• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games to @EpicPirate! (?) who used Little Mac and Captain Falcon! You were very fun to play against, and I did learn a thing or two from those matches! You were also very good with those perfect pivots and dash dances, they really threw me off guard. I was that Zelda, Marth and Dark Pit with the tag "Matsu".

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
GG to Frog Lord. You were Greninja, and I was Olimar (using the "EYE" tag). I feel like I've seen you play on some streams I watch (maybe TK Breezy?). Anyway, you're super fast and aggressive. You read me really well, especially my get-me-off-the-ledge options. Sorry I only had time for a Bo3 though. Would love to have played more.

waluigithewalrus

Smash Cadet
[3DS] Looking for two players. First off, I played as Walrus, and in all matches played as a purple palette King Dedede.

The first person I'm looking for is Finlando, who played as a grey palette King Dedede. Those matches were really fun, but I had to stop in the middle of the third match because I had to go drop my car off for some repairs.

The second person is a dude named Tyrus, who played as Sheik. Those games were intense man, and you'd kick my butt for a while, then I would yours, and we just kept switching! Unfortunately, I again had to leave, this time to pick up my sister from a field trip (one of the drawbacks of living at home for college).

If either of you guys see this, hit me up!

link2702

Smash Champion
Sorry about that. Good Link's and Falcons catch me off guard easily. Would you want me to add you.
yeah sure, and good metaknights catch me off guard, so that's why i wanted to face you more, I don't get to see MK players often, so i like it when I find a good one.

And I'm so used to brawl and being plagued by op'd metaknight, that the above sentence just sounded really weird going back and reading it.

oogamania

Smash Cadet
NNID
oogaman
GG's to a really good Peach named Fairy I found on FG on the WII U. She doesn't get much love on this game. Let alone, be played as well as this guy did.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
That twice now I've run into a sasuke [toon link]

And the second time saaske [villager]

Could it really be him? Hmmmm

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Good games to Soundwave on Wii U. Holy cow your Megaman was good.

countchrisdo

Smash Rookie
NNID
countchrisdo
I had some really intense games with a dude by the tag "Bamma" who went Ike, Mario and Sheik. This guy was so damn good. Glad our matches went back and forth. It felt like we were transcending our skills as those games were going on.

With skills like that, you must be on this forum. I was the dude by the tag [SB]Metal.
I had a match with the same guy online and looked him up on here to try and find him. With no luck sadly.

Kempatsu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kempatsu
3DS FC
2251-4505-3091
To the player named "Sully" on Wii U: thanks for being classy when losing to my Yoshi by messaging "Enjoy Nerf". You're a good smasher but LORD, its not that serious.

Last edited:

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
To Scoot on 3ds. everytime we see each other we taunt and do some silly stuff and we're always using a different character! always a fun time when i run into you Scoot!

also could it be the same scoot who goes to tourney?

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
GG's to Nico (theres more to the name and I might have accidently used the wrong name)on 3DS.
Your sheik and Captain Falcon were great, and so was your Yoshi!

Uffe

Smash Hero
[3DS] I played against a person named DAP. He used Morton and R.O.B. I've got to say that those were the funnest matches I've had this evening. I was using blue Ness. If you see this, you're pretty good. I'd say you have your spacing down quite nicely, just try to block and dodge a bit more. Aside from that, I was hoping to play a few more with you. Good games.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So many scrub johners on FG today. Like chill its a game.

Liam, told me to kill myself, classy. Though it'd be cool if i could stay away from idiots permanently so i laughed at that option he gave me.

Then another named Pangea thinking he was all that saying, "I destroy nerds", when he got destroyed. John. (not a nerd but whatever)

Then Some dude from mexico, His playstyle was so bad *airdodge spam* with jiggly. GGs anyway. Had fun exploiting/brushing up on punishing bad habits, so it wasn't a total wash. but then he told me to *git gud* when he didnt even win one... FG why :c

Last edited:

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
Well played to Robert on 3DS, best Marth I have seen so far in FG, you made him looks really fast. Loved the fact that you absolutely destroyed me in the first game, then I destroyed you in the second game, and then we went even for all the following games.
I also love how our last game (I believe it was the last one) ended, Robin vs Marth, you got my double jump and send me really far from the stage, so I was about to fast fall to death when I realized you was even more ****ed than me, good thing that Robin upB is slow and goes high.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
GGs to a guy with the tag of "Jonk" on the Wii U version. I went on for some matches with my Game & Watch and I got matched up with Jonk who played a mean ROB. The matches were close; I think you won two and I won four out of the matches we played, and with the exception of the one where you SDed, they were very intense. You also used Yoshi, Bowser Jr., and Luigi a few times. If you see this, I'd enjoy playing you again.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Thanks to Hardrick for the Palutena dittos! Totally unintentional that I picked that palette the first time, but the matches were good.

ividal

Smash Cadet
just had some ver good matches in FG 3DS
To C4? great luigi and great falco too, really liked those falco dittos

to Doge, probably the best luigi ive found in for glory, so sad that we had that dc but i hope we can fight again later

D

Deleted member

Good games to MewtwoMain! (his tag was also "APRIL_15!"... someone's excited :p)

The games that we've had were pretty fun and intense! That Yoshi of yours was absolutely incredible! I haven't seen too many Yoshis that utilize B reversing.

I was Xeno B610 with the tag "BandanaDee" and I played as Luigi, Shulk, Robin, Kirby, and Captain Falcon.

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
Let's see... I'm Omni, and I'm looking for a few people (3DS people, specifically):
Cal was great, we had some super intense matches and I loved every second of them.
Elxen was great, and kicked my ass repeatedly. Just played ZSS, but played her very well (though it was frustrating to be unable to really hit the player.)
Stanley was fun to play. Had an enjoyable CF.
I'm actually entirely sure there's more of these people out there, but I can't remember them all. Those three just happen to be memorable. Especially Cal, who was just the right skill level for me. Very even match.

Anywho, feel free to tell me if you've enjoyed playing me. I main Sheik, though I think online you'll see me often as Marth.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
GGS to everyone i fought on FG today, some were good, most were... lol

Least i trained a villager, he didnt give up, good for him

then I get "Love_U" while playing MK (does he know...me? or..) his name was "PaperBeats", and then "She has" "Big Boobs" when i was playing zss from some guy named "L", FG you never cease to amuse me.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wii U version:
GGs to this guy by the name Danny. We had some pretty fun matches out there even though I was pretty much dominant, in one point he changed his tag to ":(" to express his disappointment. At least we were having fun, nonetheless. AT LEAST SOMEONE OUT THERE KNOWS HOW TO HAVE FUN!!!

Anyways, would like to play you again sometime. ;)

GreatSogeking

Smash Rookie
Good games to someone named Ki. I was the Hobo BattleShip you pls'd to. Your Marth spacing felt super on point given I kept getting hit with the tippers (though that's also due in part to me running into them).

If you DC'd because I taunted you after the SD, sorry! It just felt a wee bit nice to see a stock drop after losing several of mine to mistakes I made in approaching.

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
(3DS) GGs to icefall (I think it's that, I can't remember) who plays the best zelda I've ever seen on FG, I only managed to beat your zelda once because you SDed, other than that I got destroyed. Your kirby and sonic are also very good!
I was Morgan who played mostly ness, villager, luigi and g&w

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Dang it, I suck against good Little Macs! GGs, JKush. You had a great Mac;
nico, I believe you are the first Jiggly who got me with Rest in FG. Your Armada-like Peach was pretty solid.
Pieman, DON'T JUMP with Little Mac. Seriously. Your DONG was pretty funny! The Knee at the end was quite hype, I wish it had less lag though.
Oh, I also remember fighting a good Luigi who did learn very much from My Smash Corner. Don't remember his name, though!
Sorry for all the people who I fought that Connection ended in the middle of the battle. As good and lagless the connection was, I losing it for some times. Ironically, it just happened when I was winning some fights!!! Everytime. Well, Good Games!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Good games to Manuel. I hope switching to Palutena and leaving after you beat me didn't come across as rude, I was hoping to teach you some things and I had just about exhausted myself when I left.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Wii U, GGs to Law who used mostly Lucina and Toon Link. I went Kirby at first and got beat a couple times, then switched to Dedede, ROB, and a few others and started winning matches.

And on For Glory Teams, I had a few different people that were a blast to play with. JOYTHIEF, your mom (who's tag was literally a dong), Kevin/ELWASON, and Francisco/FRANKYBOY. I stuck around a lot longer than I intended because it was relatively lag-free and really enjoyable playing with these guys. I used a BUNCH of different characters, but my last few matches I went Ganon and had some fun times with Kevin's Ganon. That was probably my most positive experience with FG Teams yet.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Just played someone named Alex on 3DS. Was a great set of matches. I used Charizard most while he seemed to favor Marth and Sheik; but we both used a lot of characters. Was cool playing you, man. Good set.

Matsushi

True Blood
[3DS] Good games to Gurke who mainly used Peach, but did use Duck Hunt Dog and Zelda as well! We had some great matches, and I learnt quite a lot from you, especially how to use Peach! I was that Marth, Dark Pit and Zelda named Matsu.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Played an awesome Captain Falcon/Ganon main on the 3DS who goes by "Ryuu....something i forgot lol". You had some insane DI and mindgame shenanigans. It was even better during the later matches we just started doing dumb stuff as soon as the match begins haha. I was [SB]Metal who used Red Falcon/Ganon/Jiggs. GGs

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wii U version:
Had an awesome mirror match against this Mega Man user with the tag "MOMONUKO"...or something like that. I learned a thing or two from those two matches.
Also a shout out to "DAN" who was ridin' on the fast lane with that awesome Rosalina. Also learned a lot from him as a Rosa main myself, even though I used Mega Man the whole time.

EDIT: Remind me not to keep playing this game an hour before I leave for work.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Deebo was fun to play. Sonic is just awful for me (maybe Dedede in general, haven't decided) though. But still, fun.

Top Bottom