• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
[3DS]
Fought a person named Akatsuki who first fought my R.O.B. with a ZSS, then we did Sonic vs Pikachu. GGs to you. Our matches were very close and fun, and I hope to fight your Pikachu again some day. :)
Wait, you fought Akatsuki too? Did he ever play as Captain Falcon?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Wait, you fought Akatsuki too? Did he ever play as Captain Falcon?
When I saw that I was quoted on this thread, I thought that I finally found another Smashboards member :laugh:. But no, he/she only used ZSS and Pikachu.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
When I saw that I was quoted on this thread, I thought that I finally found another Smashboards member :laugh:. But no, he/she only used ZSS and Pikachu.
Ok. I thought that might have been my guy with the same name being Akatsuki. Maybe it is, but I don't know.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Looking for a player named "Qozmim" from 3DS For Glory. He mainly used Larry though he picked a few other characters from time to time. You were good! No reason to get down on yourself when things start turning sour. You don' t learn that way.

My name was Atoyont.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
How would you not remember TPAIN? Haha.
I would leave definitely leave that as-is, but my Mii's name is just "Sean". Not that memorable. Now to stop being lazy and actually do it.

MetalMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GabrieloMiguel
Grayfox: I always laugh seeing our Link x Lucina battle. "I cannot lose" and gets gimped. Aside from that, you were a nice player.
t.
Hey! that was me! Unfortunately I do most of my smash in Wii U now. But I am glad we had fun. If you ever see me now I go by Metalman just like my username here. I do try my best but ocassionally go silly, especially if an accidental ditto occurs.

I fought a white Little Mac on the 3DS known as MetalMan. If you remember me, I was the Sonic with the Crystal Ring alt.
Hello, I usually main Fox but I am trying to improve my Little Mac GG to you.

Also, I found a PANDA with a wii fit trainer that completely desstroyed me but I could not add them and forgot to save a replay. :(

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Hey! that was me! Unfortunately I do most of my smash in Wii U now. But I am glad we had fun. If you ever see me now I go by Metalman just like my username here. I do try my best but ocassionally go silly, especially if an accidental ditto occurs.

Hello, I usually main Fox but I am trying to improve my Little Mac GG to you.

Also, I found a PANDA with a wii fit trainer that completely desstroyed me but I could not add them and forgot to save a replay. :(
Nice! The first time I fought a fellow Smashboards member. GGs!

Met a whole pack of Japanese players. Wonder if any of them is here? Since I don't know how to write Kanji, Hiragana or Katakana I will label them by characters, in English and Japanese.
Donkey Kong/ ドンキーコング: Good game! You play very well. Try to rely more on grabs!
Toon Link/ トゥーンリンク: Welp, I was winning, and when we both have 1-stock you suicide...? A free win! Thanks.
Zelda/ ゼルダ: Pretty solid player. The first Zelda I meet that does not camp neither abuse Farore's Wind. Show me your moves!
Duck Hunt, Lucario, Lucina, Ike/ ダックハント, ルキナ, ルカリオ, アイク: I have the feeling that you had fun, but I was quite salty with your total campiness; The Jigglypuff combo on you was so satisfying :chuckle: Good games, anyway.

But, on the other hand, I've did find non-japanese players.
SomethingMgr: Don't remember your whole name other than the Mgr, sorry, Mexican guy. Man, you're the best and most agressive Link I've ever fought. Hope you've saved the replay! Rematch, please.
LONEWOLF: The Kirby vs. DDD matchup is pretty nice. You were camping with Gordos (Useless info: Gordo means "fat" in Portuguese), but you've ended up being more agressive later and at the Sheik battle. GGs!

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
GG to @ TipDik TipDik on the Wii U. Our Palutena vs Greninja matches were easily some of the best matches I've ever played online. You were also the first Greninja I've ever faced online that knew how to play him effectively, so I never realized how dangerous that frog can be until now.

I definitely would like to play some more games you again in the future. My tag online is Nexin.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
[Wii U]

GGs to a Pikachu/Jigglypuff named Skybunny. Both of our matches were really intense, and it's been a while since I fought a really good Pikachu. I have no idea how I managed to live to about 200% on our first match. I was a red biker Wario named Brandon.

Last edited:

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
3DS stuff.
Just played a much better player than me: pedro
His DK and CF just put me to shame, over and over. I was the Sheik that wouldn't give up. Ever. No matter how many times you won. GGs. Really got frustrating with the spikes, and the occasional SDs.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Still no one has found me in FG :( if anyone finds a [SB]ArrowL using Fire Mario (and potentially Silver Charizard soon occasionally Palutena but custom Palutena is best Palutena so I haven't been using her as much :p) that's me :p (3ds)

also if anyone here uses Chin as their name with Sheik (Impa's pallet) and Gold Falcon GGs

Last edited:

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
I've just played a really good DK main by the name of Big O. Holy **** dude I really had fun matches along with some funny ones with you dude. Such as our first match and that one time you gimped me while we were both recovering.

I was the Bowser Jr main by the name of Vile.

TipDik

Smash Rookie
NNID
TipDik
GG to @ TipDik TipDik on the Wii U. Our Palutena vs Greninja matches were easily some of the best matches I've ever played online. You were also the first Greninja I've ever faced online that knew how to play him effectively, so I never realized how dangerous that frog can be until now.

I definitely would like to play some more games you again in the future. My tag online is Nexin.
Same here man, and I definitely didn't have any matchup experience versus a competent Palutena, so it was refreshing. I'm pretty sure I sent you a friend request after one of our matches, but if not I'll be sure to do it when i hop on later today.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Same here man, and I definitely didn't have any matchup experience versus a competent Palutena, so it was refreshing. I'm pretty sure I sent you a friend request after one of our matches, but if not I'll be sure to do it when i hop on later today.
I got your friend request, but I probably won't be able to play tonight because of college. Tuesdays and Fridays are my best days because I don't have any classes then.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
[3DS] I played against a Jigglypuff main, I think, named Kanyon, who bodied me the first match with two Rests. That character now scares me.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
[Wii U] GGs to a very good white shulk user named Zyntax, I was the White Marth, Blue Falco, Black Bowser, Default Ike, and Black Greninja, who went by Wesker08. You kept me on my toes and at some parts of our matches seemed like we were going even. I'm glad I ran into a very challenging opponent and I hope to run into you again.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Fought a very skilled Fox/Mario/Charizard(?) Main by the name of "maz".

@MAz if you're seeing this, I'd love to add you for more matches. That fox of yours was seriously on-point, and you play charizard!
You acutally managed to take a game off of me in the :006: ditto, which automatically earns you my respect.
That spike you got on me was sexy, I had to pause for a moment to taunt after that~

I'd love to play you again, those games were fun, I made sure to save the replays of you kicking my butt, there was some good stuff to learn there, like how you kept punishing my bair approaches with peach :p

We were pretty back and forth, with you winning some matches, and me winning the other half.

I was "Kumaru" who played only Charizard and Peach

:006:

Last edited:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I've just played a really good DK main by the name of Big O. Holy **** dude I really had fun matches along with some funny ones with you dude. Such as our first match and that one time you gimped me while we were both recovering.

I was the Bowser Jr main by the name of Vile.
I guess I was bound to meet someone from smashboards eventually lol. I had a lot of fun against your Bowser Jr. GG's.

Personally I've never understood why people think Jr is so garbage. He's always seemed pretty good to me. I used to hate vsing him until I learned you can just pick up his MechaKoopas.

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
[Wii U] GG's Rioluke! I've been wanting to do Lucario dittos for so long, I'm glad I finally got to with someone who's good with him. I've been trying to practice with him lately as I picked him up not too long ago, so it's nice to play for a while against someone who has experience with him. Our other matchups were fun as well. ^^

Smasher89

Smash Lord
GG to @ S Smasher89 on a For Glory 1v1 match! 2 matcher with Mewtwo and Jr in that order!

really great Sheik you got! :3 did have to leave early tho

if I am not mistaken, we did chat on Svenska Nintendo Forumet years ago
Yea, ive been active on that since the official club nintendo webpage before even entering Nintendo SM,ggs.

Malas

Smash Rookie
Had some enjoyable games with a Duck Hunt user named DTFaux earlier; that off-stage play was crazy!
Also want to give a mention to Malas for being the first Link main I've encountered who's game went beyond just mashing the B and L/R buttons, which was refreshing.
Thanks man. I recognize your name, but I don't remember our matches and I can't see my old replays.
Unfortunately with this latest patch, Link mains will be forced to mash the B button... Thanks Sakurai

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
I guess I was bound to meet someone from smashboards eventually lol. I had a lot of fun against your Bowser Jr. GG's.

Personally I've never understood why people think Jr is so garbage. He's always seemed pretty good to me. I used to hate vsing him until I learned you can just pick up his MechaKoopas.
Sweet! Never thought I would meet somebody who I've played in fg. I could definitely tell that you were good against rushdown characters or just players like myself who would rushdown too often. It is true that negatives outweightthe pros for Bowser Jr but there's just something about the moveset with the little ******* in a cup. Unfortunately yeah, that's the case with the mechakoopas lol.

Mind if I add you for future games? Although, I'll hardly be on for the next month since I'm practicing for GT Academy.

Standby_

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrBlee
3DS FC
4227-3212-5835
[3DS] Looking for someone called 'JuiceLEE' who used Pacman and Megaman. GG's! Was some of the most fun & challenging matches I've played. PM me if you see this.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Great games to Ashton (3DS)! I was Me, that was some of the most fun I've had since coming back to Smash 4. Sorry for the disrespect with Falcon at the end though...

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Gotta see if I can find two people I played against tonight (Wii U).
The first was a player with the Mii name "Regisky" and the tag "AngryTaxmn" (I friended him and "The Angry Taxman" seems to be his main name). He played several characters well, notably Dedede, Doctor Mario, and Wario. I believe he won most of the matches we played until I switched to ROB (I also used Little Mac and Mewtwo). Really fun matches and a respectable player.
The second was a player going by the tag "Tsuna" from England who used Ike, Zelda, and for one match, Samus. Again, really great player with amazing reads from Ike and good followups from Zelda. The matches were memorable for two reasons: Zelda dittos and a ridiculous Oil Panic shieldbreak into Judge 9.
My Mii name is Atoyont and my tag is Kofu.

orochiwolf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4098-3799-0637
[3DS] Had some amazing Shulk ditto matches with a player named Trycemere! My DS name was German and my brother and I were switching off, but I was the Mewtwo and Shulk you were facing. :) great stuff!

Silleby

Smash Rookie
[3DS] Someone called "Dante" played some Mewtwo and Little Mac against me, I was playing Kirby (once for conquest thingy) Mewtwo and Sheik, name "LuxebiHD"
He had "SmashBoards :p" in his profile so here I am, very fun games man! ^^ Around ~15 hours ago, or something around that..

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
[3DS] I played against a Jigglypuff main, I think, named Kanyon, who bodied me the first match with two Rests. That character now scares me.
That wasn't me, but that was my best friend! His name is Kanyon, and he plays Jiggs. I have no doubt that it was him, since he plays primarily on 3DS, even though he has the Wii U version.

Uffe

Smash Hero
That wasn't me, but that was my best friend! His name is Kanyon, and he plays Jiggs. I have no doubt that it was him, since he plays primarily on 3DS, even though he has the Wii U version.
But he doesn't come here? He switched out to other characters. There was one I can't remember him using, be he brought out a baby blue King Dedede as well and then went back to Jigglypuff. I did manage to beat his Jigglypuff, but the first match, he really threw me off. He landed those Rests perfectly. There is a certain percent all characters must reach before Jigglypuff can kill them with Rest. The lighter the character, the less amount of percentage is needed, making Jigglypuff really scary.

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
Few days ago I went in FG hoping to find some players easy to beat late at night, I was really tired and just wanted to relax. Instead I played against 3 really good players in a row. GG to you guys (I don't remember any name), but why the hell I had to find you at 4-5 am...

Also got rekt against Mr [something], who played Lucario. The neutral game was really close or even in my favor but I couldn't hit a single kill move, you was too carefull. Well played dude.

Finally, GGs to Jon. We played 2 Robin's ditto with the same color before the communication error thing. You did well, and you was fairly agressive, so it wasn't boring like some Robin's ditto. Some advices if you see this : Don't charge Thoron unless I'm at kill %, go for arcthunder instead (arcthunder is better at closer range because it covers a lot of option, and it actually hits harder since you can combo it with a grab). Forget dat Dair, Uair is way better, that's why I ruined you in the air, Uair is the truth. Nice use of arcfire and nosferatu tho.

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
Today, I played a For-Glory rarity: Someone who is actually good.

Jag, if you're out there, props to you dude. Our matches were stellar! You did a very good job! It was a lot of fun, and some of the most intense matches of my life. I feel like my skills were fully put to the test. I honestly feel like you're the better player, I just have a better pressure game.

My nametag was Poe, and my Mii name was Mobi. You started off with Dr. Mario for a few matches, then switched to Zero Suit, followed by Dark Pit, Rosalina and Luma with the golden costume, and then red Rob.

I played the gold Marth, switched to the black and gold Lucina for the Dark Pit match, then back to gold Marth for the rest of our matches.

Absolutely stellar games dude, I wish people like you showed up on FG. I hope you're out there. I sent you a friend request, so hopefully we'll be able to fight again sometime.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But he doesn't come here? He switched out to other characters. There was one I can't remember him using, be he brought out a baby blue King Dedede as well and then went back to Jigglypuff. I did manage to beat his Jigglypuff, but the first match, he really threw me off. He landed those Rests perfectly. There is a certain percent all characters must reach before Jigglypuff can kill them with Rest. The lighter the character, the less amount of percentage is needed, making Jigglypuff really scary.
Yea, he doesn't come here. Dunno why, he's just not interested I guess. He's a quiet fellow.

Will Shay

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7983-0903
Been waiting on this for a while...

My name is *Ike* on 3DS Main White suit Mario and Default Ike

Shoutouts from 3DS for Glory to
Snowmutt's Pikachu
Ishmam*
Phere Last night Good matches very nice lucario, I played Ike and Mario

Last but not least Reiner - I had some really really competitive and fun matches with you for about an hour until I suddenly Disconnected. I would have kept going for a while more, it was really some good challenging fun!

Twewy

Smash Lord
(3DS) Lev-Star, that was a fun hour or so, you're not bad at all. Really hope you're on here, because that was some of the best matches I've had.

Last edited:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
3DS - GGs to a WFT and Villager named B-Rice! I unfortunately had to leave to go eat, but had some funny moments there haha (reflected Pocketed PKT KOs? Wut?). xD

Admittedly I wasn't playing my best cause (not trying to john lol)
1 - I was in a crew battle beforehand and was kinda salty from a laggy match throwing me off.
2 - I was getting a bit discouraged from getting a billion errors when I tried getting a 1v1.
3 - Seeing a Villager (I really hate the MU, it's so boring x.x) kinda dragged things down for me too.

Khanjali

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4441-8711-2170
[3DS]
To a JD from Tennessee:
Excellent matches. You have a great Jiggly air game and the mind games you pulled with DeDeDe were quite effective (I always fall for a few Gordo traps).
I'm saddened that the communication error prevented us from playing longer, but thank you for the great matches!

Top Bottom