• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

abx

Smash Journeyman
Shoutout to Feli (Germany) I enjoyed our battles so far, bummer that we got disconnected. I would have continued gladly.

On other notes, I faced a Hungrybox playing Jigglypuff today. I got all excited but it turned out he wasn't as good as the name would tell and he were from Germany anyway.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
GGs to the great Mac I just faced on FG, shows what a scary force Little Mac can be in the right hands (on FD at least ;))

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
GGs to JumpzOr (if I remember correctly) on 3DS, my breakfast was delayed 1 hour but it was worth it : )

Last edited:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
3DS - Someone here a Fox & Ganon main named Shippo from Florida? You had quite the Ganon, AND your Fox was outstanding as well haha. Great comeback with the Fox on Reset Bomb Forest, and hell Ness vs. Fox is my favorite match-up! :D

I'm a White & Orange Ness named Timmy. If you see this, let me know cause I gotta verse that Fox again! :3

Zenmetsu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trecket
3DS FC
3308-5213-6704
I Played against someone named AxeL on the 3DS and he had a really good Captain Falcon, wondering who that was and I want to play against him again.

Uffe

Smash Hero
[3DS] Played against someone last night by the name DW. There were a variety of characters he used, but I think in this order, his Mega Man, Samus, and Mario were good. That Mega Man played quite nicely and really applied the pressure. Very good spacing in general with the characters he used and really friendly based off the amount of taunts he did from the time we started the match to the cool things that happened. Sorry I eventually left, I wanted to do something else, but I really enjoyed our matches.

Silleby

Smash Rookie
Just played like 3 hours against someone called Leilitz (3Ds) My name beeing 'LuxebiHD' Those were, without a doubt my 3 best hours I spent in this mode so far, those games were AWESOME! We played Lucina (me) Fox (him) for atleast 1 1/2 Hours and then we started switching characters. I REALLY hope I can find ya here, that would be insane!

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
3DS - Someone here a Fox & Ganon main named Shippo from Florida? You had quite the Ganon, AND your Fox was outstanding as well haha. Great comeback with the Fox on Reset Bomb Forest, and hell Ness vs. Fox is my favorite match-up! :D

I'm a White & Orange Ness named Timmy. If you see this, let me know cause I gotta verse that Fox again! :3
Dang, You met Shippo?

Dude's legit, that's pretty cool if you managed to find him online :p He's got a scary fox for sure~

:006:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Played someone named HylianKnight (from what I could tell that was the rest of his name) on the 3ds.

Best marth I have seen and pretty much the only marth I have even seen used correctly.
Ggs, sorry I had to cut it short.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I had a weird experience, to say the least. I met up with this tagless fellow on Wii U, name was ??. I started fighting him and all of a sudden, the screen went really blurry and I couldn't tell what I was doing. At first, I was worried that I may have done something to my screen by accident, but it tuns out the blurriness only applied to that one specific guy.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
You know that if your on the wii you can just go to the friends list and look at recently met and it'll tell you who you faced. This should be put on the front page so that WiiU players can just message/friend request people they enjoyed battling.

BBC7

Smash Ace
You know that if your on the wii you can just go to the friends list and look at recently met and it'll tell you who you faced. This should be put on the front page so that WiiU players can just message/friend request people they enjoyed battling.
Meh, I know that's an option but they might not check their friends list often and they might be avid Smashboards users.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
Great games to a Harmony F. I played my main Olimar the whole time. You played a lot of Duck Hunt, a little Mewtwo, and a handful of others. You're really good with a variety of characters. Your Duck Hunt especially put so much stuff on the screen that I could barely tell what was going on anymore. It made it so hard to track my pikmin! You play a really aggressive Mewtwo also, which is nice to see (but difficult to play against).

GeekBone

Smash Rookie
NNID
platoniccoffee
Forgive me for this rant, but don't you think we should be able to report players who are EXTREMELY disrespectful online? Lately, it's not even the ridiculous taunting that frustrates me, it's the way people send messages through their tags on the character select screen. Some of the stuff is inappropriate at best. How low of a human being do you have to be to go out of your way to be a douche?? I'm running into these morons way too much now and it's diminishing my fun for the game a whole lot. I'm really starting to think that players who are better than me are generally bigger assholes as well. All I want to do is improve, but For Glory is killing my hope of that all together.

link2702

Smash Champion
Forgive me for this rant, but don't you think we should be able to report players who are EXTREMELY disrespectful online? Lately, it's not even the ridiculous taunting that frustrates me, it's the way people send messages through their tags on the character select screen. Some of the stuff is inappropriate at best. How low of a human being do you have to be to go out of your way to be a douche?? I'm running into these morons way too much now and it's diminishing my fun for the game a whole lot. I'm really starting to think that players who are better than me are generally bigger *******s as well. All I want to do is improve, but For Glory is killing my hope of that all together.
can't report em at anywhere other then the results screen. Seeing as how they do these messages AFTER a match and going into the next one, you can't report em less they stay for that match and you get to the results screen again.

Best bet is to bug the hell out of nintendo in hopes thatt hey'll disable the ability to change your nametag in random mode.

If you want to get better anyhow, for glory isn't the best place to go. You're on the biggest site for competitive smash right now, there are plenty of good players here who you can train against.

For glory is more or less (least for me anyhow) a place of roulette; I'm there to see what I get, occasionally i get a player who is as good as me, most of the time I get ones far worse, and very rarely I get a few that walk all over me like I'm nothing. HOwever at the end of the day I'm not going there to really "train" i'm going there to pass the time and cuz i find it more fun then well....the for fun mode.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'd rather they just give you an option to not see the opponent's name tag. My friend and I have very different controls and we switch our tags constantly when taking turns.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
or that.

either way this is a problem nintendo clearly needs to address.

I actually forgot how salty some people were when losing in wii U for glory and/or how arrogant/smug they acted when they won, since I'd been playing 3DS smash for awhile and thus name tags could not be changed. After I went back to wii U for glory I realized just how immature a lot of users there were.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
@ Baskerville Baskerville Yo i don't know if you're the same one that was in for glory but those were great matches, you're probably the best Mewtwo i've fought so far.

GeekBone

Smash Rookie
NNID
platoniccoffee
or that.

either way this is a problem nintendo clearly needs to address.

I actually forgot how salty some people were when losing in wii U for glory and/or how arrogant/smug they acted when they won, since I'd been playing 3DS smash for awhile and thus name tags could not be changed. After I went back to wii U for glory I realized just how immature a lot of users there were.
Thanks for your answer. It really is so easy to be immature on the internet. You're right about For Glory being like a roulette. I guess I didn't go online for the sole purpose of training, but rather to see if I can measure up. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes I want to burn my TV.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Forgive me for this rant, but don't you think we should be able to report players who are EXTREMELY disrespectful online? Lately, it's not even the ridiculous taunting that frustrates me, it's the way people send messages through their tags on the character select screen. Some of the stuff is inappropriate at best. How low of a human being do you have to be to go out of your way to be a douche?? I'm running into these morons way too much now and it's diminishing my fun for the game a whole lot. I'm really starting to think that players who are better than me are generally bigger *******s as well. All I want to do is improve, but For Glory is killing my hope of that all together.
you know, if you find someone that are mean to you like that, you can go to your "friend list" and "player history", go to that mii you got insultet from. you can block them (and possible report them but not sure)

link2702

Smash Champion
you know, if you find someone that are mean to you like that, you can go to your "friend list" and "player history", go to that mii you got insultet from. you can block them (and possible report them but not sure)
block them yes, report them no unfortunately. The only way to report em is through the results screen of smash

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
[Wii U] shoutouts to Kister with the tag 'CMD', super cool dude and an awesome :4palutena:, I was:4wiifitm:. sent you a request, hopefully we can play again sometime!

Last edited:

Cheers

Smash Apprentice
GGS to Wholio who had a pretty sick mewtwo. Would like to play you again to learn the Wario vs Mewtwo match up.

Also GGS to Andy boy. Those CF dittos were really fun and hilarious. Shame that lag messed it up though

fatalfoxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
plushmunch
GGS to Ryan on 3DS the other day. I finally beat your lil mac and lucina(how are you so good with these kind of chars orz). I think I've played this Ryan guy on at least six different occasions.

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Yesterday I've played two rob mains by the name of Kraken and Dan. Fortunately I've some of our matches recorded on my capture card with mostly me getting my ass handed by you two.

Thanks for the matches you two, hope to play you guys again.

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to DJ Delta. (@ DJ Delta DJ Delta ?) I was [SB]Mike. Your :4luigi: was a patient one, and knew exactly when to go in aggressively, and when to back off. I enjoyed our :4drmario: dittos as well, and I learned a few things from your Doc. GGs.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Good games to Orto from Mexico. A shame the lag screwed us over a few times (like that one shield break punish I failed completely), but otherwise they were fun matches.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Shout outs to Owen from... probably the U.S. (forgot to look at your profile during all the hype of our matches :<) in Wii U FG 1v1 for not only having a fantastic Ness, Villager, Dark Pit, and other characters (seeing a Duck Hunt usually always puts a smile on my face, no matter how terrible the player is, which yours was definitely not. It just had the misfortune of not only seeing my Zelda, but also me who mains him and Bowser Jr, whom I regret not showcasing at all), but also your excellent sportsmanship (taunting at the start of matches, saying "GG" & "Ur good" and getting my "GreatGame!" and "THANKYOU:D" tags in return, and even saying "OOPS" with me for when SDs happened to either of us.

I was Zelda and later Duck Hunt, the MOMENT you brought out the dog yourself. I dunno if you go here, but if you've looked at the Dittos thread around here, it's actually one of my personal rules: If I even so much as SEE :4bowserjr: or :4duckhunt: ANYWHERE in FG, even if the room consists of a :4yoshi: or :rosalina: or both, it's almost guaranteed that, if you stick around for the next round, I'll switch to :4ludwig: or Dalmation :4duckhunt: IMMEDIATELY in hopes of a :132:, which are among my absolute most favorite MUs in all of Smash 4. In the Wii U version, "OhHiJunior"/"OhHaiDoggy" & "MechaKoops"/"CostcoDawg" will follow into the next match.

Even when we got No Contested during our :4duckhunt: VS :4rob: MU (which is definitely a thrilling MU, where the looming threat of the ever-charging HUD Laser can reverse momentum easily), you had the foresight to Friend me, which I happily accepted. Those matches in the Friends Room were even better than in FG, because it's like as if we unlocked the full version of competitive Smash 4, and thus we finally got to let loose with all our customs and legal stages.
When I asked about whether or not Custom Specials can be turned on, with my :4miisword: (who I DREAM of repping in FG Anywhere) showing up at normal Battlefield for emphasis, I thought for a second that something was going on when you SD'd, but that was your way of saying yes, which made me incredibly happy, for I finally got to make use of not only the tournament legal stages, but also custom sets that help normally bad characters like :4ganondorf: & :4charizard: & :4dedede: "git gud".

I got to showcase the viable might of :4wiifit:, :4palutena:, :4drmario:, and even :4lucina: when customs are on. We also got to go to the awesome tournament legal stages Battlefield, Smashville, Duck Hunt, and Town & City. You may have had custom equipment on for just 1 match, but you recognized that I wasn't running any equipment and followed suit, which I applaud you for. I definitely did hang in there against your :4mario: for quite a while (over 150+%!), which impressed me as well. I also regret not really getting to showcase my Mii Swordfighter, who is apparently the absolute worst character in all of Smash 4, and as a fan of running bottom & low tiers, would've been my #1 pick in FG Anywhere.

I would adore challenging you again with more custom setups and legal stages like Halberd, Delfino Plaza, and Castle Siege. I also want to show you my other main, :4ludwig:, and his best stage, normal Lylat Cruise, and the 3322 deck for your Sheik, which was not only awesome, but also one of DH's worst MUs (I could at least get props for getting as far as I did before I accidentally SD'd with Clay).
Oh, and your taunt messages in the Friends room were hilariously awesome! :D
I also saved a bunch of replays from our session and uploaded all of them with positive, match-relevant comments. :>

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to DJ Delta. (@ DJ Delta DJ Delta ?) I was [SB]Mike. Your :4luigi: was a patient one, and knew exactly when to go in aggressively, and when to back off. I enjoyed our :4drmario: dittos as well, and I learned a few things from your Doc. GGs.
That was a lot of fun. I had been dying to play Doc dittos so I couldn't pass up on the chance. Great yoshi and olimar too. I usually don't play those mu's so it was great playing different characters.

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
That was a lot of fun. I had been dying to play Doc dittos so I couldn't pass up on the chance. Great yoshi and olimar too. I usually don't play those mu's so it was great playing different characters.
I actually only started using Olimar recently, but I think he's coming along nicely. If you want more MU experience or dittos, just send a message.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wii U version:
Had some fun matches with this guy with the tag "TM-1"...I think that was his name. Good games out there, yo!

And whoever this "STRAT" guy was played the craziest Link I've ever fought at this point...assuming you're not one of those Links trying to make me look bad. Either way, that was some crazy **** right there.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
3DS
Good games to Noroi! I was the Green Fox, you played purple Falco/dark Falcon. Lots of fun! Thanks for the sets.

That Raptor Boost KO was silly.

Last edited:

BluBlur91

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonickidd51
3DS FC
1762-3703-4910
3DS Version:
Does anyone know a guy/girl named Tyrant? This player and I went back and forth using dittos(:4marth: and :4lucina:).
If anyone knows by any chance, let me know.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Played some fun matches with these people about a week ago (both on Wii U version):

Cyanram: Had some great games playing against your R.O.B. Definitely one of the best R.O.B.'s I've played against.

Peru: It was really fun playing against your Wario (finding another Wario on 1v1 almost never happens). I loved the first match when we ate our bikes at the same time and then taunted.

For both matches I was the red biker Wario named Brandon.

Top Bottom