "that's him, that's who i'm maining". I never knew he would be the most popularly used character.

I also like he's from Kirby. Also, having speedy attacks also helped that, since my mains are all quick guys.

Onendev

Smash Rookie
My prediction is that 90% of the people who didn't say "cause hes good" are lying (to some extent).

I love how people say "he fits my playstyle", yet their previous mains have a completely different playstyle. Also love how people "knew" they were going to main him before the game came out. Honestly? All these people magically knew that they would like how he plays before the game was released?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
My prediction is that 90% of the people who didn't say "cause hes good" are lying (to some extent).

I love how people say "he fits my playstyle", yet their previous mains have a completely different playstyle. Also love how people "knew" they were going to main him before the game came out. Honestly? All these people magically knew that they would like how he plays before the game was released?
I wanted to main Pit and MK before the game was released :3 it's called they looked cool, and I remember MK from the Kirby games, and he was kick *** then, and Pit was just cool because he could fly :o

I then mained MK because Pit was to confusing in my nooby days....then I suddenly decided to change from MK to Pit (won't say why because I don't want any flame wars :|)

Master Raven

Smash Master

Or maybe they just like the character like I do.

GASP.

msott47

Smash Rookie
I play as him because he is my favorite character in kirby and + i really like his move set. Meta knight is not as easy to master as they say he is. I mean its like me going and saying that mario is easy to master.

Top Bottom