• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats with people and Honor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I wont sidebet more than 20 on anyone since im not playing and Random *** marth? LOL

Hes the best zss in case you havent caught it yet.
Mlg 2-0ed ksizzle, 1-2 vs adhd last hit, 2-0ed redhalberd, 2-0ed me, 2-0ed tyrant etc.

I however will mm your falco for any amount of money.
Co18 he knows who Riddle is, he be trollin'

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
without honor this game is just straight up 100% flaming homosexuality, and it's already gay as it is with honor.

inb4"whothe****areyou?gtfonub".
QFT

10chars

sunshade

Smash Ace
MLG, and just about everyone in the community.

its not like this is a business. this is a game, fun is absolutely critical
Fun is not what this is about. The message the Orion is trying to get by (or at least what I think he is) is that there is an advantage to be had from playing multiple characters and that we should use this advantage more often.

He then goes on to say that we should use all our advantages such as planking, camping, etc. It is to our advantage to use any and all options if we are playing to win. There is no reason to allow our ideals of how the game "should" be played to interfere with our task of achieving victory and displaying who is the better player.

This may not be fun, however if fun is our goal than we should alter the rules so that the most advantageous option is also the "fun" option. People hate getting timed out and watching others get timed out (I find it hilarious myself and don't mind being timed out or timing others out) instead of choosing not to play to our advantage and time others out we should change the rules to make timing someone out a poor choice.

For example if timing someone out resulted in the person with the lead losing the match and the person behind being DQ'd we would see an end of all time outs. There is no incentive to time someone out due to you losing the match however if you are behind there is incentive to approach so you do not get DQ'd. The leader would not abuse the lead by running the clock because it would result in a loss and the person behind will approach to remove the chance of being DQ'd. We as a result get the positive advantage of having a timer (forcing approaches so combat actually occurs) but we lose the disadvantage (time outs/camping).

Note: I am not saying we should implement that rule I am simply saying that we should allow players to play the game to its limit and use the best possible option. If those options happen to be boring than we should change how the game is played using rule/stage policy (such the way MLG has).

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I wont sidebet more than 20 on anyone since im not playing and Random *** marth? LOL

Hes the best zss in case you havent caught it yet.
Mlg 2-0ed ksizzle, 1-2 vs adhd last hit, 2-0ed redhalberd, 2-0ed me, 2-0ed tyrant etc.

I however will mm your falco for any amount of money.
learn to play against ZSS?
and my bad i thought he was that FL marth that did decently at mlg

CO18

Smash Hero
learn to play against ZSS?
and my bad i thought he was that FL marth that did decently at mlg
Ima lol when u lose even with ur like 80:20 mu.
looking like snakee repeat "florida cant shield" when he loses to mero
Guess ksizzle and tyrant and wyatt and whoever else cant. Noone can

anyway time to sleep

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I know its not ALL about fun. we have been debating 2 different points.

1. the fun vs. no fun

2. using every possible advantage to your advantage or not.

I was arguing that fun does need to be part of a game for it to be competitive or worth playing.

as for the using everything to your advantage...

I disagree with picking up multiple characters as an advantage. I see it as a disadvantage after 2-3 characters. my entire argument was this.

I don't care for "gay"tactics

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Pretty pointless thread. This is all common sense but people choose to stick with who they're good with because most people (who aren't Azen or Ninjalink) would suck if they had to distribute their efforts across the board like that. They also wouldn't have that added "skill boost" that they would with one/two/three characters tops. For example, I play a pretty good MK and Diddy, and I save them as pocket secondaries because they are not as good as my Peach whom I've invested tons of hours into developing. So I just use Diddy to fight MK and MK to fight Falco while I use Peach against everyone else. She's my go-to character because I'm confident that I can do well with her, and she's borderline singularly tourney viable except for MK ****** her, hence where Diddy comes in.

But yeah...pointless thread. The concept has been around long enough for people to acknowledge it, but no one is obligated to act on it. And as CO18 said...just prove your own point and **** everyone with your own example, all inactivity johns aside, make time, do it.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
***** this is tactical thread. TACTICAL. TACTICAL i am giving you a strategy to win. why are you forcing your view of **** onto this whole entire board. people are here to win.
What's the point of listening to someone who is bad at the game talk strategy?

:bee:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····

because the best people at this game do it subconsciously and can't explain the concept.

(not this specific concept but generally)

sunshade

Smash Ace

A new player makes a statement about brawl. The statement is true.

A pro player makes a statement about brawl. The statement is false.

The best choice would be to say that we should not listen to someone bad at the game and follow the pro players statement.

lol at whole thread.

1) Play you who want to play as
2) Have fun
3) Care not about winning
4) Laugh when you beat people who care about match-up points in anyway

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Matchups are not defined. For any that are widely regarded as poor matchups, you can bet that the player knows how to play it. If you have the time to practice up as many characters as Azen, go ahead. Otherwise, treating character select like turn-based rock-paper-scissors is going to end in massive failure for you.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Because if someone is wrecking you with a character, it's sometimes better to go with your main than a matchup the person is not only familiar with, but then it's still their main (Keep in mind you already lost using your main) versus a character that you don't even play as well.

Not saying counterpicking is worthless, but very often it's better to just stick with your main.

In addition, playing to win isn't a negative thing but most people are smart enough to realize they aren't going to win the big prize, so they might as well use who they want.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Fun is subjective.

I like playing if characters I'm comfortable with, if that's scrubby oh well you can take my money any day when I lose because of it.

Kole

Smash Lord
Did *orion really call nick riddle a random *** marth and **** talk co18?

da fawk?

Orion*

Smash Researcher

But yeah...pointless thread. The concept has been around long enough for people to acknowledge it, but no one is obligated to act on it. And as CO18 said...just prove your own point and **** everyone with your own example, all inactivity johns aside, make time, do it.
i never said you where obligated, and this thread isnt really about me, i can make suggestions without having to be active

Matchups are not defined. For any that are widely regarded as poor matchups, you can bet that the player knows how to play it. If you have the time to practice up as many characters as Azen, go ahead. Otherwise, treating character select like turn-based rock-paper-scissors is going to end in massive failure for you.
matchups arent defined, but you can not deny some are ridiculously and obviously one sided. im saying whatever your capacity is for picking up characters, then you should do it.

Did *orion really call nick riddle a random *** marth and **** talk co18?

da fawk?
i didnt **** talk him, i just said his characters suck and id mm him. and w/e i havent heard of nick or w/e. marth, ZSS, d3 ill just **** them, unviable characters

I will laugh really hard if the person who made this thread is massively trolling us all.
that would be pretty funny :laugh: sadly, im not

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Luigi's up smash has longer range(and not to mention kills earlier), down smash can be legit if it isn't diminished like it usually is.

The only appeal to Mario is his aerial mobility.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Luigi's up smash has longer range(and not to mention kills earlier), down smash can be legit if it isn't diminished like it usually is.

The only appeal to Mario is his aerial mobility.
luigis aerial mobility is to slow for me to enjoy him as much as i want to, but when you get a string of reads going its soooo crazy. ive been playing him for fun a lot recently

do you beat nado with any ground moves reasonably? i know at least u/fsmash beat it but i never play any good weegees, so it never really gets done im not sure how viable an option they are. i usually just end up running away =/= powershielding it and i hate that. its so much better to punish someone for it, even if its 1% than nothing otherwise it becomes spammable since the worst that happens to them is a reset in position

BigLøu

Smash Lord
luigis aerial mobility is to slow for me to enjoy him as much as i want to, but when you get a string of reads going its soooo crazy. ive been playing him for fun a lot recently

do you beat nado with any ground moves reasonably? i know at least u/fsmash beat it but i never play any good weegees, so it never really gets done im not sure how viable an option they are. i usually just end up running away =/= powershielding it and i hate that. its so much better to punish someone for it, even if its 1% than nothing otherwise it becomes spammable since the worst that happens to them is a reset in position
The only realiable options vs nado as luigi is to time the upsmash well or to nair from the top. Not sure about any other ways.

link2702

Smash Champion
because, maybe, JUST maybe, some folks still want to have what little bit of "fun" is barely left in this game. its still, at its core, a video game, and video games are meant to be fun, not mearly just a competition, and not just another way to make money, yes winning the money is nice, but if i just tier whored with charaacters i don't have fun playing as, just to win some money, then why bother playing if i'm not having fun? hell i've got a JOB! to make money, i play the game to have fun, not as a sorce of income, also some folks like the challenge of using a character that isn't top tier or high tier, and seeing how far they can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom