• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's flames are better?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Off the top of my head, I think charizard's comes out faster but Bowser's has a larger area.

DUB

Smash Lord
Same discussion going on at the PT boards. We are all in agreement that they are pretty much equal, but ganon's murder fist is the best.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Bowser's is larger.
Charizard's (might be) longer. I'm really unsure

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I don't think pulling a foe in as that great :p
Think of all the msall foes you will DI next to you and give you a wallop!
Bowser's is bigger, and, therefore, better.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Charizards deals damage faster and has less startup lag,and when he pulls his head back to start the flaame he can actually dodge some attacks.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
both flames do the same exact thing lol. i think bowser's is easier to di out of, but does more damage in the same timespan. zard's would be the opposite. imo both are pretty much equally effective. if one is more useful, it's almost negligible.

and if anyone actually WANTS to go with zard's flame flow and di toward them, they'll take a looooooot of damage before they get that one aerial in or whatever.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I tend to get caught in bowsers easier. Then again most zard's would go rocksmash whenever they get the chance to flamethrower.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Several of the posts in this thread would sound questionable if out of context.

...on topic: bowser.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I think both have their sthrengths and weaknesses. Charizard takes a small step back when he begins flamethrower. Bowser doesn't but bowser's flames are bigger and i think harder to DI out of.

Ankyfdarkness

Smash Cadet
Bowser's flames. They are bigger And deal more damage. Seems like charizards are harder to get away from but deal less damage. So in a nut shell Bowser's are better Because they dish ot the pain faster. But then agin it relly dos't matter there pretty much the same.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Bowser's have a much wider range, range as in how far you can aim them up and down, they are also bigger and seem to do more damage, but Charizard's seem to come out a lot faster but I find that I never get trapped so long as I'm the slightest bit off of the ground, they almost send you up so that you can just dair him, whereas Bowser's flames seem to trap you in more situations.

I gotta say Bowser wins this one.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I like charizards because he moves his body back farther, so you get hit less. Bowser is so big that you might still get hit even though you spaced the flames right.

washy

Smash Apprentice
Charizards is better, comes out faster and is harder to DI out of. Also, if bowser and charizard face each other and use flamethrower at the same time, charizard's flamethrower cancels bowser's and bowser gets roasted.

LadyKirbess

Smash Apprentice
Even though Charizard's flame comes out faster, Bowser's flames has more range (wider flame not longer distance).

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Charizard's flames are not harder to DI out of, in fact if a charizard flames me he better stop short as soon as he can because I'm going to tear him up with a fair, dealing more damage than he's dealt to me with his flames anyway.

Top Bottom