• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the best Marth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalized

Smash Apprentice
If i could win the San Diego Gamers Universe Tournament on June 7th using Marth the whole time...Would i be considered decent? If i could kill DSF and his Marth without getting killed once. Would that be considered pretty go0d? We'll see. Right now im thinking DSF has the spotlight. His Marth is go0d. But We'll see...We'll see..

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
meep i have new sexy marth **** u have to see.. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

<-- marth cool **** creating master

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Why do topics like this exist?

How about this?

Practice your *** off and become the best Marth.

How bout that?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Man, we need this topic to get "Critical hit!" from a Marth mod, this is pretty pointless :p. U learn from the best, to be the best.

iankobe

Smash Lord
I haven't played anyone besides the people in my crew. As far as people not in my crew I've played some on Wifi. I'm average on wifi, wifi is so ****ty all I do is spam foward smashes on there and win. Kindda lame. And I don't use marth, usually pit or wolf on wifi.

Eh It's not so bad, I started playing with items in melee, so I was always good with items. They don't bother me one bit, but some of the stages that are on are way too broken.
Are you serious on going to Evo and play with items?!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm going to EVO as well. I think there is some serious potential in having items turned on (have you seen Marth's glide toss?) and it should be fun.

Edit: Glide Toss banana to fsmash! :laugh:

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
Nyosuke has the best Marth, no question about it. BardulL and Kizzu also have awesome Marth's, and Danimals is probably fourth.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Nyosuke has the best Marth, no question about it. BardulL and Kizzu also have awesome Marth's, and Danimals is probably fourth.
Nyosuke tries to look flashy by moving fast, that doesn't make him the best marth. He's good yeah, but most of the time he and those other Japan players aren't exactly playing smart.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea... ME!!

Go to youtube n type marth combo.. the very first vid.. his user Name is Drago*** This guy is just insane
Drago isn't great. Combo vids don't show how good a person is, Drago, though he is good probably doesn't even rank in the top 5.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Around where I live, I think the best Marth is probably DSF and Bardull. Danimals is good too. I'm best at combos/spiking with Marth than any of those players though. I'm not trying to brag but it's true.

Sorry Danny and Bardul but I had to say it ^^
I love you guys <3

But overall, I still think it's too early to say what Marth is THE best. Let the metagame evolve. For all we know, the players who are good today may not be good tomorrow. Let the game evolve some more.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
Around where I live, I think the best Marth is probably DSF and Bardull. Danimals is good too. I'm best at combos/spiking with Marth than any of those players though. I'm not trying to brag but it's true.

Sorry Danny and Bardul but I had to say it ^^
I love you guys <3

But overall, I still think it's too early to say what Marth is THE best. Let the metagame evolve. For all we know, the players who are good today may not be good tomorrow. Let the game evolve some more.
OMFG I forgot ALL about DSF! He's probably #2, or maybe 3 also behind BardulL, since he mainly focuses on Snake.

Off Topic: KouryuuXfighter, I'd love to fight you over wi-fi, I always like a challenge.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
OMFG I forgot ALL about DSF! He's probably #2, or maybe 3 also behind BardulL, since he mainly focuses on Snake.

Off Topic: KouryuuXfighter, I'd love to fight you over wi-fi, I always like a challenge.
Yeah DSF plays Snake mainly but has a good Marth.

Also, I've only played Wi-Fi a couple of times and I really don't like it. It's mainly the inconsistent lag. I can't fsmash out of fox trot sometimes and it's embarrassing lol. But the main reason I dislike Wi-Fi is because I end up missing too many spikes XD

If you wanna get worked by my Marth, come down to Southern Cali and I'll be glad to show you what Marth can really do.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
As I go around, looking at each character forum, it is obvious who is best, or at least up there with each character, but it seems like Marth doesn't have an obvious BEST person, or even a group of people that fight for it. Ken is using Ike now, and M2K is using DDD (I think) so neither of them is the best (Brawl)Marth.
Who would it be?

id say im a really good marth i beat neo in a marth ditto and if you wait a few weeks you can see my combo vid and matches put up my smashtag is kadaj. i dont play wifi but ill be at critical hits 3

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Beating someone in a Marth ditto means jack ****.

Marth dittos are the silliest match-up in the game.

meepxzero

Smash Master
As I go around, looking at each character forum, it is obvious who is best, or at least up there with each character, but it seems like Marth doesn't have an obvious BEST person, or even a group of people that fight for it. Ken is using Ike now, and M2K is using DDD (I think) so neither of them is the best (Brawl)Marth.
Who would it be?

id say im a really good marth i beat neo in a marth ditto and if you wait a few weeks you can see my combo vid and matches put up my smashtag is kadaj. i dont play wifi but ill be at critical hits 3
my marth outplaced u that c3 :laugh: and wow at u getting 33th....

All the pros rather use characters that win tourneys thats why they dont bother with marth. When somones cracked marths metagame in brawl they will all crawl back to him I garentee it.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I think that I as well as you, FishkeeperTimmay, Junkinthetrunk and a few others have done all the cracking there is to do.

Someone just needs to master the ****.

meepxzero

Smash Master
well most of the stuff is match up specific.... I was messing around with DA dashing. Phanna brushed up a little bout it and its uses in some post. but if you combine it with fox trotting in brawl its possible to create the illusion of dashdancing in brawl. Im not talking bout the useless dash dancing where it looks like ur in one spot going back and forth but yah it does have its uses to pressure people who shield a *** load or if you wanna make sudden movements to put people on there feet.

I suppose al add the match up specifics to ur other thread

∫unk

Smash Master
I think that I as well as you, FishkeeperTimmay, Junkinthetrunk and a few others have done all the cracking there is to do.

Someone just needs to master the ****.
I've been playing around with fox trot to stutter step f-smash, dash dance to dancing blade or f-air pressure (with aerial rushing it doesn't even matter which way you're dash dancing to start f-air in their direction), and hyphen smashing after certain attacks to see if they connect as a true combo.

I think something good is going to come out of this.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
my marth outplaced u that c3 :laugh: and wow at u getting 33th....

All the pros rather use characters that win tourneys thats why they dont bother with marth. When somones cracked marths metagame in brawl they will all crawl back to him I garentee it.
I kno but we didn't even sleep at the hotel b4 the tourny and I didn't want 2 play singles after we lost in teams when I sd'ed twice but it'll be different next time (4 any1 who didn't know we placed 5th in teams at c3) I'll c u at c3 sometime againg in the future even tho the last thing we played together was melee lol :) can't wait to play u in brawl :)

nasir123

Smash Ace
i sadly can not send vidios because i dont know how but send me a message and just v.s me inline for lulz. my brawl code is 2449-4605-7950

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
well most of the stuff is match up specific.... I was messing around with DA dashing. Phanna brushed up a little bout it and its uses in some post. but if you combine it with fox trotting in brawl its possible to create the illusion of dashdancing in brawl. Im not talking bout the useless dash dancing where it looks like ur in one spot going back and forth but yah it does have its uses to pressure people who shield a *** load or if you wanna make sudden movements to put people on there feet.

I suppose al add the match up specifics to ur other thread
I actually have this down perfectly. It makes marth really fun, and it is very useful and looks cool. I should upload a video >_>.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
where do you put your placings on the marth boards...my marth's really good...i'll release some videos of me fighting eventually...you can even see the progression of how i came to be such a good marth player...when i release the vids i'll create a post for everyone to check it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom