• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the best Marth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilut

Smash Cadet
As I go around, looking at each character forum, it is obvious who is best, or at least up there with each character, but it seems like Marth doesn't have an obvious BEST person, or even a group of people that fight for it. Ken is using Ike now, and M2K is using DDD (I think) so neither of them is the best (Brawl)Marth.
Who would it be?

Oh, and if one person comes and says they are, or at least up there (because lots of people say "I'm Up there" and then they stink it up) here without vids, or an obvious record of awesomeness, then just don't say it, because I could just walk around saying I'm the best and I'm really not, I've accepted it, just get better and don't say you're anywhere near the top unless someone points to you and there are vids and the other stuff I said before.

Another issue, don't say you're good at Marth, and then all your vids are of wi-fi, hell, you could be the best wi-fi Marth, but that thread will come later.
----------
Another question, why do you think Marht hasn't been doing too well in tournaments? It surprises me considering the fact that lots of people still think he's in the top5 characters, but on the rankings thread by Ankuko he's halfway down high. The only people placing well are the people being talked about in this thread, and that's pretty much it. We need to start going to more tourneys and winning, marth is supposed to be awesome, let's show 'em.

meepxzero

Smash Master
Its hard to say there is the best of anything cuz there has been no national tourney >_>. Id say phanna is probably the best brawl marth cuz hes the only marth winning tourneys.

Hazeon

Smash Rookie
I was the best Marth on the forums I used to be on...But I don't know anymore. I'm sure there are Marths better than me here....
I'm new here, so I don't really know anyone here either...

Ciel~Image

Smash Apprentice
Kizzu is probably the best I've seen. He could use a little more shieldbreaker but he's pretty excellent. There are several videos of his in the Marth video thread.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
IAM Da BEST

wacth my old vids

(its a little bit early call the best on anything yet)

ShengNu

Smash Apprentice
lol i dont think there is a best.. and eh whats wrong with videos on wifi as long as they have no lag?

Hazeon

Smash Rookie
DaniMals is excellent, to be sure. But, there are other great Marths around. It's just a matter of finding them.

Hazeon

Smash Rookie
Heh, it's kinda hard to catch sarcasm when you can't hear on the interwebz. Gotcha, though XD

AuraMarth

Smash Apprentice
Its hard to say there is the best of anything cuz there has been no national tourney >_>. Id say phanna is probably the best brawl marth cuz hes the only marth winning tourneys.
Who?

DSF is the best Marth I have seen in both talent and winning tournaments. Our Danimals is also very good.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
I think DSF mains Snake though, but I am not sure. I am pretty sure his Marth is a secondary, but it really doesn't matter I guess. I am kind of pissed that Ken is maining Ike now (or so I've heard), I feel so betrayed.

But Danimals is really good too.

KingMak

Smash Cadet
Who?

DSF is the best Marth I have seen in both talent and winning tournaments. Our Danimals is also very good.
Wait, do you honestly not know who Phanna is? Oh boy.

Well I'm not so sure about the BEST Marth, but the best Marths I've seen are:
Phanna
Danimals
Kizzu
DSF (Although he mains Snake I think)

KingMak

Smash Cadet
I think I've seen one, but I'm also just assuming. Phanna is an extremely talented player, he's discovered countless techs in Brawl, and has very high technical skill in matches. He's maining Marth now so it's pretty much stated he's one of the best right now, as he's also winning tourneys. Try looking at his youtube channel.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I've been winning tournaments and doing awesome with Marth. I almost took matches off Mew2King, beat Wes in teams, beat Snakeee in a money match, and beat dmbrandon and teh_spamerer in singles recently(dmbrandon in teams consistently, like 4 times).

I'm going to be the best Marth. Or at least one of them.

I just don't have vids, so nobody knows yet.

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if we could yet call anyone the best but some good Marth players are as follows:

Kizzu
Danimals
DSF
Phanna
Bardul

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Phanna, Danimals, and DSF are kinda beastly.

Big ups to all the other good Marths, though.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
Drago's second combo vid is the best but hes not the best marth.
phanna is pretty good, same for danimals but i think kizzu is the most skilled even though he doesnt main marth 100%(i think he mains ike or toon link) i asked him once who is he maining and then i forgot his exact words but he said that at this moment its not marth since i am a bigger fan of sheeda than marth.
Kizzu dont kill me if i said something wrong lol but i think he said that to me on one of his youtube vids

madiaz3

Smash Apprentice
as far as marth mainers...i could go for a top 5 marth in nyc within the next few weeks

(not quite yet..)

∫unk

Smash Master
Why are we having this discussion for the 3rd time in the past month or so? Let this die please.

Next time OP just do a search. The answer is always going to be debated, and will continue to be debated unless someone dominates thoroughly, which is extremely unlikely to happen in the Brawl metagame.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
I main Marth not Ike

Edit: I don't use Marth on Wifi, since he blows on wifi. Ike seems to do a lot better, but then again I stepped using Ike a while ago after I unlocked all the characters.

Btw I think Marth is too good in this game, Top tier for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom