• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you play as Bowser, be it main or secondary?

Thossos

Smash Cadet
I main Bowser because of his epic combos
and the soon-to-be-discovered infinite fortressing
where every hit kills

Popertop

Smash Champion
Because he's a badass.

I fukkin love Bowser as a character.
I'm gonna name my dog Bowser.
Or my cat, whichever I get first and is more Bowser-esque.

He deserves to be even more **** in the next smash.

the0person0of03

Smash Rookie
My reason is to tell the community,"HEY, I'm a versatile PLAYA:p!!!"
Then I fight...

Anyway, he is good, hard to get off the stage, has some S-M-E-X-Y aerials, is an awesome Mario character, CRAWL!!!!, and is a friggin fire breathing turtle with a nice butt (slam)!!!!

BTW, He's my main.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I never thought about it, I was trying to think of another character to play, that none of my friends play, that is actually good, it never dawned on me, Bowser.
I might have a new sub main.

Popertop

Smash Champion
He has the most badass, **** you playstyle out of everyone in Brawl.
each of his attacks look amazing like he's throwing his whole body into each one, like each one is gonna **** you up and kill you and ****.
I just feel so amazing when I land an Fsmash. 34% uncharged, kill at 90%? Yes sir.

Veggi

Smash Champion
A lot of people think Bowser is bad because he's so big. When it actually isn't hard to win with him, plus he's a turtle with spikes and fire and claws and cool looking spikey bracelet things.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Hm... I have more than one reason. I think this list should contain most possible reasons:

- Because he's (one of) my favorite Mario/Nintendo character(s).

- Because I like his style of playing.

- Because I just picked him randomly and fell in love with him.

- Because he looks hawt.

- Because he's NOT a high/top tier character.

- Because of Bowserciding.

- Because Bowser isn't a commonly used character anymore.

- for the lulz

I'd have to say... it's every one of the reasons above, excluding randomly picking him and "for the lulz".

PS: Isn't there a way to make a poll here?

all of the above for me :p

Popertop

Smash Champion
One time Bowser Fsmashed Chuck Norris and the Universe restarted.

Only to explode forty five seconds later.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I know for a fact that Bowser hates Chuck Norris jokes more than he hates plumbers, and he will go into homicidal fits of dragon rage if he even catches you starting one. Well, I wish.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I hate playing as bowser in 4 player free for alls because you get tossed around and you are a big target, but in a 1 on 1 fight he's a character I go to very often, because he can deal massive damage very quickly and knock people off, and he also has my favorite tilt attack in the game. I main Mario and Bowser is usually my second guy.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I hate playing as bowser in 4 player free for alls because you get tossed around and you are a big target, but in a 1 on 1 fight he's a character I go to very often, because he can deal massive damage very quickly and knock people off, and he also has my favorite tilt attack in the game. I main Mario and Bowser is usually my second guy.
yeah, never play FFA with bowser, its ********, no matter who you are playing with they all form an alliance against you and will infinitely juggle you in the air......screw ffa

NRD4toonlink

Smash Cadet
I go with bowser for bowser suicide :p I luv to kill my opponent first then just camp at the edges and Side-B. I luls, i pulled it off only one but bleh, it tried. I main Weegee, so i surprise people when i come out with a heavy character because some ppl would bring out a zelda on me even though i can fight one pretty well but lose whe its last life past 110. Good times.

Also, bowser is just cool. He kidnaps ladies and treats them righ :3 Plus he has so many sons and people to fight for him. Even though he isnt as cool as weegee though.

Shade487z

Smash Cadet
Why do I main Bowser?

I had a friend who used to be my biggest rival. We would play matches practically every day and it would always go 50/50. I'd win, he'd win, he'd win two, I'd win two...you get the idea. So we used to have items in these matches (we actually thought they could be used in serious matches lol). We had this one match that's practically burned into my memory. It was my Link vs his Sonic on Castle Siege. I lost my first stock by hitting the A button instead of B and I SD'd, then I lost my second stock by having an Electrode thrown at me. My defeat came by the luckiest item combination there is: I got hit by a Dragoon while caught in a Starmie blast. It was terribly humiliating...I didn't get a single life off of him!

I was so furious, only one thought came across my mind: BOWSER. Which is weird, because I'd never used him before in Brawl. So I picked him and fought his Sonic again on Lylat Cruise and 3 stocked HIM. Oh, and I think items might have been off, too. ^_^

So yeah, the rest is history.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Why do I main Bowser?

I had a friend who used to be my biggest rival. We would play matches practically every day and it would always go 50/50. I'd win, he'd win, he'd win two, I'd win two...you get the idea. So we used to have items in these matches (we actually thought they could be used in serious matches lol). We had this one match that's practically burned into my memory. It was my Link vs his Sonic on Castle Siege. I lost my first stock by hitting the A button instead of B and I SD'd, then I lost my second stock by having an Electrode thrown at me. My defeat came by the luckiest item combination there is: I got hit by a Dragoon while caught in a Starmie blast. It was terribly humiliating...I didn't get a single life off of him!

I was so furious, only one thought came across my mind: BOWSER. Which is weird, because I'd never used him before in Brawl. So I picked him and fought his Sonic again on Lylat Cruise and 3 stocked HIM. Oh, and I think items might have been off, too. ^_^

So yeah, the rest is history.
Haha Boozer makes history!

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I just started playing Bowser yesterday
In fact, for the reasons that the original poster said he DIDN'T say made him play Bowser...
1. Randomly picked and fell in love with
2. For the lulz

And yeah...
He's got good aerials and ... ok maybe I just play against bad players but down-B owns.

wildjango

Smash Cadet
i main him cuz hes the sexiest character in the whole game!!! i also use him cuz i luv the heavy weights and use em all.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Because it's satisfying when you play against someone and they THINK Bowser sucks. You'll get things like "Oh Bowser is huge, makes for easy comboing" so when they play you, and you don't make it easy for them it's always fun. :D

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
because of how he runs :3

also because he's just so god**** fun to play

Phantom287

Smash Rookie
Because it's satisfying when you play against someone and they THINK Bowser sucks. You'll get things like "Oh Bowser is huge, makes for easy comboing" so when they play you, and you don't make it easy for them it's always fun. :D
This, and all the other reasons mentioned, but mostly this. I faught a guy from a brawl clan who picked Marth when I picked Bowser. Before the battle even began, he thought he had it won, only to receive a serious beating from my Bowser and a nice Bowsercide to finish the match in style.

I can't remember his exact words after the match, but they were along the lines of 'I thought I had that match won. I can't believe I lost to Bowser.' He was a sport about it, but I think I dented his ego a bit. I believe he'll think twice before underestimating Bowser ever again.

I'd have to say that that's one of the most satisfying things about Bowser; winning with him when no one ever expects you to.

Top Bottom