• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the best/worst jab in the game?

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Every character has a jab, some are worse than others. Which character would you say has the best, the worst, or the most useful jab?

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Squirtle and ZSS both have a one frame jab, I think Squirtle's has more priority though.

:094:

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Why do you think Metaknight has the worst? The range and speed on it, is incredible.
Nobody uses it, plus it doesn't have that great range and it gets beaten easily, and it's not very damaging.

Trust me. If you see MK using jab, it means they ****ed up trying to do a tilt and used jab by mistake.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Marth has the best Jab because it just is. :) No, Ike has the best one IMO, though Snake has an epic one as well.

EDIT: MK's Jab is NOT the worst (or even close), even if its not AS good as his other moves.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Marth has the best Jab because it just is. :) No, Ike has the best one IMO, though Snake has an epic one as well.

EDIT: MK's Jab is NOT the worst (or even close), even if its not AS good as his other moves.
Then why is it so useless?

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
meh i like peach's jabs(B**** slaps lol) great speed, cuts through most attacks, spammable,decent range, and hardly, if no end lag.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
@Kamikaze - Well, its as fast as C. Falcon is manly. Its a good damage racker, and its got really good priority.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Kamikaze, just because it's a bad MK move doesn't make it a bad move overall.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I do have to agree that Sonic's jab is pretty bad, but I wouldn't say its THE worst. Not yet.
Isn't G&W's not good at all? Easy to DI out of, little damage, and if the opponent spaces properly, can get a free smash on the G&W?

Edit: As for the best, I'm in a toss up between Ike and Snake. Ike can cancel his jab and continue nailing you with a 1-2-1-2-1-2 then knock you to the sky in a matter of seconds. At the same time, Snake has such "WTF!?" range and priority on his jab. Plus its a KO if fresh!

Hence

Smash Ace
Fastest jab: ZSS/Squirtle (1 Frame Start-Up, both of which can be easily SDI'd and shieldgrabbed.)
Non-Multi jab: Ganondorf
Horizontal Range: Ike (with attack walking)
Power: Snake (kill potential) Ike (damage)

Hence

Smash Ace
Jab > Grab works with many character's jabs. CF's other moves are just so bad that his metagame revolves around his jab.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ike has the best.
PIKACHU has the worst.

Stop making these threads.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I dont know why no one mentioned Lucas' jab
it has lots of speed and priority
its just as fast as Ike's with the priority to match...very similar actually

But yea Ike has the best jab
Then Snake, Falco, Lucas, ZSS, and Peach

Worst is MK, Olimar, and Pikachu

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I really can't get how someone can disagree with Ike's jab as the best. Not only is it essential to playing Ike, but it's one of the only things he can do. Jab Cancelling makes up for half of his game, RAR'd Bairs, plenty of Nair. Coupled'd on top of all that, it's fast, 16% until you stale it to 8%.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Fastest jab: ZSS, Bowser.
Slowest jab: King DeDeDe.
Non-Multi jab: Ganondorf.
Laggiest jab: King DeDeDe, Lucario.
Range: Snake, Link, Ike.
Power: Ganondorf, Snake.

For me:

The Worst Jab: Sonic.
The Best Jab: Ike, Snake, Bowser, Ganondorf.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
I don't think sonic's jab's the worst, and that's not because I'm a fan. It's because it has decent range and OK damage. For me it's Pikachu that has the worst jab

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
No one's even mentioned Luigi's? Wow.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I really can't get how someone can disagree with Ike's jab as the best. Not only is it essential to playing Ike, but it's one of the only things he can do. Jab Cancelling makes up for half of his game, RAR'd Bairs, plenty of Nair. Coupled'd on top of all that, it's fast, 16% until you stale it to 8%.
I agree with you.

Snake's Jab just have power and Range. Ike's Jab is much more Useful and can be used as Jab Cancelling.

Ike's Jab, without question, is probably the Best Jab in the game.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
For anyone that says Snake's jab, I take it you've never heard of SDI? iirc, you can ALWAYS avoid the last hit.

Top Bottom