• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whos the best ike?

Berserker_Cross

Smash Apprentice
Yes there was a thread like this before. And to tell you the truth, there is no best Ike as of yet. So far it's focused on the reputation, the win-lose ratio, and the wisdom they pass on. After there's always going to be another player that surpasses them. And for the top ranking Ikes that I know of, they're just about equal, it's all based on preference towards style.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
There's not so much "best Ike" as there is the "Most respected" Ike players. On that level, I'm not gonna throw out names for the sake of credibility.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well, I'm fine the way it is. If we had more people it'd get more noob happy. I like underrated characters anyways.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
True, but who knows, for every noob bunch there's always some intellectual in there, it's just somewhere at the bottom of the basket. :urg:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Ike is still noob happy, with or without good players. >_>

But I agree, we don't need a bunch of good players.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well from what I think, the best Ikes are

Kirk
Rykoshet
Silven
Alukard

It's in no particular order. Also I don't think we need more people to represent him. Sure we'll get a dumb noobs but they'll move on to MK when they get owned by him. So I like the Ike community the way it is.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I nominate Light.
(Though I think I can take him now, I know why I was losing :p)

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I don't know who the best Ike is myself. I think Silven's a pretty good player, but I don't think there's an overall best Ike player as it is.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I personally think my friend Silence (doesn't visit SmashBoards) is the best Ike. Reguardless of how many videos I've seen on here, I think that he's the best.

If there are any good east coast Ikes, I'd definately like to play one because I haven't seen many ( 1 so far).

Akashi

Smash Lord
Yes.

And I'm Midwest...IL all the way.
You obviously don't know what a great and amazing RoK is >O

Ok, I couldn't keep a straight face for that one.

Btw Kirk, MW ftw! You used to live in Arlington Heights, which I wanted to eventually come visit you and record a few offline matches, but unfortunately you now live 3hours from me. :(

Kirk

Smash Champion
You obviously don't know what a great and amazing RoK is >O

Ok, I couldn't keep a straight face for that one.

Btw Kirk, MW ftw! You used to live in Arlington Heights, which I wanted to eventually come visit you and record a few offline matches, but unfortunately you now live 3hours from me. :(
Oh wow really? That would have been awesome xD No one lived near my hometown :/ But now I'm at school in Southern Illinois...and STILL no one is around here to play with xD.

Maybe one of these days :D

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Are there any other Ike's going to hobo 11 I'd like to meet some but besides RoK I think I'm like the only south west Ike.

edit: Ussi what happened with your HW? lol.

Berserker_Cross

Smash Apprentice
XACE Don't all those Ike's live in NY?

>_> I'm like the only Ike main in NJ.....
**** right, NYC all the way
But don't worry, I consider you and metroid1117 awesome Ikes too
HEck, thanks the NYC Ike's and you 2 (and Kirk), I managed to get myself to the point where I am today.

metroid1117

Smash Master
**** right, NYC all the way
But don't worry, I consider you and metroid1117 awesome Ikes too
HEck, thanks the NYC Ike's and you 2 (and Kirk), I managed to get myself to the point where I am today.
I'm above-average at best, I don't have enough tournament experience >.>. That may change though :p...

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I nominate Light.
(Though I think I can take him now, I know why I was losing :p)
Oh can you? Feel free to try anytime.:)

I've got too little tourney experience to be the best Ike, but I don't think a best Ike exists yet, namely because there are different play styles and it's hard to judge (I think I'm the only Ike who likes Quick Draw :laugh:).

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Granted that video is from APRIL so it stands to reason he improved since then but <_< what about that video was impressive? All I saw was 2 people who forget to air dodge and overretaliate when theyre having the **** beaten out of them. Specifically I saw a spammy snake and an ike who hasn't really caught onto the fact that ike's roll for all intents and purposes sucks.

PCHU

Smash Lord
My Ike is better than his. (Before you hate, let me explain why)
It may not be as fast, but I get rid of my opponents quickly.
I use many more mindgames, and I have no need to spam.

Now, his Ike has (hopefully) improved since then, so with that said....
My Ike is better than his was in that video.

But right now, I have the best Ike in Jackson, TN (Went to my first tourney, every good player was there).
Everyone in the crowd thought that Ike stunk until I came out and used him.
And since nobody stepped forward to challenge my Ike with theirs, it's a safe bet I'm best.

But on a scale of USA, I'm not sure.
I don't even have Brawl anymore; I'm surprised I came in third at the tourney.
Plus, what way is there to prove it?
I can't go anywhere.

Top Bottom