• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
shoutout to Trogdor on Wii U! I was :4wiifitm:/:4palutena: and you were :4villager:/:4falcon:. I don't think I've ever played anyone who's a better sport than you. hope we can play again!

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190
[3ds] GGs to a person named Gorod from Canada. I was Stealth. Those matches were great (especially the Pit ditto). You're the only person I've seen on FG use ledge trumping to its fullest.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Great games to someone named FLLFFL on 3DS, you're probably the best FG player ive seen. I used mainly the characters in my sig, itd be really cool to play you again!

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
(3DS) GGs to a player named @EazyDI, Your Orange luigi, Capt. Falcon and Marth were fierce, I wanted to stay and play more but my mom shut the net off during our match. I was actually excited to get a real challenge. I was Default Robin, White Marth, Black Bowser and Default Ike.

My 3DS tag is Richard 89 (Displays as Richard...) I hope to run into you again and to give you a better challenge next time.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
3DS - Had fun with a Yellow Fox (and other chars like Dr. Mario, Captain Falcon) named Kevin, who taunted at the beginning of our matches. Admittedly you could tone down the rolling, but nonetheless still had fun with ya!

In addition, I ran into a Yellow Link and White DK named [TK]_Trey... Awesome Link and DK, especially the former cause I had so much trouble getting in lol.

I was primarily a Fuel Ness named Timmy, but I went some other characters vs. Kevin. Let me know if you're here so I can play you again! :D

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
Had a good time playing with Paddy on 3DS, I don't remember what happened tho, just that it was close and fun.

And gg to Dan too. Even if It could have been better if I wasn't frustrated to read your moves fairly often, but keep missing my punish each time.

Smasher Lee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ssblee
3DS FC
3754-9164-7769
Awesome games with a person named Miv from California. Awesome Ganondorf dittos and hilarious battles. Hopefully, you have a smashboards account =[

My name was Sammy if you do happen to read this.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
To some guy named Walugi with the description "WALUGI FOR DLC"", you had to have been one of the most cowardly players I have fought in Smash 4 as a whole, honestly.

I beat you with Fox, so you go Diddy. You beat me with Diddy, so you leave. And I have to say. When someone does that, it shows how weak of a player they truly are. Or rather, you switching to Diddy meant that you had no mutual player respect, and that you only played to win. Pathetic and sad man.

link2702

Smash Champion
faced a good bowser this morning named Itour(iirc.)

he beat my falcon, so i went link and the matches were a lot closer, he won a few more iirc though after i went link the matches were more even.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
To some guy named Walugi with the description "WALUGI FOR DLC"", you had to have been one of the most cowardly players I have fought in Smash 4 as a whole, honestly.

I beat you with Fox, so you go Diddy. You beat me with Diddy, so you leave. And I have to say. When someone does that, it shows how weak of a player they truly are. Or rather, you switching to Diddy meant that you had no mutual player respect, and that you only played to win. Pathetic and sad man.
You're on a board where 95% of the members play competitively, and you're disrespecting this guy for playing to win. Maybe you should keep in mind that you clearly outplayed him in your first game so he may have felt like he needed to do something to get the edge on you.

Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
You're on a board where 95% of the members play competitively, and you're disrespecting this guy for playing to win. Maybe you should keep in mind that you clearly outplayed him in your first game so he may have felt like he needed to do something to get the edge on you.
I was salty at the time; I didn't mean to provoke anyone.

Last edited:

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
To Gremz, on 3DS : you are a good player, you can read moves really well, but dude, the way you play falcon is completely wrong. You play defensive, 100% defensive, and it doesn't work with falcon. The only reasons our games was close are that I played terrible all the evening, and that I don't play in FG to win by time. I could have camped you with zelda sideB, but it would have taken years to kill you. However this playstyle does work with Mario, because you can force me to approach with fireballs, then it's completely fine to stay in the corner waiting me to come. But not with Falcon.
Still GG tho.

Last edited:

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
@ Fancykong Fancykong Good games! Some nice stuff with Wii Fit Trainer and Samus.

Sorry about me going random, though. Wasn't really feeling any particular character.
Thanks, I train myself by using my favorites, despite the chance for crushing disappointment. You definitely have mastery short-hopping and grabs. Didn't think I was going against a Smashboards member, heh.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
GGs to someone named seb, we had probably about 40 games, your pikachu was really good and i appreciated the chance to practice against it

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Had some fun matches with a Link/Wario named Kameron (or nemia5129). I was the red Wario named Brandon.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
To someone named "JEWEL" who told me "YOU SUCK" after we were 1-1 in matches, in Duck Hunt's absolute worst matchup, GG.

You're a decent Sonic but you're too predictable. You did a lot better than the standard flowchart Sonics I tend to see on FG, though.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
More good games to someone named Brando who played me about 25/30 times because he wasnt leaving before he got a win, can always respect that. And also good games vs a Pit/Dark Pit named AaronFTW, ur jugglin had me strugglin and our games were always down to the wire

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
On WiiU, I just fought a Jigglypuff/R.O.B user that used the tag "CENIT" They were pretty solid, and the matches were pretty tense, I rarely encounter puff players that actually force me to adapt and change my gameplan, it was a pretty refreshing change and I had a lot of fun, I can tell you put a lot of work in, good games.

Last edited:

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Just played some matches with a Samus (he started as Dr. Mario, though) named Serpent. Some pretty nice stuff! I was Luigi/Bowser/Bowser Jr.

Yellowkirbyguy

Smash Rookie
(Edit: This was on the Wii U)Good games to Juan.(I was the small face mii named Lemon playing Doc' Mario) Sorry i was laggy, but that is one of the few times where no one but me is on the internet so it's the fastest my internet can go >.< Plus overseas connection blah blah blah. I cringed everytime you missed that up B with your Zero suit Samus, i felt like the lag was really crippling your game and that i deserved to lose at so many points on those games we had. In retrospect without lag i reckon you would beat me any time of the week. You have a really good Zero suit Samus and i do admire that.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Extreme GGs to a DS player called "Bowser ..." (Your tag cut short.). We played for a long time, and throughout, you matched me well and fairly, I think I could learn a lot from fighting you. Sorry about attacking/charging you while taunting, I don't feel I was very sporting for many of the games, but I was way too into just fighting you. ^^;

Your Peach game was really impressive (Scary, even. You play her so well. I was so surprised when I won first her as WFT, but I feel it was a lucky break. lol) , but I was a little dissapointed by your one game as Bowser. I expected more, given your tag, but I know how hard Bowser is to play having tried to pick him up myself.
You also played a wide variety of characters, which was all in all a refreshing change. I feel I could have done better, but then again, all in all, you were really fun to fight, so I can't complain at all. I was so embarrased by some of the stupid offstage and/or defensive stuff I did. Especially as Doc Mario. I had no idea how rusty my Doc game was. lol Better get back to training.
(-also, sorry about my connection at the end there. It's basically the only reason I stopped playing.)

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
GG to M2somethingsomethingsomething (I really tried to remember your name, but it was a ****ing pain and I was a little bit drunk^^). I'm glad to finally meet a good zelda I can learn some stuff from (I completely forgot to save replays, fml). I hope to meet you again.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
@Qualudes - gg to your Jigglypuff, I was practicing Shulk and just felt the need to whip out Duck Hunt.

Kempatsu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kempatsu
3DS FC
2251-4505-3091
I played some matches with a particular player who had an excellent MM. My name on Wii U was also Kempatsu. I played till 4am with this person too using Yoshi most of the time.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Ggs to (b)3toh, on Wii u. I played pit and donkey Kong some, but started with the tag GANNON and played ganondorf. Those were some good matches, although it was on my friends Wii u so we wouldn't be able to play again unless you have a 3ds

Last edited:

Yellowkirbyguy

Smash Rookie
(WII U)
Good Games to a Mii called "Ness" (or it was lower case "ness" i forgot.) I see how well you've managed your Ness with the Down throws to F-air and every thing, As i was playing Samus, you really had trouble getting past all the Missiles. May i suggest N-air? or F-air? I mean it should be able to at least cancel out my small missiles, and i THINK Ness can duck under the Super Missiles. Also, when you were really close to me, you tend to grab a lot, and used B-throw a lot too. I think it might be helpful if you implement SH N-airs when ever you're close to Samus, especially if Samus is facing away from you. her B-air comes out alot slower than your N-air, or you could even bait her B-air and use a F-air or something. But i will say those PK thunders were great! ...And slightly repetitive too xD
(Couldn't remember your Kirby cause i played a whole bunch of them today. and almost all of them were the same.)

Though your Pikachu is well, it's okay but you Roll like your trying to reach a record of rolls in a match xD It's not good if you roll backwards only to have my Grab catch you (Or a charge shot to the face), nor would it be good if you rolled twice trying to get behind me, it's sorta predictable. Though this was only with Pikachu. To cut down on Rolling, try slowly replacing your habits of rolling with short hops going away from your opponent. I mean that's how i cut down on my rolling. What ever floats ya boat

And if that wasn't enough at the end of our matches, after i was so into the game, you said "U R GOOD" If i didn't jump so quickly into the waiting room, i would of said "you too" and "thanks". But ya left after that. So uhh, yeah final advice would be change it up some times.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
I fought someone named ntarp a while ago in 3ds For Glory. Dang, he was such a good player, that it made me cry ;-;. Sorry we didn't finish our Sheik vs. Captain Falcon match, because my internet disconnected me. Anyways, I really liked your Dr. Mario, Pit, Luigi, Peach, RosieLuma, AND Pac-Man. It's clear that you are a good player. There were some times when I almost won, but you were so intimidating that I actually was freaking out. If you're here Ntarp I'd like to battle you again someday, because you made me better with those matches and I learned things from you :)

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
@ Darktoon Darktoon I'm not sure if you're THAT player with the wicked falcon, but I was the guy who made a blind play with villager.

Really great pressure, dude.
Yeah that was me as the green falcon. BTW My taunts have no intention of animosity.
GGs

Your villager was good. Im not a villager main, but I do come from an era of toon link from brawl so I know camping, so maybe a few more Fair's and Bair's with the gyroid that would have slowed me down. Which I feel when camping you need to control the pace of the match.

Last edited:

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
Dear Glavessa (3DS)

Your Peach is scary good how the hell do you even do that

Sincerely, Morgan.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Yeah that was me as the green falcon. BTW My taunts have no intention of animosity.
GGs

Your villager was good. Im not a villager main, but I do come from an era of toon link from brawl so I know camping, so maybe a few more Fair's and Bair's with the gyroid that would have slowed me down. Which I feel when camping you need to control the pace of the match.
THE BLUE TEXT HURTS

:006:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
[3DS] Played a SacaLuigi. Finally someone stays true to their namesake and plays the character in their name. Very efficient Luigi. GGs.

bolo

Smash Rookie
(Wii U)

To whoever 'Dab' is - way to lose my respect as a player. You're good at the game, and I was enjoying the challenge of playing against you even though I lost our first two matches. But in our third match you showed a real lack of sportsmanship, getting antsy because I had the upper hand (taunting three consecutive times after managing to take my stock) and changing your name to 'U R BAD' after the match and leaving. Pathetic.

xamus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4194-4683
GGs to a Robin/Ike player named 'Kevin'. Really intense matches (except for the last one). Your Ike is insane. Hope to play you again!

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Had some really intense games with Colton on Wii U just a few minutes ago. Man, your Wii Fit Trainer is insane! Your Lucina was pretty fierce as well, even when you table topped my Ness to death! You have to appreciate my spike though... :3

Top Bottom