• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

abx

Smash Journeyman
Shout to Bass form Kanada. I resent the fact that you defeated me quite thoroughly, but I remain deeply impressed by the grace of your Toon Link bomb handling.

Leopardfire123

Smash Rookie
Shouts out to Carl for staying in the game after getting 2-stocked by only grabs lmao.

C. Falcon is too powerful
I know this post is about a month old, but that might have been me. Was the person you were fighting against a black falco or a yellow/black megaman?

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Just played a Nephew/mmhmm.java from Georgia. Holy smokes dude, your Pac-man is mad legit. I could barely lay a finger on you, and even after making adjustments I still lost most of those matches, if only barely. I'm disappointed that one of the matches I did win was only because of Sudden Death cheese. I hope to see you around, even if you did make me salty (in a good way!).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I played against a pretty decent Peach user earlier today...I don't remember his name though...but I do remember him changing his tag to "HI!" (uh...hello...?) and "LOLTOOGOOD" (not really, I'm just average). I was Rosalina, Little Mac, Ganondorf and Zelda. Good games out there!

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Played some good matches with some dude by the name of biggie from Cali. Those were good matches dude but I don't know what happened with our first match as my dair lead to an SD. LOL

I was the Bowser Jr main named GTP_Vile which I also go as just Vile too.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Fought a Rosalina by the tag Big Kat. Sorry for idling too long man! You're pretty good.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Played a cool 3DS Zelda player named Nique. We had a great set of matches sadly cut short by a connection blip. But it's damned wonderful to see the Hyrule Princess getting some attention.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Shoutouts to the three guys I managed to beat by just spamming Little Mac's forward smash the whole match. Yes, it was a massive troll move, but it's all in good fun.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs to a 3DS player named JayFeather who used Fox/Link/Ganon/Samus/Marth/and Olimar. We played like 20 matches and all were fairly close but I won the majority of them. Your Link really stood out and was able to take some games off my Link. I was the player who went by [SB]Metal who used Red Falcon/DK/Link/LittleMac/and Marth. Fun guy.

Last edited:

Kyntelle

Smash Rookie
Shoutout to Arthémis and FluffyWolf, who both picked Robin with me (HTKrew) and proceeded to spam taunts and attack nothing for a solid half hour or so (and were damn good at fighting when they did that, too). You were cool.

Last edited:

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
Good games @ Mischiefs Mischiefs (I think)! We played for about an hour and a half earlier. I started out using a bunch of characters and then just used Zelda like 12 times or something. I hadn't used her at all in earlier FG matches, so I guess it figures that I ended up using her so much in the end lol.

You were really good at spacing with Charizard and was another Duck Hunt user that really started to scare me with the cans (especially the Marth matches where the tipper barely saved me). Also, Kirby was pretty unique as well since you weren't completely relying on his rush-down option so it threw me for a loop a couple of times...

Anyways, it was getting late (even as I'm typing now) so I had to leave. I'm sorry if you're upset about the losses or anything (idk some people get emotional about the win ratio) but again it was interesting playing you! That is all.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I fought a white Little Mac on the 3DS known as MetalMan. If you remember me, I was the Sonic with the Crystal Ring alt.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I fought a white Little Mac on the 3DS known as MetalMan. If you remember me, I was the Sonic with the Crystal Ring alt.
I had the biggest grin on my face while I was reading this until "MetalMAN"

With a frown on my face I return to my 3DS to wander in FG forever. The end.

Last edited:

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
Played someone named vidiot ( @Vidiot825 ?) on 3ds. Good games! Sorry if I was a bit predictable. I've gotten lazy trouncing the bad players on FG. If you see this, thanks for giving me a challenge.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I had a lot of good games today and yesterday on Wii U FG. If you played a TPAIN, good game.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
GGs to a couple of people late tonight. The first person had a female mii, I don't really remember the tag but the mii name started with "Ming" I think. It looked vaguely Chinese in origin but I don't know nearly enough about other languages so who knows. She played Ganon and swapped out to Diddy after I trumped the Ganon in match 2. Played a very cookie cutter Diddy for a couple of matches and left. Would've liked to have seen some more original tactics, but strong fundamentals were able to carry her Diddy and take a match off of me.

The other person I played was MuuKik I believe. We used a variety of characters in our matches, and went pretty even for most of our games. He also played Diddy, but this one was using tech I haven't seen other FG Diddy Kongs incorporate into their game yet. Besides that, I think he used Zelda, Robin, Sonic, Pikachu, and Mega Man. Possibly some others I'm not remembering. I used ROB, Charizard, Sonic, Captain Falcon, Ganon, and Kirby. GGs, it was really fun.

EDIT: Forgot to give a shout-out to PaperFrank. You seemed like a good sport, and you generally had the right idea with how to use Falcon, but I would clean up your spacing a bit and be a little more conscious of which attacks to throw out. Dedede thrives on punishment and I was able to come back from a deficit from taking advantage of those small mistakes.

Last edited:

Mischiefs

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mischiefs
Good games @ Mischiefs Mischiefs (I think)! We played for about an hour and a half earlier. I started out using a bunch of characters and then just used Zelda like 12 times or something. I hadn't used her at all in earlier FG matches, so I guess it figures that I ended up using her so much in the end lol.

You were really good at spacing with Charizard and was another Duck Hunt user that really started to scare me with the cans (especially the Marth matches where the tipper barely saved me). Also, Kirby was pretty unique as well since you weren't completely relying on his rush-down option so it threw me for a loop a couple of times...

Anyways, it was getting late (even as I'm typing now) so I had to leave. I'm sorry if you're upset about the losses or anything (idk some people get emotional about the win ratio) but again it was interesting playing you! That is all.
Yeah, that was me. Haha, GG's to you as well. Yep after I while I started to give up against that Zelda and just play to enjoy the matches, lol. I was laughing every game due to being destroyed in one way or another, and so it was a good time. I'm just still surprised I managed to run into someone else on here.

Wouldn't mind playing you again eventually. :]

link2702

Smash Champion
not sure if the guy d/c'd on me, or it was just an unfortunate d/c, but a user here from smashboards I just faced earlier, sadly I forgot his name, i *think* it was @Sheth.

I only know he was from smashboards cuz when I clicked on his profile comment he sad quite clearly he was from smashboards on it followed by his name, but a few matches later + a lack of sleep tonight has my memory foggy atm.

NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
You know, I think I should reply to this thread everytime I hit the replay limit on the 3DS version. So, without further ado, let's get this show on the road! Also, I've figured out how to tag the players I want by using '@'. If you've been tagged and you haven't played against me, sorry.

@Charles
@Caner
@MLGTRYHARD (At first I read this as 'MYLGRYTH' and I have to say, it sounds a lot better than it actually is)
@Derrick
@Lord-Azo
@COCO
@eric
@Matt
@Caniboy
@Ubaid
@Thedel
@Viktor
@DUSTIN
@Dan!el
@Dudeimt... (It cuts off there, sorry)
@sasa
@Cici
@Mike
@Nick
@Jordan
@Loukoum

Hooray! Let the confusion BEGIN! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry for any inconvenience.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
How can I find out if ANYONE has actually seen me? Reading through each comment Is too much xD
Btw my name is Dee.

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games to -Dem0- who used Falco, Fox, Captain Falcon and a few other characters! Your mind-games were absolutely terrifying, and your Fox especially was very quick on his feet! It was a bit scary how we also picked the same colour Robin as well! It was a real shame is started to lag at the end, I would've loved to play some more. Good games nonetheless! I was the Marth, WFT, Robin and Zelda with the tag Matsu.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Dude. I just played the best Toon Link player I've ever faced on For Glory. I totally forgot his name, but it was 1337 speak spelling of a name. I was TPAIN. You ***** me and I think I should file a lawsuit.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Ricky that told me I was good, amazing, add me, wow, nice, good games...good games.

but this was my actual not-actual face every time I got something amazing on you:

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
GGs to Kwakovic on the 3ds. Our Palutena vs Lucina matches were awesome, especially the last few games, which all ended up becoming extremely close. I wanted to play more with you, but it was getting late, so I had to stop.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
[Wii U] Had some fun matches with a Falco named Gman. It was great playing with you mainly because all of our matches were neck-and-neck.

EpicPirate

Smash Rookie
Good games to @ EpicPirate EpicPirate ! (?) who used Little Mac and Captain Falcon! You were very fun to play against, and I did learn a thing or two from those matches! You were also very good with those perfect pivots and dash dances, they really threw me off guard. I was that Zelda, Marth and Dark Pit with the tag "Matsu".
Thanks :D I remember you! You were really fun to play against and one of the few people that is enjoyable to play against. I really wish to play again sometime and train some more :) Great Zelda if I recall correctly, your Marth was formidable, and Dark Pit is a matchup I have little experience in. Nice gettting to know more charecters.

We are friends, so don´t be afraid to talk :)

Totally Casual

Smash Cadet
Can't fully remember the tag, but I think it was either BDC or BCD. We played two games, you were using Mewtwo I was green armoured Ganondorf. Both matches were good and I would've stayed longer but I started getting bad lag near the end of the second, just wanted to let you know I enjoyed the matches though!

Uffe

Smash Hero
[3DS] Played against a Lucario main yesterday named Infinity. Probably the best Lucario I've ever seen. He pulled off a lot of Aura shenanigans that really annoyed me, but it was working. He'd Aura charge into grabs and really land a lot of good combos. His rolling was also very minimal. I was the blue Ness main if you see this, Infinity.

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
ggs to the Bowser Jr. main named Vile
Hey man, I know that it's very sudden and late but If I can recall from long ago, werent you a Falco player? I remember that name really well and would love to have some more matches with your Falco!

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Played against a sick dude named Gabriel yesterday. Played mainly Lucina and Zelda. Would love to add you!

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Looking for Vidiot. The guy I am is Bryan (not my real name) who was using the Marth and I would love to add you for some seriouslies in the future. Your Megaman is really good and I want to have the opportunity to learn my way around it.

Khanjali

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4441-8711-2170
To a Holy Dark from Texas:
These past two hours or so were excellent. You are an amazing player (except the Pit spinning-arrow thing. That was...bleh) and I learned a ton from all of those games.
Let's see... your Pit, Zelda, Link, and Rosaluma (I hate playing against Rosaluma's) were really spot on. Everyone else you played was quite good too, though not as good as those four.
Really, thanks so much for these games.

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
(3DS)
Played against Aran last night, it was fun and I was finally able to try mewtwo in good conditions. I don't really remember if you won a game, but you deserved it at least. Well played buddy.

Also GGs to Matt C (@Matt Culkin ?), it's so sad that the servers died after only 3 games ! I love the Robin - Falcon MU, and I loved your playstyle. We both pulled some nice combos, it was fun.

Last edited:

MLGBlazexx

Smash Rookie
NNID
RainbowDash8995
3DS FC
2621-3435-5304
Shout out to a player named jay who played as a Shulk, Peach and Robin. I was the Marth/Samus user... we played a few matches, and even though i won, i feel like you were a great Shulk player! keep up the work onhim ;)

Top Bottom