• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats with people and Honor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Meta Knight is top tier.us I'm not sure how much more "gay" that can get.

Now I'm not against your opinion but I'm not sure why you have to push your views on to every else. If winning is all you cared about (which is why you pay moner to go into a tournament) then by all means do what you said to everone who believe in this "honor."

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Meta Knight is top tier.us I'm not sure how much more "gay" that can get.

"
hes OVERall the gayest. but he doesnt wreck every character, im telling you to play more top tiers so you can just pick the worst MU for you opponent

If winning is all you cared about (which is why you pay moner to go into a tournament) then by all means do what you said to everone who believe in this "honor."
***** this is tactical thread. TACTICAL. TACTICAL i am giving you a strategy to win. why are you forcing your view of **** onto this whole entire board. people are here to win.

Teh Future

Smash Master
there is literally no reason why everyone doesnt have a pocket ics, falco, D3, snake, mk, essentially all top and high tier characters that just absolutely **** 90% of the cast.
none of those characters have 70-30 matchups with 90% of the cast lol

i see so many people play characters like fox in tournament, and stay mk, or go snake or something and im like wtf is wrong you. go ice climbers and double blind that ******, fox is not viable. or you see someone go D3, GO FALCO. i dont really see how a lot of characters make it out of pools, they are unviable as mains.
I have seen fox beat good ice climber players. not to mention the time it takes to learn IC is ******** and you could just the learn the machup with your main in 1/10 of the time and do better. I have not seen D3 beat falco but I also dont think Ive ever seen that played.

i see san winning with ike. WHERE ARE THE OLIMARS. char is mad easy to play, and 99-1s ike. not to knock san, hes an amazing player. i see yoshis and ZSS's place, where are the falcos? i see GaWs place, where are the diddy kongs?!?
ive seen Ike beat good Olimar mains. Ive seen zss beat falco mains.

if there is a character that has a 7:3 or harder matchup, you have no excuse to lose to them, at least on your cp. get your pocket top tiers out, time people out, and show people how gay this game is. kthnxbai
u mad?

I can play like 3/4ths of the cast a lot closer to my main than most people can, and this idea is ********.

but good trolling.

CO18

Smash Hero
Well then why arent you taking your own advice and ****** everyone that doesnt main mk

Orion*

Smash Researcher
none of those characters have 70-30 matchups with 90% of the cast lol
the point is you pick the one with the BEST matchup for you at the time. god youre slow

I have seen fox beat good ice climber players. not to mention the time it takes to learn IC is ******** and you could just the learn the machup with your main in 1/10 of the time and do better. I have not seen D3 beat falco but I also dont think Ive ever seen that played.
i beat m2k with falcon. doesnt really mean that i couldnt have picked mk and done the same.

I can play like 3/4ths of the cast a lot closer to my main than most people can, and this idea is ********.
not really, especially in your case. im giving you the divine reason to expand your horizon and learn to win sets against good players

oh yeah and, ics cgs ARE NOT HARD.

Well then why arent you taking your own advice and ****** everyone that doesnt main mk
****** i have school saturdays or i would be, i dont even know why they rank me in NJ im inactive as ****

Teh Future

Smash Master
how bout this. you go beat san w/ olimar, Co18 w/ falco, Zeton w/ ICs, Nick Riddle w/ falco, and UTD Zac w/ diddy. i would put yoshi vs falco but it there any good yoshis lol? I doubt you could beat most of them w/ falco anyways unless you already main lolco

have fun.

also u mad

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Glad to see that 2.5 years after release absolutely nothing has changed in Brawl Tactical Discussion.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
how bout this. you go beat san w/ olimar, Co18 w/ falco, Zeton w/ ICs, Nick Riddle w/ falco, and UTD Zac w/ diddy. i would put yoshi vs falco but it there any good yoshis lol? I doubt you could beat most of them w/ falco anyways unless you already main lolco
i would happily mm all of them in all of those matchups minus UTD with gaw, id prolly use mk for GaW, its still a bad MU. idk who zeton is though, rofl. irregardles, i dont really see how using me as an example works at all, there is no negative effects to learning more chars for gayer cps.

edit: who is nick riddle?

fkacyan

Smash Hero

have fun.

also u mad
I'll take side bets for Orion against any ZSS main for any amount of money, if any of this actually happens.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
<3 This thread but...

lazy johns

Actually... I remember a set with Malcolm and Atomsk.

Game 1: Malcolm 2 stocks Atomsk's MK. MK is Wario's hardest matchup.
Game 2 & 3: Atomsk goes D3 and wins.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with the line of thought but you'd better be completly confident in your ability to viably win with your chosen CP. Just because a character has a 70:30 MU on your opponent doesn't mean you will win if you don't actually know what you're doing. You can do it, and I do. But you have to have actually prepared in advance or you're done for. No free rides.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I agree with the line of thought but you'd better be completly confident in your ability to viably win with your chosen CP. Just because a character has a 70:30 MU on your opponent doesn't mean you will win if you don't actually know what you're doing. You can do it, and I do. But you have to have actually prepared in advance or you're done for. No free rides.
well yes obviously. you just dont pick up mk mid tournament and **** with him.... well wait i did :laugh:

*fixes*

you dont just pick up ics for the first time and **** with them :).

there are no free rides, and you should learn all of your matchups with all of your mains, but that doesnt mean that we shouldnt cp you lol

sunshade

Smash Ace

have fun.

also u mad
Thats not the point. This thread is calling out the way in which players purposely limit themselves to fulfill a set of ideals.

The goal of competitive brawl is to win. Players frown upon most of the best options to achieve this suck as planking, camping, timing others out, and counterpicking to an unwinnable match-up.

Orion*'s personal ability to beat the best using his own suggestion is irrelevant. Basketball players with improper technique don't call their coach out by saying "if you think I should shoot the ball that way why dont you go pro?" they accept the validity of the suggestion.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I personally don't like this idea.

I run the risk of losing my already hard earned skill with my current and first main. you also suggest that we learn a ridiculous amount of characters. no one can play that many characters and retain the same amount of skill with your best main.

youre suggesting we learn....

MK
Marth
DDD
falco
Diddy
G&W
ICS
Olimar
sheik
ZSS
Falcon
pikachu
and yoshi

this idea is ridiculous

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

I run the risk of losing my already hard earned skill with my current and first main. you also suggest that we learn a ridiculous amount of characters. no one can play that many characters and retain the same amount of skill with your best main.

MK
Marth
DDD
falco
G&W
ICS
Olimar
sheik
ZSS
Falcon
pikachu
and yoshi

this idea is ridiculous
Uh, for what Match up, exactly? o.o

Orion*

Smash Researcher
who said you had to learn all of them you ***?

learn as many as you can, and if you can learn all of them, THEN DO! there is no draw back. if you can only play one character, then thats fine to, but i feel that people are limiting themselves.

fkacyan

Smash Hero

MK
Marth
DDD
falco
G&W
ICS
Olimar
sheik
ZSS
Falcon
pikachu
and yoshi

this idea is ridiculous
Actually all you need is, like

MK, D3, Falco, ICs, and maybe Pikachu

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
MK - for lower tiers, not EXACTLY sure probably ivy
Marth - for ness/lucas and squirtle
DDD - for DK
falco - for D3
Diddy - for G&W apparently to you
G&W - for Jiggs
ICS - for fox
Olimar - for ike
sheik - for Ganon
ZSS - for fox (repeat)
Falcon - for Rob
pikachu - for falco wolf and fox
and yoshi - wario (not really)
10characters

CO18

Smash Hero
K, MM me with falco, u going to columbus? And how do you not know zeton or nick riddle lol.

And ill take that bet thiocyanide. Of nick vs him

-RedX-

Smash Lord
But it's pretty convenient to just learn one character, right?
At least that's how I'll think about it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
who said you had to learn all of them you ***?

learn as many as you can, and if you can learn all of them, THEN DO! there is no draw back. if you can only play one character, then thats fine to, but i feel that people are limiting themselves.
being amazing at MK > being competent at all high tiers, any time you get off MK you run the risk of being gay CP'd yourself as well

I think MK mains should second characters like falco or DDD for their easy CP's, but IC's take so much time to get the grabs down that it seems pretty pointless to me

Orion*

Smash Researcher
K, MM me with falco, u going to columbus? And how do you not know zeton or nick riddle lol.

And ill take that bet thionacide. Of nick vs him
youre obviously scared of my falcon, its okay.

and idk, i have school, but ill let you know.

being amazing at MK > being competent at all high tiers, any time you get off MK you run the risk of being gay CP'd yourself as well

I think MK mains should second characters like falco or DDD for their easy CP's, but IC's take so much time to get the grabs down that it seems pretty pointless to me
ic grabs arent hard. and thats fine, im just suggesting we all learn more chars

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
ic grabs arent hard. and thats fine, im just suggesting we all learn more chars
1. tell that to people who are bad at repeated mind dulling actions like ICs chain grabs.

2. too many characters imo

TP

Smash Master
i would happily mm all of them in all of those matchups minus UTD with gaw, id prolly use mk for GaW, its still a bad MU. idk who zeton is though, rofl. irregardles, i dont really see how using me as an example works at all, there is no negative effects to learning more chars for gayer cps.

edit: who is nick riddle?
This made me laugh. How can you talk down to the community if you apparently don't follow it at all? Zeton's the best Fox, and Nick Riddle got top 10 at MLG. Did you know that Brawl got picked up at MLG, by the way? While we're on that subject, character diversity is absolutely essential for Brawl to be fun to watch for outsiders. Fun to watch is a requirement for staying on MLG. If our community gayed out everyone who did not use a top tier, we wouldn't be back on MLG next year and we wouldn't get their 70 grand.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
who cares about fun. what is this garbage
MLG, and just about everyone in the community.

its not like this is a business. this is a game, fun is absolutely critical

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
winning is fun imo
it needs to be fun regardless of winning.

people still attend tournaments that M2K, Ally, and ADHD go to even though they stand almost no chance of beating them

CO18

Smash Hero
winning is fun imo

only 20? :[

not to confident in whoever this nick riddle person is LOL. random *** um. marth right?
I wont sidebet more than 20 on anyone since im not playing and Random *** marth? LOL

Hes the best zss in case you havent caught it yet.
Mlg 2-0ed ksizzle, 1-2 vs adhd last hit, 2-0ed redhalberd, 2-0ed me, 2-0ed tyrant etc.

I however will mm your falco for any amount of money.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
what's this $mm?

I'll get in on this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom