• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

D

Deleted member 269706

Majestic, you're one hell of a player. Can't believe you beat me on that Shulk v Meta Knight match

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ran into DaPuffster from New Jersey on For Glory today. Is this the same one that was just wrecking people with Mii Brawler? He was playing Shulk; best Shulk I've seen on FG by far. Either way, best matches I've had in a while, even if i lost both.
Hey dude that was me. I do believe I remember seeing a nerrof on For Glory as well, since I can't use mii brawler online I use Shulk instead. He's probably my 2nd best character. Who were you playing as? Just trying to refresh my memory on the games that we played.

EDIT: O wait snap you were the Diddy Kong player. I saved our match on the Find Mii Stage. I had a feeling I remembered you from somewhere.

Last edited:

AerialNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
aznninja96
3DS FC
2036-8306-5753
Played against a White Metaknight/Shulk/Wii Fit Trainer named Dev, was pretty good. I was the red Megaman, aznninja96. We played about 7 games. Had fun times, ggs man

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Played against a Rosa/Sheik Player named Cold st-something I didnt check the full name but if you're here great games I wish I didnt have to go the sets were really good. If you see this message hit me up I'd definitely play some more.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Joel from France - damn how the hell did you manage to hack Melee Fox into the game? I'm legitimately terrified of Fox in this game now, there was literally not a single thing I could have done to beat you. Seriously, I can't even see how I lost, I just... lost. Just one thing - seriously, do NOT ****ing taunt when I make a mistake. As far as I'm concerned that is one of the worst sins anyone can commit on For Glory. Normally I'd quit on the spot when someone does that, I only stuck around because I wanted the experience (and I'm not sure I even got that - I tend to learn nothing from just constantly being bodied by a far superior player).

Last edited:

Caltraps

Smash Rookie
NNID
ResidentBevo
3DS FC
2853-0415-8396
If you're out there Rafael, I was the Green Ness named Cal you kept desperately trying to beat with Mr. G&W. Just wanted to let you know you should probably stop trying to bucket Ness' uair...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
I don't know if Nintendo has done something with the matchmaking, or if chance just seems on my side recently, but I've been receiving higher-tiered opponents more consistently (which for me is great).

Anyway, just thought I'd leave a shout-out towards a Captain Falcon player named "TheSolo. . ." I believe our set count ended with you being 0 - 5 against my Shulk, but they were (from what I can recall) all GG's (tolerable connection, too), and I'm glad you weren't of the players to leave after one loss; Lots of respect after the first game in the form of beginning our matches with a taunt.

Also a small shout-out towards a Samus / Rockman player by the name of "Kris". We finished with my 0 - 2 against you with my Shulk, and then 2 - 0 against you with my Sheik before you had decided to leave. GG's. Best Samus / Rockman I've yet played.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
There's not a single sticky on this board and this thread deserves it. Come on, moderators. :4megaman: Stickyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
GGs Ben. Now you know how much Jiggylpuff struggles against Link, heh.
GGs Kal. The female mains you used (Palutena, Rosalina, Zelda) were really good. Those matches were intense.
GGs Zae26. Your Ness and Kirby were pretty legit.

I'm the Yellow Link. I am Power:starman:9.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
My 3ds/Wii U mains have now switched spots in my profile.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Shoutouts to Kaede who played very collected and mean Robin on me! :4robinf:

I noticed just how we both were toe to toe to the point that Sudden Death had to determine the victory (which went to me). I clearly seemed more aggressive which tells me I have to work on more defensive proceduring as Robin. Still, GGs.
I have to still work out playing as other characters (:4marth::4palutena:).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's not a single sticky on this board and this thread deserves it. Come on, moderators. :4megaman: Stickyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Reporting your own post to draw the moderators' attention was clever. This thread is now stickied.

That said, please don't do it again :p Haha

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Reporting your own post to draw the moderators' attention was clever. This thread is now stickied.

That said, please don't do it again :p Haha
Oh, superstitious, ay...

Based Opossum.

link2702

Smash Champion
GGs to a shiek/marth player named nekota (IIRC) I believe they were from canada.

had to go cuz....dear god we faced for over an hour @.@ I still have to now rush through my schoolwork to get this powerpoint presentation done.

Shadow Blitz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sectmk
GGs to Lucina player by the in-game name of "reese." I used a lot of characters on you; namely:4metaknight:, :4greninja:, :4darkpit:, and :4falcon:.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Today is actually my first time playing For Glory matches ever. I go by the name Tino if anyone finds me. :)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Just played someone named Odyssey with a box thing before it. They used Link, and only Link. I was Zelda.

You were really good! You made it really hard to get in with your projectiles and reads. GGs! Best Link I've played so far.

Last edited:

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Okay i (Purple Falcon with name Metalex) just played a seriously skilled Toonlink named "Yackabean" and i think i have seen him here on Smashboards Before. That's a freakin insane Toonlink you have there, and easily one of the best players i have fought so far!

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Okay i (Purple Falcon with name Metalex) just played a seriously skilled Toonlink named "Yackabean" and i think i have seen him here on Smashboards Before. That's a freakin insane Toonlink you have there, and easily one of the best players i have fought so far!
lol I actually just saw that match in Spectator Mode. That was really intense.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I had some really intense games with a dude by the tag "Bamma" who went Ike, Mario and Sheik. This guy was so damn good. Glad our matches went back and forth. It felt like we were transcending our skills as those games were going on.

With skills like that, you must be on this forum. I was the dude by the tag [SB]Metal.

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
I go by ♪ and I only use Peach. If anyone wants a rematch or something I'd be happy to oblige. I prefer 2v2s mostly but I do venture into 1v1s every once in a while. It's hard to find quality 2v2s on For Glory. When you find a room full of people around your skill level or better than you, boom, lag.
I was combing through the thread to see if I could find any familiar names. I tend to get matched up against people with common names so the Not Johns and Matthews and Jakes stick out. I'm not sure if I've faced anyone here...

Except for
(Oh and I did see Vermanubis for a second but he left immediately, rude)
I played vs a Peach whose name was: ♪
That player was so good >w< i could not do anything vs him/her.

Crazy, but awesome!
You.

Thanks, GGs! I have a hard time remembering matches but I am somewhat better at remembering names. I'll keep an eye out for the SBs.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Played some fun matches with cbass, MYSTQ, and Iroh. I apologize for some of my sloppy playing there.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Played a really good Shulk player named Noxus. You Fair'd me all the way to the edge of the screen, which was pretty awesome.
I was the Yellow Link.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I go by ♪ and I only use Peach. If anyone wants a rematch or something I'd be happy to oblige. I prefer 2v2s mostly but I do venture into 1v1s every once in a while. It's hard to find quality 2v2s on For Glory. When you find a room full of people around your skill level or better than you, boom, lag.
I was combing through the thread to see if I could find any familiar names. I tend to get matched up against people with common names so the Not Johns and Matthews and Jakes stick out. I'm not sure if I've faced anyone here...

Except for
(Oh and I did see Vermanubis for a second but he left immediately, rude)

You.

Thanks, GGs! I have a hard time remembering matches but I am somewhat better at remembering names. I'll keep an eye out for the SBs.
Sorry. =P

Certainly wasn't intentional. I just sometimes am in moods where I d/c unless I recognize the name. Now that I know who you are, I'll be sure to stick around next time.

Mangoh862

Smash Apprentice
i played an incredible guy named Douz. he played, marth, pac-man, ike, yoshi. He was super fun to play against. But i had to go at one point. man i wish you could view their miiverse account like you can on wiiU sm4sh... sigh~ but ya, Douz if you're out there, I was the white Marth that you kept beating until i finally beat you in a marth ditto :D

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

Were you using the red/white Peach palette? because I think I might have seen you on Spectator mode fighting against Charizard (user went by the name of Fim), but wow you flat out destroyed that guy's Charizard single handily.

Last edited:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Last edited:

airtight_hag

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2509-1836-2910
Currently playing a guy named Dylan. He seems to main Ganondorf, and we played some really good matches, and now we're just ****ing around a lot. It's fun. I fyou see this and you're a dylan, my name on 3DS is Dan Person. We should friend code

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Today is actually my first time playing For Glory matches ever. I go by the name Tino if anyone finds me. :)
I saw you today on For Fun (if it was you)! I saw somebody with "Tino", though I may have left the room immediately after joining. Were you playing For Fun earlier today?

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I still feel we should have seperate threads for 3ds & Wii U unless we start saying which version in this one.

Zaycko

Smash Cadet
I just encountered a Luigi player called mohammed, he was from united states, dude those were some fun matches! i had so much fun with you, looking forward on playing with you again :D

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Looking for someone called King J. Whoever they is, it was hell of a match even tho I got a hella ass whooping three times. Was good training man. (this 3DS btw)

Last edited:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Played a good samus named mortis. Ggs Glad I picked up rob for matches like this

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I saw you today on For Fun (if it was you)! I saw somebody with "Tino", though I may have left the room immediately after joining. Were you playing For Fun earlier today?
It must've been a different Tino because I didn't play much of Smash Bros. 3DS due to the Wii U version.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
It must've been a different Tino because I didn't play much of Smash Bros. 3DS due to the Wii U version.
Ah, okay. Everytime someone says about how they have the Wii U version or an amiibo and how awesome it is, I get super jelly. I could probably afford it, but I'm trying to save money atm.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Ever since the Wii U version came out, I feel like I've only been playing Ganondorf and Greninja. What gives?

Top Bottom