• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which is the Best Region/State?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
We are building a scene in calgary, 1-2 years and i think there will be a couple names from alberta too;)
also, falsefalco is somewhat wellknown

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
im not familiar with that tournament. but I would be down to money match. if it's only Melee ill be a happy camper

:phone:

Violence

Smash Lord
Holy **** if we get AZ too, I'm pretty sure this is the most stacked a regional has ever been in the history of ever.

D

Deleted member

What can you actually expect from a warrior? I just swing swords or words, whatever it is.. and then stuff happens.
a warrior seeks improvement in all areas and strives to eliminate weakness.

as a swordsman, i can tell you that "stuff happens" actually means you got killed pretty much immediately.

Battlecow

Play to Win
There's something to be said for a completely intuitive, non-intellectual approach to combat.

I know a couple of great fencers who are dumber than doorknobs

MercuryMercenary

Smash Rookie
well well..

I will show you my warrior strength one day if I get blessed enough to travel kage!

Also merc is pretty good. Merc just gotta polish up on some of those match ups is all. Get back into the game merc has beaten a decent amount of skilled players.

fl is 3rd after tri state bro fo sho! Do people not count ny/nj as one region?
dude just cause johnny shares a personal opinion with you, why do you go around acting like you're on the socal ranking panel lol

merck is not top 10, as far as i know he's only gone to a few tournies and did mediocre at them (with a broke cntrl or whatever idk)

****in pbnj lmfao..

having said that, i did get to play him, he's a huge ****in homie and way better at smash than drugged fox
merck *****, hes a really chill dude, but i dont think hes top 10 in socal, especially if we count the "inactive" ppl that still **** like hugs macd alex19 etc.
Merck leaves such a positive impression on people

What a guy!

Merck the jerk
haha! this thread is too gud. really appreciate the compliments bros. Cali def ***** hardcore tho. tis the land of the endless challengers and I am happy to have faced so many in such a short amount of time. Im from the era when Mike G was ranked no. 1 in state and 4th nationally. GA def still has many beast players especially now but I'd proly give no. 1 to Xif, Chinnesah, Sleepy K, or DruggedFox now that Im out the way *couch! cough!* other contenders are like Chaddd, Nicaboy, Flamin Roy, Soft, Redfox, Fullmetal, Onish, BBQ and Ronaroni. Honestly, top player wise, I would say GA is only a couple levels behind Cali's top players but Cali definitely has a vast top.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
are we talking strength of a region, or the ability to win a 5v5 crew battle?

cause NC is not a particularly strong region persay, but PP by himself would take out the majority of 5v5's under florida, and our 2-5 (twitch, l0zr, yay, $mike, esam) isn't THAT terrible...did you forget where he lives?

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Chu said he's quit Melee and sounds pretty serious about it.

Though we know how that goes.

Florida's top 4 of Hbox, DSW, Colbol and Plup is hard to top, though. Not even sure EC Canada can top it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Sure we can... what are they invincible all of a sudden? I don't think I need to say anything that at least 4 of us has enough potential to have a chance to beat the Top 5 in the world. The only thing missing is like better consistency and speed, that's it. If those 2 skills were higher level then it'll be 50-50 vs them.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Chu said he's quit Melee and sounds pretty serious about it.

Though we know how that goes.

Florida's top 4 of Hbox, DSW, Colbol and Plup is hard to top, though. Not even sure EC Canada can top it.
I'll just 3-stock Shiz again and then the crew isn't so tough :troll:

But in all seriousness that's a really good lineup. I wanna say we'd win but I'm really not sure. Normally we can throw Kage at weird people like Samus but Plup is really good vs strange characters AFAIK and beat Kage in their MM so one of our arbitrary CPs to weirdness is gone...

Funny how much specific player MUs matter in these sorts of things. Crews is so complicated haha.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'll just 3-stock Shiz again and then the crew isn't so tough :troll:

But in all seriousness that's a really good lineup. I wanna say we'd win but I'm really not sure. Normally we can throw Kage at weird people like Samus but Plup is really good vs strange characters AFAIK and beat Kage in their MM so one of our arbitrary CPs to weirdness is gone...

Funny how much specific player MUs matter in these sorts of things. Crews is so complicated haha.
It depends on the CP but this is crews as well, that nervousness. =)

D

Deleted member

merck *****, hes a really chill dude, but i dont think hes top 10 in socal, especially if we count the "inactive" ppl that still **** like hugs macd alex19 etc.
merc is really ****ing good its a shame i gave him one of my worst controllers

==

but whether he belongs there from tourney results UP TO U

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Why do I keep forgetting Linguini?

Okay, Hungrybox, Colbol, Shiz, Plup, Linguini.

Definitely a powerhouse of a crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom