• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the best Marth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
ZOMG ken
nice to see you and very nice to hear that you're maining marth again.
My votes set ken ftw!!!! XD

I also like kizzu and drago. And inui why don't you guys in montage put up any vids? I don't see any recent ones or anything and its kind of disappointing. Plz link me to your new ones if you have any and good job placing second behind m2k. :)

∫unk

Smash Master
I main Marth not Ike

Edit: I don't use Marth on Wifi, since he blows on wifi. Ike seems to do a lot better, but then again I stepped using Ike a while ago after I unlocked all the characters.

Btw I think Marth is too good in this game, Top tier for sure.
YAYUUUUUUUH

But I'm curious... why haven't you shown up to any big tournaments yet?

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I main Marth not Ike

Edit: I don't use Marth on Wifi, since he blows on wifi. Ike seems to do a lot better, but then again I stepped using Ike a while ago after I unlocked all the characters.

Btw I think Marth is too good in this game, Top tier for sure.
Hey you live in Cali too. Will you please brawl me online at least once? I'd be awesome to say I had been smashed on by a person of your calibur.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
YAYUUUUUUUH

But I'm curious... why haven't you shown up to any big tournaments yet?
hasn't been any? I've been busy with school and everything else in my life. I'll attend some soon I suppose. I'm going to Evo for sure, thats a big one.

What I think so far is all the Marth's I've seen are all the same. Not so unique. Just forward Airs and foward smashes (kind of the same way in melee). I think once people see my Marth in brawl, the whole Marth meta game will change and Marth will move up to top tier again.

Or I probably suck at brawl like a lot people say and nothing will change. Then again I've never actually played anyone in person and Wifi doesn't prove anything except the fact of mass suicides, non spacing, getting hit by things you know that's coming and uhh certain characters pwn on wifi because you feel like you're playing on a LCD screen x5.

So yeah, I'm ready to take marth to a new level :)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
hasn't been any? I've been busy with school and everything else in my life. I'll attend some soon I suppose. I'm going to Evo for sure, thats a big one.

What I think so far is all the Marth's I've seen are all the same. Not so unique. Just forward Airs and foward smashes (kind of the same way in melee). I think once people see my Marth in brawl, the whole Marth meta game will change and Marth will move up to top tier again.

Or I probably suck at brawl like a lot people say and nothing will change. Then again I've never actually played anyone in person and Wifi doesn't prove anything except the fact of mass suicides, non spacing, getting hit by things you know that's coming and uhh certain characters pwn on wifi.

Look forward to seeing your marth for sure.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Wait you never played anyone in person?

Good luck at Evo, I seriously look forward to seeing your matches.

But what do you think of the rules for Evo?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Wait you never played anyone in person?

Good luck at Evo, I seriously look forward to seeing your matches.

But what do you think of the rules for Evo?
I haven't played anyone besides the people in my crew. As far as people not in my crew I've played some on Wifi. I'm average on wifi, wifi is so ****ty all I do is spam foward smashes on there and win. Kindda lame. And I don't use marth, usually pit or wolf on wifi.

Eh It's not so bad, I started playing with items in melee, so I was always good with items. They don't bother me one bit, but some of the stages that are on are way too broken.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Yeah, they are including Temple...

Also two stock -- three minutes bothers me a little, especially because they are ending it with Sudden Death.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
I'm now going to assume Ken is the best marth. He might not have videos, but it's an educated guess based on $50,000 in melee marth winnings.

Ken, do you think you could just give us one vid? I know you probably don't want to put any strategies on the web or whatever yet but we'd all love to see it.

Ciel~Image

Smash Apprentice
In the tier discussion thread Marth is generally considered top tier already. Most people place him around 3rd ~ 5th.

SummerObsession

Smash Apprentice
Kens the one who inspired me to main Marth in melee, him and M2k of course. Can't wait to see him brg Marth to a whole new level. But right now daanimals The best Marth I've seen.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
im not sure if i should even say this but i think ken RECENTLY put vids of him using marth and ike but many people put fakes so they may be false. there was even thgis guy that pretended to be ken on youtube so yeah...
KEN confirmed for evo!! lol

∫unk

Smash Master

Or I probably suck at brawl like a lot people say and nothing will change. Then again I've never actually played anyone in person and Wifi doesn't prove anything except the fact of mass suicides, non spacing, getting hit by things you know that's coming and uhh certain characters pwn on wifi because you feel like you're playing on a LCD screen x5.

Good point.. there was that fairly big one at UCLA (Futile won 800 dollars in singles and doubles) but no national level tournaments yet.

You definitely won't suck at a Brawl tourney... but don't listen to some haters if you don't win and get 3rd or something. Seriously the amount of b***s*** I read when you got 4th was ridiculous, when most of these kids haven't even come close to top 8. Especially at EVO with Smashball randomness the results are not going to favor the best winning the tournament.

Interested in seeing what you do with Marth's grab game... as that is definitely the most underdeveloped part of his game right now. Most high level Marth's are abusing forward B now. I have yet to see anyone really incorporate Shieldbreaker into their game.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Marth's grab is great tech chase IMO. W/ shieldbreaker I always find myself doing something else instead like grab, than I always kick myself for only dealing 4% when it could have been and instant kill. I believe marth has so much versatility that its hard to incorporate everything into one style and thus ppl usually pick a style revolved around good aerial spacing w/ dancing blade as a punisher and an occasional spike/gimp, b/c its generally the easiest one in terms of figuring out.

Awesomesauce

Smash Rookie
god, i never thought ken would play brawl again. go kick some *** and become number 1 again, im looking forward to the king of smash :D

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Royr has the best marth I have ever seen. Kizzu would be my second choice. Danimals is overated IMO.

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman

Pretty much my thoughts too, but I'm in a worse situation.
I live in Brazil :ohwell:

I doesn't see any reasons in people disrespecting you, that is just too stupid to do.
Its a honor to be a Marth Player like you. xD

PS: Your theory about Peach Players stills applies here in Brazil lol

AdmiralComrade

Smash Journeyman
lol i agree with kizzu , ken has my respect =o and dw ken u wont suck in brawl xD (tho there is some getting used to) oh and hey kizzu i like ur videos on marth vs ike o.O funni how u can gimp ike so much xD

Danimals isnt overrated as well.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
This marth is pretty good..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMq9xI0SvZ8

vs a Ness, chain grab not allowed apparently
Nah that marth just started spamming smashes which was really disappointing. And less shieldbreaker and more dancing blade? Not a critique I usually give to a marth. Who's Royr nvr seen him, plz give me a vid.

I also nvr understood why ppl would insult ken. lol ken noob pwns all on wifi and owns w/ skill when not on wifi. Just too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom