• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the best throws?

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Oli/D3 easily. Oli has insane grab range, and can kill with it. Whereas D3 has the most damaging throw in the game and his Dthrow CGs and leads into moves easily.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
marios back throw
falcos down throw
dededes down throw

Jupz

Smash Master
Grabs - olimar, closely followed by d3 and charizard
throws - d3 (17% bthrow, 13% fthrow to finish off CG's and the dthrow...)
overall grab game - d3 wins

Vermy

Smash Champion
In my opinion...

Chaingrabs: ICs, D3, Pikachu.
Range: D3, Oli, Zard.
Pivot Grabs: Yoshi, Ivysaur, Falco, Fox.
Throws for setups: Snake, PT, G&W, Kirby.
Kill Throws: Ness, Luigi, PT, Oli.

Overall: Oli and PT.

The Sìrén

Smash Cadet
JIGGLYPUFF UP-THROW FTWWW. lol. no. jk.

I'd have to sayyy that D3's throws benefit him the most..I mean he can CG alot of characters from his D-throw, his B-throw and F-throw deal some pretty heavy damage for a throw, and also help with spacing.

Falco is also notable, because of his CG, I suppose, but his other throws suck...

Iceclimbers are right up there with D3, if not HIGHER, IMO, because almost every one of them can be incorporated into their CG sequences.

Ultimately, probably a tie b/w D3 and IC.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
IC is nice, but the game practically revolves around the opponent avoiding it.
D3 is nice, but It is pretty dependent on one (although bthrow/fthrow are pretty good in damage).
for setups, I say marth, snake, and G&W have some solid stuff.
Olimar has insane range, damage, and kill potential.
Ugh, I'd say D3/olimar are the more viable, but theoretically, ICs.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Dedede and Falco. And ICs I guess.

And Marth's uthrow versus spacies if it's the same as in Melee.

...I need to play this game more don't I.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Jiggly's are good because they're like, the only part of her ground game that's useful. (Besides dash, utilt, and maybe dacus)

But overall, I'd say D3 and the ICs.

Jupz

Smash Master
I thought he was talking about the actual throws, not just character specific tactics :p Ice Climbers are the best then obviously, but there is just one person doing it, D3's are the best.

Tamoo

Smash Master
olimar, he gets the grabs, and can either kill or combo from them

I suppose technically ICs tho but its an uphill struggle to get the grab

overall id say olimar still, especially with that huuuuge pivot grab

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Assuming that you can grab your opponent, the obvious answer is the Ice Climbers. King Dedede is definitely a close second though.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
**** this site.

BESIDES chaingrabs.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
id say d4 has the best continous grabs so much damage but ness has the best back grab. and ic climbers are just gayy but their grabs are broken but range isnt that good. but d3 winss overally hes too good

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Ness has terrible grab range that does not allow shield grabs so it's situational, Lucas great grab range has 2 powerful throws, his back throw is still close to Ness' back throw. Lucas dthrow is also a killer. Lucas has also a great pummel just like Wolf. DDD has amazing grab range, IC's grab is avoidable because it lacks range and IC move very slow in both air and ground. Wolf's dthrow can also make setups.

Wario's fthrow is a killer at 150%+.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Ness has terrible grab range that does not allow shield grabs so it's situational, Lucas great grab range has 2 powerful throws, his back throw is still close to Ness' back throw. Lucas dthrow is also a killer. Lucas has also a great pummel just like Wolf. DDD has amazing grab range, IC's grab is avoidable because it lacks range and IC move very slow in both air and ground. Wolf's dthrow can also make setups.

Wario's fthrow is a killer at 150%+.

Except Ness' grab is one of the fastest in the game on initiation, and his dash grab has huge range, not horrible range.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
It's say Ness has the best throw, it's powerful, it's effective, and it also looks cool.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Mew2 has p0w3rful grabz.

Am I a bad person for that being the first thing that came to mind?

Also, isn't there a thread that has the comparative knockback for throws?

Project Vertical said:
Up-throws:
Olimar: 125 (Blue)
Ivysaur: 133 (184 fatigued)
ROB: 144
Link: 147
Squirtle: 148 (203 fatigued; d-throw, 166 fatigued)
Those are just the top five Uthrows for killing off the top, though, so it may not be the greatest indicator, but every little bit helps!

Tamoo

Smash Master
couple the fact that olimar has one of the strongest bthrows and a comboing dthrow and i think in total olimar's grabs are the best

plus he has kickass grab range

§leepy God

Smash Master
Best throws go to Ness, his can combo and kill at the same time. Second is Olimar, if you throw with the Blue or Purple Pikmin then it's trouble for who ever get's grabbed. Squirtle come's next, his Down Throw is too good and it kills. Next is Kirby, his Forward Throw can lead combos as well as his Down Throw. King Dedede, well everyone know's what Down and Back Throw can do for him. Chardzard is next, he has disjointed grab box, and all his throws except Up Throw is good. Lucas come's next, his Down Throw can kill as well as his Back Throw.

That's all I can think of.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Id say Ness has very good throws, especially his back throw, it KOs at high percentages.
lol
My brother uses his back throw when I have a lot of damage on me.
There is no surviving Ness's back throw.

Top Bottom