• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
It's very different, though. These players are actually very good at utilizing her strengths and minimizing her weaknesses (which, no offense to mains of this character, are pretty glaring). Last time she was in conquest all I saw was Reflect and Auto Reticle spam. Now I'm seeing real punishes and reads.
Oh. IDK you two are lucky to run into good Palutenas or something.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
[Wii U]
GGs to a Bowser Jr. named Michael (or Vult). I was the Wario/Luigi/Dr. Mario. That last match with me as Dr. Mario was so intense.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Anyone else seeing a strange recurrence of good Palutena players online? I took a week off, and my first real For Glory session since then I've fought 4 very competent players - when before there were absolutely none.

If you are a Palutena main and fought a player with the tag TPAIN, Good games.
Im very glad people are now waking up and utilizing palu better, as i mained her since day 1, her SH aerials are really good for wall/zone, and if she gets a grab you will be combed. Oh and her uair is the best thing ever. Again glad im seeing some good ones other than myself so you arent the only one m8

GGS to I believe his name was Mrzelda. He obv tried to CP me but when im good with 3/4s of the roster (i like isais style so i do it too) you couldnt really get good footing, then my kirby came and you left, ggs tho. You should have stuck to zelda, if you can stop abusin obvs up-bs youd be golden bro.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
[3DS]
GGs to a person named Antonio. I had a lot of fun with my Ganon vs your Samus. I could never get the correct read when I used side B though :ohwell: Either way, I had so much fun and wish to do it again! :reverse:

Traitoros

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3995-7949-2343
[3DS]
Looking for Timmy
We were both playing Meta Knight.
Had fun hope we can play some more :)

Transgen

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's very different, though. These players are actually very good at utilizing her strengths and minimizing her weaknesses (which, no offense to mains of this character, are pretty glaring). Last time she was in conquest all I saw was Reflect and Auto Reticle spam. Now I'm seeing real punishes and reads.
The pro-customs movement seems to have boosted Palutena's popularity. Even in a non-customs environment, people are showing what she's capable of~

[Wii U]
GGs to a Bowser Jr. named Michael (or Vult). I was the Wario/Luigi/Dr. Mario. That last match with me as Dr. Mario was so intense.
Which reminds me, I'm always happy to see low-tier / underrepresented characters like Palutena and Junior played well. Does my soul good~

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games to Nhauste who used Ike and Link, Rhawrzy who uses Palutena and Pit, and Naru who used Peach! You were all amazing and I really enjoyed every match. I was the Marth, Zelda and Dark Pit with the tag Matsu.

Also just a little shout out to SamOfDooms, Khytezz and Miriku on For Fun!

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
[Wii U] Shoutouts to Ayman with the nametag "Frog Lord~". I was [SB]Mike. Your Greninja was really good, one of the few good ones floating around in comparison to other characters. I enjoy fighting people who use underrated characters well. Anyway, GGs.

mask1n

Smash Cadet
NNID
mask1n
3DS FC
0318-7208-5996
qwertyqwaf/PELVE

Great to see another Peach in For Glory! Really fun dittos, but shame about the lag from being on the other side of the world and all.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
GGS to all the peeps i played today, like tiki or something, thats how I imagined it sounded, the way she spelt it was werid tho.

Was an awesome time with all the random peeps i found except for triangle eye, (he had a actual triangle symbol in the middle.) my kirby beat his megaman like it was nothing, and then he rage quits when his ness couldnt touch my Rosaluma. Then he starts johning about lag when im pretty sure you couldnt do your Z drops, pivots, zone lemons, etc. if there was. ive seen it all man and i know to beat it, there was no lag you just ran into a good player that isnt impressed by your mega tech hes seen 1000 times already. Please be a good sport next time instead of flaming me with inaccurate tags.

Last edited:

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
Played a bunch of cool guys on 3DS few days ago (if you played more than 1 games with me this week you are one of them, gg then), I remember only one name sadly. Well played Amit, it was fun. If only I could have found guys like you today...

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Faced a Villager on 3DS, named Orson. I was Myles.

Thanks for the games! Villager makes me completely miserable, though. Good lord that ******'s annoying to face.

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
Played someone on 3DS with /u/swack in their info. Was it @Swack? @swacked? You were Fox/Falco, I was Mega Man/Ness (named Dan, with Haloedhero in my info). Good games! Also, great sportsmanship, which is always appreciated.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I fought a great :4villager: player using my :4pit:. GG's to you. You did a great job at zoning and using that slingshot to space. Hope we can play again, sometime.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Good games to a Falcon named Patient. Pretty rare to come across a Falcon who tries to play the character rather than be completely braindead.

Last edited:

debbilypoo

Smash Rookie
NNID
debbydollyy
3DS FC
2938-8860-9914
This megaman player on 3DS, goes by sonicmega. I was palutena..sigh, you were so good. I wonder if you left because I wasn't on par with your level.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I saw a Shaq online
Which one of you was it :yeahboi:

beethedesigner

Smash Cadet
NNID
beethedesigner
3DS FC
4570-7061-4596
Might've been. Do you have Smash 3DS?
Yup! And the Wii U version. :colorful:

Also: Mad respect to the following For Glory opponents...

sophia: Your Sheik and Ike are the stuff of nightmares! Too bad so sad we got dc'ed.
B Roni: Lag may have plagued our games but you atill wiped the floor with my face numerous times. Best Yoshi ditto challenge in a good while. Thanks for the lesson!
OmegaZero: Wherever you and your black/purple Yoshi are, TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!

Last edited:
NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
Another player list, yaaay! Let's see if any of you guys are on it. I'll put down their names with the character they chose, and I'll even put in the character colour. Sorry it's so long you guys!

Mike - Green DK
Rory - White Male Robin
EpicEric - Green king Dedede (I think) and Nekkid Shulk
George - Black Fox
Brian - Captain Fabulous
Curtis - Green R.O.B and Red Wario
Fodimin - Normal Sanec
danny - Red Link
Crimson - Black Sheik, Green Hat Jigglypuff, Normal Dr. Mario and Black Marth
The return of 'Tintin' - White Ganondorf, Normal Lucario, Cyan/Teal Villager and Blue Ness
Natty_T - Normal Sanec and Normal Pit
Lexmexyt - Golden Captain Falcon, Red/White Meta Knight and Goggle Pikachu
Mason - White Shulk
Kevin - Normal Sanec (Again!)
Chnouk - Normal Toon Link and Normal Link
NTSei - Normal Pit and Normal King Dedede
Alfie - Normal Rosalina & Luma, Red Palutena (I think, you can't really see the dress colour) and Normal ZSS
j - Red Robin
Dex - Fire Mario and Grey King Dedede
dklee - Normal Mario and Blue Zelda
Stefano - White Ness
Kirby - Sushi Pikachu, Normal Little Mac
Stefan - Purple Hat Ness
Edwin - Blue Ganondorf and Blue/Brown/Black DK
Rayan - Normal Palutena and White Peach
ChristMas - Normal Link
hi - Cyan/Teal Luigi
Scantie - Normal Toon Link
solaride - Dark Suit Samus
Sebastian - Gen 2 Trainer's hat (Silver, Gold and Crystal right?)

I played these next 5 guys today and I've already fogotten which characters they used.

Luis
Darui
Justin
jt
curly hair

Playing FG doubles right now. Shoutouts to Leila who has probably stayed the longest despite the terrible lag and has a mean Game & Watch. Also Chaos with a nice Sonic, shame they left after four games or so.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Great games to Matthew / MLG PRO, and WILL and Sarah for some awesome Teams matches I'll try to post replays soon

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
So, I just played for like two hours on 3DS with someone named Teshi (written in katakana). I kind of have my doubts they'd be posting on Smashboards, but I just wanted to say... THANK you for the amazingly fun games. It was great to play someone so evenly matched and who was just as much of a good sport. Keep on truckin', man!

Last edited:

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
Fought an really good Jigglypuff player by the name of Brando. Thanks for the fun match! I don't see many good Jiggs in For Glory, so the MU experience was great. I wasn't aware of Jiggs having such good aerial priority during attacking, which I probably wouldn't have learned online if it wasn't for his aggressive playstyle.

It also reminds me that I need more mirror MU experience, as the few Ikes I find in For Glory never know what they are doing and He wasn't one of them. I'm sure fighting the inexperienced has taught me some bad habits fighting them, and I only got one match with Brando's Ike before we were done for the night. Next time we meet, I hope to give as good of a fight against his Ike as I was able to do for his Jiggs.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Good Games, @ Hokori Hokori .
Nice Shulk!
This is really interesting. You're like the third or fourth person that thought that they played against me :p But sadly, the Hokori you played wasn't me (I don't play Smash 4 anymore at all btw).

I guess what makes things interesting is that this guy uses the main that I would if I were still playing.

Cyro

Airborne
This is really interesting. You're like the third or fourth person that thought that they played against me :p But sadly, the Hokori you played wasn't me (I don't play Smash 4 anymore at all btw).

I guess what makes things interesting is that this guy uses the main that I would if I were still playing.
Oh really? Lol I was sure of it when I saw you were on the Shulk boards.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Oh really? Lol I was sure of it when I saw you were on the Shulk boards.
Makes me wonder if someone is just taking on my name because they know I don't play anymore since the odds of encountering another Hokori that plays Shulk seem like they'd be quite low...but eh, I doubt it :p

Nice to know that you had fun though.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Yesterday and today, I've played with more earthlings.
Pierre...: If you are reading it, read it with attention. STOP LUDWIG'S UP-B. As great as it is to combo, you can't do it all time or else you will get punished. Abandon ship! *Clown Car Explodes*
Roloonda: We had some great matches, despite losing 98% percent of them. I had fun. The only thing that baffles me is how did my meteor didn't kill you too?!
JayRay: GGs. Despite losing most of the matches, I've had fun too. But, I did notice your douche mode with Little Mac's Jab. And, it just feels ironic when I win two matches in a row and you're the one who quits. I hope it wasn't in the way I think.
Team Matches Partners:
Rowlf: You play a nice Samus, just play more... offensively.
Dragon(...: Now THAT'S a good Koopaling. Your Roy was great!
steven: My best Partner. Your Pit and Dr. Mario were quite solid!
Team Matches Rivals:
Miguel, ThaReal...: The end of the match felt like a Star Wars battle with stuff flying everywhere. Luckily, I and Rowlf won.
amaijh, "japanese boy": I wonder if the Shulk ditto between you guys was just coincidence. I feel like "japanese boy" was trying to piss me off going with Kirby at the second match and spamming Stone and Final Cutter.
Raul, caden: You guys are pretty good, keep going like that!
Sayonara.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
[Wii U]
GGs to a Wii Fit Trainer named CBean for some fun 2v2 matches (I was Brandon who played as the Mario brothers/Ganondorf).

Top Bottom