• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is the most fair?:

Solid Rage94

Smash Cadet
If I were to sum up what the most fair stages are from all the posts here the results would be as fallows:

Most fair: Smashvill

Close: Battlefield

Further away: Final destination

and

Not fair: Norfair:laugh:

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
LOL? What are you smoking? Cannons, Grabby Arms, constantly moving....etc.

FD by quite a bit. Then, Battlefield and Smashville.

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
LOL? What are you smoking? Cannons, Grabby Arms, constantly moving....etc.

FD by quite a bit. Then, Battlefield and Smashville.
What are you smoking? Love campy games? Love having **** recoveries due to rectangular platform? Don't tell you've never bumped your head on the bottom of FD trying to recover. That would never happen on SV or BF.

alejo_

Smash Rookie
What are you smoking? Love campy games? Love having **** recoveries due to rectangular platform? Don't tell you've never bumped your head on the bottom of FD trying to recover. That would never happen on SV or BF.
sounds like a recovery problem to me.

Fairest stage IMO: FD, BF, SV. I think any stage that is just simple with no other elements to K.O you are fair. Sure some chracters maybe have an advantage, but o well. It still is fair.

Moosetracks

Smash Cadet
The most fair stage ?
I'd say Norfair. I mean, there's "fair" in the name, are the other stages named battlefair or fairnal destination ? No, so that's it.
Norfair it is "nor fair" or "neither fair" thus "not fair". :)

As for most fair stage I would have to say Smashville.
Most unfair stages would be the Mario Kart stage, Green Hill Zone, and Skyworld.

Geist

Smash Master
**** it. You guys already beat me to the pun.

Battlefield is the most neutral in my opinion. It has flat, even, stationary platforms. The main base of it is simple, and has no gimics attached to it. unlike FD, it doesn't have that gimping edge that previously plagued battlefield.

holysnap

Smash Cadet
Battlefield is probably the most fair stage, with smashville a close second.
FD has too many problems with it, a good stage but not even close to being the most fair.
Yoshi's island would be one of the most fair but it has a support ghost so that excludes it.

Geist

Smash Master
Battlefield is probably the most fair stage, with smashville a close second.
FD has too many problems with it, a good stage but not even close to being the most fair.
Yoshi's island would be one of the most fair but it has a support ghost so that excludes it.
That support ghost usually has the same effect as the moving platform in Smashville.
It's mostly because it can become difficult to autocancel with some characters on the tilting platform.

ToxicWaltz

Smash Rookie
Wait.. so battle field is fair cause it hurts people? That's perfectly logical when the objective is to find a stage that doesn't hinder anyone.. right..

Basically what your saying is.. lets take away a few peoples NATURAL advantages because you don't think it's fair they main someone with projectiles even though a growing % of people main MK (because people think he's fair). Your logic astounds me. Kudos to you.

I think random is the most balanced stage. You could end up with a stage that hinders or helps you and people wouldn't be able to "counter pick" you person because it'd be random.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
EVERY stage gives character's strengths and weaknesses, saying one stage is fair, period, is absurd.

In that case, Battlefield is the most fair stage. Three platforms, equal blastzones, and a decently long stage. Most of all, no bull****.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=]

Smashville, hands down.

Why Battlefield? The platforms on Battlefield can mess you up worse than those on Smashville. Plus, Battlefield's layout encourages ground combat which is not fair for several characters and beneficial to others.

As I said, Smashville for sure.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=o

BF is no good for Pikachu. It's actually good for MK, as if he even needs to counter-pick stages...

SV is the only stage that is wide-open but also discourages camping, CG's, and projectile spam. It is also great for both ground and aerial combat. It's near perfect.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=o

FD encourages camping and projectile spam.
And yeah, that lip on the edge screws over certain characters' recoveries.

Perhaps BF and SV are tied for the most fair.

Commander Blizzard

Smash Apprentice
I'm agreeing with what everyone said. Battlefield and Smashville.
But I find FD to be a fair stage. (Probably becuase I tend to use only Meta-knight there.)

IDK

Smash Lord
people can do sort of a jab lock with weak attacks on smashville on the platform if it is moving like this when you are x and they are y.
----> x y <characters while x is doing something like diddy's dtilt
---->_____ <platform moving right
_______________________<stage

on final d, diddy always has the advantage. even on MK. he just wins there. fact.

Kingdom Key

Smash Rookie
Battlefield is the fairest stage; platforms, flat landscape. Its very balanced. Smashville's platforms move so it just gives an advantage to certain characters. Final Destination is probably the most commonly played, but encourages camping and projectile spam, imo.

Gothic Zelda

Smash Apprentice
None.

FD: camp/CG city along with those **** edges

SV: Snake.

BF: Anyone with a sword+DK.

Well, looking at the list I'd say SV without Snake. That **** moving platform with C4 on it...god.

CalebSitton

Smash Apprentice
there is no actual "real" fair stage in the game..... i.g. FD is for camping but i use sonic so it gives me lots of room until u hit the edged side making u die..... Bf has enough platforms and can cause other players like Mk to obtain an advantage..... teh smashville can be annoying because ppl abuse the moving platform and baloons :).....i could find something wrong for each stage but iam too lazy to point them out but u get the general idea o-o

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Smashvile is the best neutral stage for me those red ballons and the moving platform come in handy sometimes.

TP

Smash Master
I agree with the consensus. Battlefield and Smashville are pretty easily the most fair. I would give Smashville my vote if I had to choose.

Also, anybody who says Yoshi's Island has never played as Ganon there. Without thunderstorming, Ganon might as well just jump off a cliff.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Pokemon Stadum, it's good for all types of chracters and it's fun to play on. Pokemon Stadum 2 is fun, but it's best for chracters that has multi jumps.

Midnaftw

Smash Cadet
I don't know... I'm near a giant marshmallow if th
Smashville no question about it, it's final destination with a platform that stops camping.
Yoshi's Island is more fair than FD because of the platform, but the support ghost will very occasionally help a player. Which leads to "ZOMG YUSHIs SILAND SHOD B BAND!!!11!" threads

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Personally, I think the three most fair stages are yoshi's island, battlefield, and smashville.

They are all flat (although yoshi's island has a slight curve if I remember correctly....) and they each have platforms to help avoid projectile camping. Basically, they all are the most neutral stages.

The absolutely MOST fair stage is smashville though. It's pretty much final destination with an anti-camp platform and no gimpy edges.

Top Bottom