• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that wavedashing is cheap, but if you can't win without using L-Cancelling and wavedashing and fancy stuff like that, then you really aren't that good. I know how to use those techniques, but I rarely, if ever, use them, and I've won two tournaments.
WTH kinda tournament where you in? Go play brawl where there aren't any A-T's.

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
"OMG melee takes no skill at all, can we play brawl i at least want to have a game where ATs means something"

Says my cousin as he gets 0 to death combod as i predict his marths 500th forawrd smash of that match.

Sygmus

Smash Cadet
Aw man, I've got some good Brawl ones for this, but seeing as this is a Melee forum...

"Pichu is just like Pikachu, right?" ...No comment needed.

My brother and I were watching Survivor when I point out Ken and say he's the champion of Melee. My brother immediately says "I could take him."

Ah heck, I'll throw in my Brawl ones. I asked my roommate to stop running away with Sonic, and he said "No, you'll beat me." A different friend mains Ike, but calls it a glitch when he uses Dair off the edge and can't recover. And still another friend called me "the king of Smash." Frankly, I'm not great, my friends are just not as good at competitive play.

TidalWave

Smash Apprentice
"Wait, you use the ****ing C-stick?!? Thats cheating!" - yes, someone did say this

"Marth's counter is useless compared to Roy's"

"Samus is by far the best character in the game."

"Have you unlocked Sonic yet?" - before any of us knew Sonic was going to be in SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom