• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 3!! 3/18-20/2011!! Livestream: http://brawlstream.vgbootcamp.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO18

Smash Hero
Dont worry dojo is free as d3. Dphat even more.

however, Halberd and seibrik though aren't from texas thus are much better vs d3

Just slowly walk towards razer, hell panic and do something stupid :D

CO18

Smash Hero
Vs Lee there is a positive correlation at whobos vs Top d3's that he'll be down a good 12% or so with less then 3 seconds so just watch out for the desperation nair or up+b coney and you've got it.

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Xyro! Tell me there will be enough setups at the venue, don't make us drive there to have like only 10-15 tvs for 200+ people.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
For a 200-person tournament, we need at least 50 set-ups. That'd leave one set-up per four people, which seems like a good number to me.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Supposedly Dugfinn is bringing like 30 setups alone. So I think there should be at least/about 50 setups at this.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
109 by dec 29?

oh boy this is gonna be huge.

and when i get eliminated lets go to the rodeo or the t`tty bar in cosplay! ;O

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
200+ people? That would be nice but i cant confirm that untill the day of the event.

Oh and relax, There will be enough set-ups(trust me). Im having TVs donated to whobo from a school nearby(im setting it all up next thursday). Plus everybody from tx will bring TVs so that helps too.

EDIT: suspect, DF bailed

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
200+ people? That would be nice but i cant confirm that untill the day of the event.

Oh and relax, There will be enough set-ups(trust me). Im having TVs donated to whobo from a school nearby(im setting it all up next thursday). Plus everybody from tx will bring TVs so that helps too.

EDIT: suspect, DF bailed
hopefully people bring enough wiis to go with all those sexy tvs :laugh:

do they have other game tourneys besides smash at this convention?

Xyro77

Yea all i ask of people is to bring a full set-up. If you honestly cant, bring wii/ssbb. the more setups the better

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Ehh, i'll come if someone can help with the the flight ticket $.

I'll pay for venue/door fee etc.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Thanks Sync. I'll continue helping you in MK dittos like how i did at Pound if i do stay there.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
My Wii + Brawl set-up is still confirmed (minus TV). Unfortunately, I likely won't be staying for Melee (if San Antonio and whatnot aren't staying for it).

It'll be labelled and all, hacks for replays and the like. If anyone is to use my Wii for something over the course of the event and they need the bin file of the replay sent to them, I can provide that if needed be. Just send me PMs, the matches you had recorded, and I can give them.

(YES, T-BLOCK, I WILL GIVE YOU YOUR DAMN REPLAY SORRY FOR THE WAIT LOL)

Then again I doubt that nothing important will be used with it since most of what I'll expect are friendlies replays (my own games with SA and whoever I stay with at the hotel), money matches, whatever.

Anyway, offer's pitched regardless.

Xyro77

ALL textures are legal but i do not recommend them. If a player wants them off then they MUST be turned off.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Yeh, umm.. I need some housing. Hotel is last resort.

I heard 2 people were offering? I need room for 2 people. The most might be 3.

:peach:

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
My friend does, but we might all take a bus so one more person can go. If not, then it's gonna be just me and a friend in his smart car.

:peach:

If you all got some space, please don't hesitate to message me.

:dk2:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
All textures will be disabled for Doubles on my Wii, obviously. But for Singles I will start out with them all on. That, and I like me some other music. dfkajhd lol

Textures for stages do not change the actual stage itself, and lighting in general remains similar to the original. While there are plenty of texture hacks on this Wii, they are all color coordinated (IF they were wanted for Doubles, but I wouldn't myself), and only a select few are model-changed; no hitboxes change whatsoever.

For example, Ike's default is his appearance from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (sequel), Sonic has Super Sonic & Shadow (with proper spiked quills, however they do not alter hitboxes), Snake has Liquid Snake, Wario has his Dr. Eggman & Mafia stylings, and so on. Oh, and Meta Knight as Darth Vader. Have fun with that one. lmao

I must ask that IF anyone is to remove the SD card from my Wii to disable textures that you please tell me first. I don't want the SD card suddenly getting "lost" if someone decides to be smart about stealing it (not accusing anybody here, but even just leaving the SD card out in the open...yeah.)

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Here's the run down on textures, they're not bad as long as they're not overly distracting. Simple textures are best, just keep it plain and you shouldn't have complaints. When people see MK and he looks like a ****in glow in the dark Power Ranger, there's a problem. As long as it's just like a recolor or something basic, it's all good.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah that's essentially all mine are. I don't go for the drastic "...wtf is that supposed to be?" approach.

Thanks for clearing that up. No gripes if they do wind up being shut off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom