• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats with people and Honor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player 7

Smash Cadet
tripping 60 :40 luigi
chu dat 100 :0 inui
kalla 100 : 0 inui
megamegaman 100 $ : 0$ you
this topic sux
vsonic da bess
yea troll
yea
**** yea

walker935

Smash Rookie
I'm not exactly sure what your point is. Are you saying we should all play top tiers and forget about the rest of the cast? This game may be broken but that doesn't mean upper mid or even mid tier characters can compete if you know your characters do's and don'ts. I don't know how to play any of the higher tier characters besides Kirby and I would probably do worse if I used one as a counter pick just because "this character has an advantage over this character.

NNID
Budget_Player
I just basically read the first post

and saw the zss winning comment

in nickriddle's defense.....

people have tried Cping him falco, quite a few actually.

they just lose cause he really knows that matchup, and it's not their mains to know it so well.

so... its not always so free to just CP anyone and win cuz of a bad MU.
Of course not. If you go up against a top pro player and CP the hardest matchup for that player's character, if that player is actually good and not just riding his character's strengths because he never gets counterpicked, you will have to be better than him because he will know the matchup. This just seems like logic.

Yeah well Ally is just...

Dammit.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
wtf!? I leave for a month and this thread is still going on. Why doesn't it just die! (retorical, do not answer).
my threads are amazing broooo
it metamorphosed obv.
metasizing doesnt mean anything thee core arfument is still the same as what i had done before so no you can stop with that
Of course not. If you go up against a top pro player and CP the hardest matchup for that player's character, if that player is actually good and not just riding his character's strengths because he never gets counterpicked, you will have to be better than him because he will know the matchup. This just seems like logic.
well obviously if you suck with a char an jus throw em out there in the wins d with no practice or nything you wouldnt get like that good of u result so i figured that wud be sum common sense but i figr as much time as i put into this game and thread u guys would understand what im talkin bout na mean

C) Orion, the trick is to get so good, you can beat almost anyone with any character you choose. That's what I did! :laugh::laugh:
i have a marth phobia go away lmfao.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I'm not exactly sure what your point is. Are you saying we should all play top tiers and forget about the rest of the cast? This game may be broken but that doesn't mean upper mid or even mid tier characters can compete if you know your characters do's and don'ts. I don't know how to play any of the higher tier characters besides Kirby and I would probably do worse if I used one as a counter pick just because "this character has an advantage over this character.
o.o I could have sworn I've this somewhere before.:laugh:
wtf!? I leave for a month and this thread is still going on. Why doesn't it just die! (retorical, do not answer).
^^^^^^
There isn't a great breakthrough in this thread. I'll come back when he has discovered wavedashing. :psycho:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Everyone dissing +/-/even BB like this is pretty sad.

Tell me, where are your tournament results. :(
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274321

Theres mine...
(Im Goggles btw.)

My problem with Brawl is its crappy balance

Say what you will about Brawl+'s gameplay and mission statement, but failing or refusing to recognize the numerous balance improvements from Brawl in Brawl+ is an insult to the efforts of the entire B+ BR.

1. To be quite honest, I really dont feel like B+ is THAT much more balenced then normal brawl. Ganon still gets kited by half the cast and kirby can still bair every thing in existence. Some of the changes, while seeming good at the outset come together in strange ways to make somethings wayy too overpowered. Case in point. For some reason people thought it was a good idea to make hitlag non-existant again, which isnt a huge issue. Than people wanted hitstun so they could combo again. Once again, not a huge deal. But take the fact that its now 10 times harder to DI out of pikachus down smash, add in the fact that he can can combo with it, and then let him keep his uber strong normal brawl thunder and all of a sudden you have a like 5 frame move that you can pretty much do anytime you want that comboes into a kill shot thunder at like 60. They had good intentions but when you make so many changes, stuff is going to inadvertantly get jacked up.

2. the only balence improvements that I can see in B+ is that it made jigglypuff as good as she was in melee and ganon slightly less rapable, but Id be very willing to wager that once again because of some goofy combination of factors, theres characters in that game now that are just as bad as ganon and puff in normal brawl.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, I meant larger tournaments, not just local, or at least more than one. It takes more than one tournament to convince some people, haha. (I've been there, it made me sad :[) As in, not just small side tournaments with people who barely, or never play B+.

What characters feel like vBRAWL GANON or PUFF to you? rofl, I don't think we could've left a character in B+ THAT bad. An arguable character is someone like Mario maybe, but even he doesn't feel that bad. (We don't have many Marios' in tournament to begin with, it's a sad thing.)

Slashy

Smash Lord
There is not enough evidence at this time to suggest that any character is terrible to the point of not being tournament viable.

Especially since no Brawl+ tournaments have shown any large preference towards any particular character.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Thats kind of my point. You say that its more balenced, yet every character hasnt been tested in a tournament setting so you cant really know for sure how all the changes you made would play out in a competitive envioronment.

I have yet to see anybody play bowser, samus, or yoshi seriously or at all in B+.

Slashy

Smash Lord
What characters feel like vBRAWL GANON or PUFF to you? rofl, I don't think we could've left a character in B+ THAT bad. An arguable character is someone like Mario maybe, but even he doesn't feel that bad. (We don't have many Marios' in tournament to begin with, it's a sad thing.)

Wulfy07

Smash Apprentice
stop being honorable people and make characters that have 7:3 or worse matchups be forced to play them.

there is literally no reason why everyone doesnt have a pocket ics, falco, D3, snake, mk, essentially all top and high tier characters that just absolutely **** 90% of the cast.

i see so many people play characters like fox in tournament, and stay mk, or go snake or something and im like wtf is wrong you. go ice climbers and double blind that ******, fox is not viable. or you see someone go D3, GO FALCO. i dont really see how a lot of characters make it out of pools, they are unviable as mains.

i see san winning with ike. WHERE ARE THE OLIMARS. char is mad easy to play, and 99-1s ike. not to knock san, hes an amazing player. i see yoshis and ZSS's place, where are the falcos? i see GaWs place, where are the diddy kongs?!?

if there is a character that has a 7:3 or harder matchup, you have no excuse to lose to them, at least on your cp. get your pocket top tiers out, time people out, and show people how gay this game is. kthnxbai
Yoshi has almost all even match ups. Also, just because a match is 7:3, that doesn't mean a character is not viable. There are no characters in brawl that are not viable except (and don't flam me Ganons) Ganondorf. However, even so, you can win a local tournament with Ganondorf. Just look at the tournament win thread. Everyone has one at least one tournament (except Jiggs last I checked).

Your theory is preposterous and takes theory crafting to the point of being the complete definition of the results of a tournament. If this is true, first, second and third place should always be Metaknight because over a big tournament all other characters should meet a hard counter and lose.

NNID
Budget_Player
Yoshi has almost all even match ups. Also, just because a match is 7:3, that doesn't mean a character is not viable.
If the 7 is almost everywhere in the metagame? Yes, yes it is (Luigi, for example).

There are no characters in brawl that are not viable except (and don't flam me Ganons) Ganondorf.
Wrong.
However, even so, you can win a local tournament with Ganondorf. Just look at the tournament win thread. Everyone has one at least one tournament (except Jiggs last I checked).
Because not everyone is even decent at smash/willing to CP sheik and needle->whip for 8 minutes.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
this is when i stopped reading
He said a "local", I don't find it impossible, remember we don't have legitimate sheik and IC players everywhere.

Not happening around me of course, my locals top 10 looks similar to a national's top 10 (NY tri-state is like that, as I'm sure you're aware)... well unless a Ganondorf player that's as skilled as Ally appears.

ToiletHumor

Smash Rookie
brawl+ takes so much skill. thats why ally who rarely if ever plays it beats all you guys who sit at home practicing in brawl+.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
brawl+ takes so much skill. thats why ally who rarely if ever plays it beats all you guys who sit at home practicing in brawl+.
How do you even know he doesn't practice it? Ally is good. There's no questioning that. Brawl+ is similar to Brawl, so why wouldn't he be good at it? It would only make sense. =/

iirc this isn't ally's first time playing in tournament either.

Thing I don't like about the skill talk is how people make it sound like B+ takes less skill than Brawl, which I simply CANNOT believe. If that's what people are implying, then they must be crazy.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dude, youre game is hella easy, Ally has admitted on countless occasions that he never plays + outside of tourneys.

I dont play +outside of random tourneys and stupid free for alls like once every other month, and I still got 2nd in a B+ tourney.

Second mind you, to a guy that hasnt played + since SNES, which was about 10 months ago.

your game blows and its the freest thing Ive ever played. I have people in YOUR BR telling me that the game is awful, and I have yet to have one person tell me that its harder to play + than normal brawl.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
For one, it isn't MY game, I'm not even in the B+ BR anymore for whatever reason, I mainly work on Project M.

Two, I can't really get anything out of the fact that you've placed high in LOCAL tournaments, since B+'s scene isn't as large as Brawl's is, besides the fact that you're better than, well, locals. I myself am in the same position, I don't even think I'm that good, and I play a pretty easy character.

All you're doing is bashing B+ for no good reason and trolling, like half the people that think the same way you do. =/ Though we do have some of the same people that defend B+.

And wait, who in the B+ BR thinks B+ is awful? They wouldn't (or shouldn't) be on the team then.

EDIT: Also Ally sucks, he got two stocked by EUGENELOL. ROFL

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I have a myriad of highly valid reasons for bashing B+.

and im not trolling at all what so ever, im just being dead honest that the game is easy as hell and FAR less complicated than brawl is normally.

I would assume that the person that told me that B+ sucks would like to keep his position in the BR, so im not going to disclose the name of said person.

but honestly, for all intents and purposes, the game(s) is(are) bad. I include +,-. and (supposedly) balenced in that statement as well.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Well so far that's not what you're making me think. =/

It's starting to feel like because Ally says B+ is easy people take it off as true. I'm seeing posts from Game***s, IGN, etc, some even with links to his post saying the same thing. It's very irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom