• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 4: USA first MK banned national! Florida>Texas!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
This is late, but shout-outs to Papa Xyro for hosting a phenomenal tournament. I enjoyed it to the fullest, except for the part where I was totally dizzy before MTDubs Grand Finals.

I tried to get as many of those Street Pass Puzzle Panels as I could, but I'm still missing some. =(

Esca

Smash Champion
Fun tournament, everybody was cool.

But yo, you smashers need to quit playing for a little bit and sort your real life priorities out. You ******s don't have $5 to take a cab, so you rely and Jrugs to shuttle all 40 of you? Every last one should be ashamed. Had it been me with no car, I would've been at the venue already. I asked several people (over 15) if they had enough money to take a cab, none did. This is disturbing. Don't fly across the country for a VIDEEEEEOOOOOO GAMEEEEEE if you are ****ing broke. Why would you take off work if you don't have $3 to split a ****ing cab fare with someone else. Irresponsible as ****. Jrugs let someone from OoS drive his car in Houston at night with 4 other OoS people in the car. Z, you're stupid as hell for even taking his car knowing you didn't have directions.

Besides that, fun ****. Flawda got some respect, And ED is one of the coolest smashers.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Fun tournament, everybody was cool.

But yo, you smashers need to quit playing for a little bit and sort your real life priorities out. You ******s don't have $5 to take a cab, so you rely and Jrugs to shuttle all 40 of you? Every last one should be ashamed. Had it been me with no car, I would've been at the venue already. I asked several people (over 15) if they had enough money to take a cab, none did. This is disturbing. Don't fly across the country for a VIDEEEEEOOOOOO GAMEEEEEE if you are ****ing broke. Why would you take off work if you don't have $3 to split a ****ing cab fare with someone else. Irresponsible as ****. Jrugs let someone from OoS drive his car in Houston at night with 4 other OoS people in the car. Z, you're stupid as hell for even taking his car knowing you didn't have directions.

Besides that, fun ****. Flawda got some respect, And ED is one of the coolest smashers.
wtf?

Are you for real? Who in their right mind would fly across the nation THAT broke?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Fellas, this was really freaking fun. Soooo glad I came to this. Makes me realize just how much I've missed all you guys. :)

This weekend passed by WAY too fast.

I'll post full shoutouts later.

:phone:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
^ LMAO, Esca putting stuff things in perspective.

Shoutouts to God Kais for ****** this tourney.
Shoutouts to Will for stomping GA in -2 MUs :troll:
Shoutouts to Shaky and Ryo for kicking major *** this tourney.
Shoutouts to Trela for another impressive performance. You may bot have placed where you want, but you still showed why you are #1 :lucario:.
Shoutouts to Delux and Illmatic for amazing commentary in WFs.
Shoutouts to Gnes, Fliphop, and Player-1 for repping :diddy:. Wish I could've made it out there.
Everybody be free :yeahboi:

Glad to see that Kain made it to TX safely.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Illmatic - if you are still dead set on retiring from gameplay, you should consider doing commentary homie.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
OP has been updated with chars and intro.

shoutouts when i get home from school.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Great tournament, Xyro. Lot's of hype, and I wanna say that MK being banned does bring out a lot of variety, making the results pretty interesting especially doubles.

Sad to see you and Gnes go, but whatever is left of Texas will keep going strong.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Also what Will did for :dk2:, what Ryo did for :ike: and what Mekos did for :lucas:, and others I tried to do with :link2:, but he's just too limited as a character. Xyro I saw your pools matches; I wished you didn't concede your matches so much after being put through such decifits, but I guess you just wanted to finish pools asap.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It was THE Mr. Doom, you knave. Respect him

Anyway, MAJOR shoutouts to Xyro. He hosted this tournament SUPER efficiently, having 4 events run in two days (Although the numbers being underwhelming definitely aided), being really strict and yet accommodating, which is rare to find in a TO. Sad to see you leave, bro, you are one of the best.

I'll do more detailed shoutouts later but:

Shoutouts to NE for being ****ing hilarious and godlike
Shoutouts to FL for ****** ****
Shoutouts to TX for getting ***** by FL's ****
Shoutouts to Alcohol not mixing well with MVD
Shoutouts to everybody
Shoutouts to IC dittos

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MVD callout on the mic, and YOUR FACE Esam were priceless

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Rei's excuses were COMPLETELY unrealistic.
The truth is that Texas actually needs all four major cities and at least one person from coastal bend attending a WHOBO to do well.
Otherwise, there isn't enough collective lone star energy for our players to draw from and outside forces steadily regain MP throughout their battles, making for a significant disadvantage.
You can trust me on all this, I'm a science pirate.

I know I couldn't attend, but thank you for always hosting these tournaments, sir Xyro.
Best T.O. IMO, and it'll be sad to see you stop.
Actually, there's one major flaw in your theory. This is the first WHOBO that Coastal Bend HAS attended. However, no one from the RGV made it, which is why Texas failed.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Nike got bodied by MVD, who told this man to donate 100 to MVD? That was the most 1 sided MM I've seen in awhile. Should of sent in TonyT

The "commentator that looked like Waldo" was Bloodcross lmao.
And where could we find him? Not in brackets!

:017:

Xyro77

Before this event, I pictured Bloodcross to be this big buff black dude with gold teeth and an eye patch talkin about *****s and hoes. With ryo, I thought he was a skinny white dude with glasses.

Boy was I way off and I'm glad. It's always exciting seeing SWF users irl cause they are always diff than what u see online. Very cool IMO.

Xyro77

Yea I will when I get home from school/dropping off people at airport. Sync has like 36 people at his house and 1 car.

Top Bottom