• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 3!! 3/18-20/2011!! Livestream: http://brawlstream.vgbootcamp.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
fixed

you main a ****ing gay *** character who is bad offstage, of course you are gonna get "planked". we play smash, not traditional fighters, the ledge/offstage IS a big part of our game. why should characters like DK, pit, and rob be punished just for being strong offstage when its clearly beatable.

lgl or not, olimar beats DK and ****s on samus. you wern't playing well today/yesterday it seems just accept the loss
thisthisthis
I wasn't asking how to beat DKs planking with Ike, I was asking how to beat it in general.
play ike/sonic/pikachu then, in my region we have a dk whos just as good as will, and he doesnt get away with that mess vs any of us.
we've had the lgl so long people forgot why it was implemented. it was not because "oh this is gay and matches are too slow" it was because "in theory once metaknight gains the lead, there is no way to get the lead back if he stays on the ledge". brawl is a slow, campy, bad game to begin with but that doesn't give ANY reason to artificially nerf characters like dk, rob, and pit and super buff characters like falco, diddy, and olimar just so the game could be "more fun to watch" or "more enjoyable".

everything in brawl is "gay" but thats not a ****ing reason to ban it, planking is not broken with anyone aside from mk so why should everyone else who has a strong ledge game be punished?

if DKs planking is so OP and warrants a ban, why didnt will (the best dk in the country and the MAIN focus of rich browns argument for keeping an implented lgl) even ****ing place top 5?

DIDNT EVEN PLACE TOP 5 AND WE WANT TO BAN IT.
tv is so right right now. i mean, m2k got 2 stocked by a jigglypuff once, crazy things happen and sometimes people drop games to people they shouldnt lose to. like adhd losing to will game 1. but in games 2 and 3 wyatt proved himself a clearly better player, adapting to the situation. and beating the tactic. I mean, do people whine and complain that they cant beat X Factor dark phoenix? some of the scrubby people did. but the good players stepped their games up, adapted and snapped that bish in so they didnt have to deal with it.

if the thing you want to ban isnt getting people to top 5, whatever the guys who placed higher than him are doing is clearly better and probably needs to be banned as welll.

well it might bring out full potential in certain characters, but it also degrades/makes it nearly impossible for others. There should be a LGL for all characters, cuz not only MK can plank.
if you admit that, that makes your entire argument completely based on your opinion
its like saying there should be a laser limit for falco because it makes it really hard to approach him.

You kidding? We saw how awesome it is. People complain about low/mid tiers being nonviable, then we get a tournament where a mid tier that everyone always wishes was more viable, he does well, and it's like "boooo, that way gay, make a dumb rule to prevent it!".

There's no pleasing you people. Play the real game, LGL is stupid and planking is legit. Will planking didn't even prove anything, ADHD beat him despite the planking. L2P, no johns.
truth. will is my new hero now because of this.
Illmatic went in today.

and I hate drunk shugo.
everyone hates drunk shugo.
People been predicting that this game would "die" back in 2008 and now there are more tourneys than ever worldwide with consistently increasing attendance. Seriously gtfo with that BS it's NOT gonna happen because this game is still awesome no matter what.

:059:
savor this moment gheb, it may possibly be the one time i ever agree with you.
The metagame changes towards better plankers and characters than can dislodge them from the easier. Why are we preventing this? Its the natural course of the game, we will either find new counters to most of the plankers or the game will 100% degenerate. If you ban pre-emptively you will never know if there is going to be new counters. Also, losing a match by getting 3 stock then planking and winning is a perfectly legit technique as long as the planking is not overcentralizing vs the whole cast. I didn't see will plank his way to top 3, where you at richbrown, wheres your counterpicking? Your adaptation? Its your job as a player to keep up with these things. Don't blame planking when it only works vs you, don't blame the rules for not banning planking, blame yourself for not coming up with a better way to beat it. As always, expect the unexpected and be able to adapt on the fly.
this entire process happen in the course of this tournament. adhd analysed the problem and figured out a countermeasure for it. and was skilled enough to properly put his plan into action. we cant cater to people who arent good enough to figure out ways to get around powerful tactics when its very clear that its possible.
All of this was a choice, don't complain that something exists when you have the tools to take it out.
shut up, nobody cares.

RyuKen!

Smash Apprentice
Enjoyed the stream guys, commentators were just hilarious and kept me entertained all the way through, as well as the matches including the recorded one of the four DKs on pictochat. :)

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Why are people crying about rich vs will when this tourney was extremely fun.

and i heard rich mmed will after with the same rules and won, confirm please?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
OP said:
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.
Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings!
Plainking is a perfect example.
Plainking
So it was against the rules...

Esca

Smash Champion
What a ****ing great tournament. I had sooooo much fun at this and learned alot. I'm going 100% DK/Pit.

Can someone tell me what other mid tiers can't be beat on the ledge plz?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
LMAO Esca, it won't matter cause this rule WILL be fixed.

Edit: At the very low chance of it not being fixed, I'll be picking up Squirtle and will plank the edge with his Waterfall Up B and retreating uairs and fairs.

Ya'll will be like "Reflex who?"

Esca

Smash Champion

Edit: At the very low chance of it not being fixed, I'll be picking up Squirtle and will plank the edge with his Waterfall Up B and retreating uairs and fairs.

But you won't ever come down here..

Plus I was trolling, and you came under my bridge BOY.

You're just mad Falco can't do it, IMO.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I made it out of the first pool at pound and not the 2nd pool which inui seeded....inui also seeded my pool here at whobo.....so i got to fight zori,trela,bio,since all who live 20 minutes from me +a few others and inui.
Inui dont like black people

L

AFK

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ledge rules has been argued countless times in Houston, and Xyro won't change his mind. As he would say, "Deal with it."

Since he's running today's Melee, don't expect a results thread until super later today or maybe tomorrow.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811

Squirtle is booty planking.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Inui should not have laid a ****ing finger on pools. Not only was PJs pool messed up but Xyro listened to him and did Inuis stupid way of pool sets where MATCHES count. So there would be a difference between 2-1 and 2-0. Knowing pools isnt 100% serious, a lot of people including myself didnt focus on winning every MATCH. And I dont think this was announced either, when I asked Xyro myself he said sets count but said nothing about matches, which ****ed a lot of people over.
Seibrik getting 2nd seed due to this and had to fight Vinnie first round, and then a whole bunch of people just couldn't get out of pools due to this dumb system. Past 2 whobos xyros pool rules worked pretty well, idk if its completely Inuis fault but damn its dumb.

Malcolm.O

Smash Cadet
Why are people crying about rich vs will when this tourney was extremely fun.

and i heard rich mmed will after with the same rules and won, confirm please?
No, Im Pretty sure Rich ended up losing again, or at least that what it sounded like on stream when will was talking (or someone who sounded like will was talking)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
lol inui seeding...

Here are Vinnie and my doubles matches

1st Logic Fliphop
2nd Tyrant and Lee
3rd Shadow1pj and GDX
4th Trela and Jerm
5th Rich Brown and Coney
6th Ensis and Domo

GREAT SEEDING

Status