• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the most difficult CPU?

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i rarely play against the whole cast, but i have found mario, link, g&w and olimar rather difficult to beat.

Olimar is the most easiest i listed because i edgehog him all the time.

Pikachu's a bit annoying because of all the disjointed hitboxes on the aerials. but i totally have no fear when using mario. Cape > Thunder.

Having said that, why I listed mario is because I never faced a mario user before. Using and facing are not the same, the cpu and I don't play alike. but at times the cpu's caped my recoveries, which i applaud and respect :)

Link, G&W, samus and and many others because i rarely play against them

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Luigi is ridiculous. He throws out like 3 attacks in midair and they have ridicuous priority. Plus his fsmash has nasty priority too.

Mario is a pain.

Wolf would be ridiculous if he wasn't so gimpable. But even then his crossups and fsmash punishment are NICE (and by nice I mean mindnumbingly annoying)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Level 9 Weegee is bananas;

Wario is also a nightmare sometimes.

But, who practices with level 9s anyway? Bad form.

6-7 is where its at.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
When I first was playing brawl, I thought Lvl 9 Pika was insane. He is one of the most difficult CPUs, with Luigi being pretty close, because Luigi is easier to gimp.

volbound1700

Smash Master
To be honest, to me it depends on the levels. Also sometimes they just stink and sometimes they actually play good. I also think lvl 7s can be harder sometimes then lvl 9s because they attack more and do not spam shield. Seems like lvl 9s just spam shield and it is so predictable to get in hits between the spams. I play with items so sometimes it can be hard when they get items.

Out of the group having watched CPU v CPU matches and faced them myself the toughest have to be Mario, Luigi, and Pikachu.

However, Diddy Kong can be tough for the Star Fox characters and some other characters.

Snake sometimes can be tough in his stage.

Olimar sometimes can be a little tough in his stage.

Because they are so small, sometimes Squirtle and Ivysaur can be hard to hit.

However, I am no expert and I find the CPUs on Brawl a lot easier then the CPUS from Melee. I think the Brawl CPUS are less predictable but the Brawl CPUs do not know how to have proper attacks or finish characters without getting a major item.

Aibou

Smash Master
The CPU with the most skill is Luigi. Zelda and Mario are pretty good as well, but neither can do as well against me as Luigi can. Peach is alright, but she's easily shield-grabbed since she floats so close to the ground always. Just shield her attack, then grab her.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I've never seen this thread before -_-.
Can someone please tell me what everyone's problem is with Luigi? I don't get it.
He is never much trouble for me to beat compared to spammers like Fox and Pikachu, yet everyone always puts him as the hardest comp.

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
I dont practice much with lvl 9 cpus beacause its just bad training. They fight like no human ever will. They have much worse DI and they give the wrong kind of impression of practice. The best results are achieved by practicing combos against a level 1 Computer Player. However, with the experience I have fighting lvl 9 cpus I would say that the best is probably Luigi. This may or may not be due to his resourcefulness as a lvl 9. He is definately more resourceful and uses his moveset better then the others. Overall, don't fight lvl 9 cpus. It kills your training and your metagame, and you definately become more predictable. Fight lvl 1 cpus at 99 stock. It's a much better training experience.

THEND

Smash Cadet
I agree with the majority and say Luigi is one the most difficult. I may be alone on this one, but for me Kirby is tougher to beat than Luigi. Kirby doesn't have a predictable recovery, and he always takes his time floating in the air and waits until its safe.

Mechie

Smash Rookie
level 9 luigi, lucas, jiggly puff, pikachu, and diddy kong seem to be the most difficult for me. Toon Link, Wario, and Olimar are also pretty tough, but are easier to over come. Zelda used to be really good in Melee; she's pretty tough now, but she doesn't spam her Down A ( Down Tilt as you guys call it) as much so it's easier to engage her.

DelphinusMach1

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo (Melee), Weegee, Peach and Ness really piss me off. I eat Marth, Fox, and Falco for breakfast (One time I beat a Level 9 Falco on 99-life survival with 80 lives remaining), but Mewtwo tends to move at unpredictable speeds and teleport at the worst possible time, Peach has really annoying attacks which can prove difficult to get out of, Ness ALWAYS manages to finish his Psi attack and whip out his bat just as you're about to attack, and Weegee is just a beast.

Fox is easy, guys. Just attack from above.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I have to say wario lol. Somehow he ALWAYS gets the smash ball and beats me. -_-

volume

Smash Apprentice
possibly in another dimension named winnipeg
no question about it weegee and peach =/ peach fights by exact timeframes i mean like if your marth and you down smash she will dodge or sheild grab and she edge gaurds with her floating thing which she can predict when your going to air dodge spot dodge roll dodge but she has a hard time killing even with her best kill moves i could live til 200's some times

Top Bottom