• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you play as Bowser, be it main or secondary?

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
For some reason he is by best character,maybe its because I play alot of wifi!

WeeGeeSmash

Smash Apprentice
I use Bowser as a main. because he's such a powerhouse in Brawl, With his fast attacks and moves, he can prove to be a great fighter. I didn't use him as a main in Melee, But in Brawl, he's more faster.

DragE

Smash Rookie
His side taunt in Brawl is really what got me started on him. X) lol
His all around Koopa-awesomeness made him grow on me.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I used Bowser for a month when the game first came out, but I dropped him thinking he wasn't good enough and mainly because I needed to focus on one character. Since I have a good handle on the game mechanics now and already have a solid main, I'm working on Bowser as a serious secondary. There's no way I'd main him (I don't like his bad matchups) but I will be using him when the matchup is favorable or to throw people off - also it's freakin FUN to beat people with Bowser, they get real mad for some reason thinking he should be bad. His moves are real fun and it's SOOOO satisfying punishing with him, and for once it's nice to live longer than Snake.

Also, Bowser is the icon of smashboards. Win.

Also, Bowser fits my style PERFECTLY. Bait, predict and punish. This is how I play with Peach and I find it works great for Bowser as well. Spacing mind games are good with him ( I will flame breath for just one hit as an edgeguard, they will smash DI towards me expecting to punish but since I spaced it right they will eat an up tilt :D So fun.

Magmortar75

Smash Rookie
I mainly play Bowser because he just happens to be my favorite game character ever. I've used the guy since Marth 9th.

Jeremy Smith

Smash Apprentice
i dont honestly main or secondary him but i like to play him alot and im looking to start improving my skills with him because hes just bad ***, i really enjoy his moves. I used to just spam bowsercide but ive learned a few more moves(haha) and hes jsut a lot of fun whether playing a serious game or having friendlys and goofing around.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I play Bowser primarily because it amuses me to play the eternal villain. Plus, I rather like the ridiculous strength of his attacks and his very, very high weight.

LinIsKorean

Smash Journeyman
I used Bowser for a month when the game first came out, but I dropped him thinking he wasn't good enough and mainly because I needed to focus on one character. Since I have a good handle on the game mechanics now and already have a solid main, I'm working on Bowser as a serious secondary. There's no way I'd main him (I don't like his bad matchups) but I will be using him when the matchup is favorable or to throw people off - also it's freakin FUN to beat people with Bowser, they get real mad for some reason thinking he should be bad. His moves are real fun and it's SOOOO satisfying punishing with him, and for once it's nice to live longer than Snake.

Also, Bowser is the icon of smashboards. Win.

Also, Bowser fits my style PERFECTLY. Bait, predict and punish. This is how I play with Peach and I find it works great for Bowser as well. Spacing mind games are good with him ( I will flame breath for just one hit as an edgeguard, they will smash DI towards me expecting to punish but since I spaced it right they will eat an up tilt :D So fun.

oshi-, Edrees is picking up Bowser. I want dittos! =)

Riku00

Smash Ace
i either play as him for fun or when i know i am going to play a Peach that has never played my bowser before. also when the battle is one of raw power

DemonFart

Smash Lord
i occasionaly play him to side taunt,the opponent then gets 999% due to the sheer awesomeness of it and then i jab them to their death

Alzi

Smash Master
I play as bowser because he is fun to play and has some nice mind games with his down B. I only play him for friendlies only.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I've always loved him as a character because he easily has the most depth of any character in the Mario universe. His only real mistake was falling in love with a ditzy, clueless, blonde idiot.

Though he ultimately wants her for himself, he reveals in some of the games (mainly the Mario RPGs) that he's more concerned about her being safe and happy than necessarily with him. He's basically like the archetypical young boy who falls in love with a pretty girl for all the wrong reasons. Unlike the young boy who is eventually spurned and gives up, Bowser just refuses to quit.

As a character, I love his moveset because it's quite unique and you need to figure out an angle to work with it if you plan to be successful with him. He's not top tier, but I'm not going to bother playing as a character I don't even necessarily like to have a shot at tournaments I'll never actually participate in anyway.

Oh, and Bowsercide is the definition of awesome. :)

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Well i play his as a secondary and i play as bowser because
1. He kills at ridiculus percentages
2. His ultra cool looking (the best looking character in my opinion)
3. Is definetly under rated (The look on the players faces when u beat them with bowser)
4. Like his style of playing
5. His moves, like bowsercide, fire and ofcourse his uair

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I play Bowser because I have an affinity for heavy, slower characters (Link, Ganon, Ike, DK, DDD, Snake, etc.). I've always played heavy characters, so I never do as well as I want to with the speedy floaters.

My playstyle is more defense-oriented and grounded, since I don't like to rapidly rush my opponents with a flurry of attacks. I rely on my grab game, tilts, and faster smashes, and I use the slower ones to punish mistakes. Also, I usually refrain from Spiking, Wall of Pain, and edgehogging. Although I'm no slouch, I'd say my skill in aerial combat is mediocre. Bowser is quite good for my purposes. I also let the opponent get back onstage in friendlies because it allows me to improve faster if I'm at a disadvantage.

Bowser is cool, hard to KO, and tough. His attacks pack a huge punch. I like the feel of playing him. It doesn't seem as heavy as Ganon or Link IMO (maybe his fallspeed is slower), but he's definitely a heavy I could get used to.

I just don't like his new sounds. I thought he sounded cooler in Melee.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
I use Bowser as a secondary because he is incredibly hard to KO, as he is a heavyweight.

Bowser can KO at low percentages.

His grabs are BEAST. He can also chaingrab some characters.

His flame is really good when edgeguarding.

And most of all, Bowser is underrated, so people often don't play their best when faced with a Bowser.

Top Bottom