• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
isn't that what invincible has always been known as? every game where you're invincible you can't take damage.

and really don't rely on the translation on giga bowser. "He must be invincible" is probably a translation error. maybe in japanese it says "He IS invincible"
well possibly and i definitely thought he wouldve been immune to taking damage unless they hadnt said the thing about needling him with small attacks to throw him off balance. so maybe he techincally is unkillable by attacks but hes not immune to damage (kinda like a master hand without a breaking point)

Del Money

Smash Champion
They also said you cant do that.
i meant being unable to throw him off-balance by needling him with small attacks...sorry my reading/ediing has been really terrible in the last 2 days... but still, i figure you can hit him with small attacks and theyll rack up damage but they wont phase him (induce a knockback affect) either at all or until hella high damage like 500% or something. once again Sakurai's vagueness screws Del Money over again. oh well...

Fawriel

Smash Master
It doesn't mean anything that in every other game, "invincibility" means that you don't take damage... how many other games do you know in which you are ALWAYS practically invincible and have to be thrown off the stage to be KO'd?

I believe he still takes damage but can't be stunned or thrown off-stage.

Del Money

Smash Champion
It doesn't mean anything that in every other game, "invincibility" means that you don't take damage... how many other games do you know in which you are ALWAYS practically invincible and have to be thrown off the stage to be KO'd?

I believe he still takes damage but can't be stunned or thrown off-stage.
basically what i tried to say..except it took me many posts...oh well high post count ftw

music or special moves or how-to-play update ftw

Sandy

Smash Champion
I thought DK's Final Smash was kind of dumb at first, but only because in every picture everyone is still alive. How good can a smash be if they don't die instantly? I was tryin to think of a final smash, and this is probably the best idea for him anyway.

They could've done something like where DK starts spinning so fast he creates a tornado thing and then he jumps out and punches their *** repeatedly.

bored

Smash Ace
I think DKs FS would have been better if he started pounding the ground causing the stage to rumble and stun all the foes...umm.. yeah that sounds stupid but I like it better than bongos...

Del Money

Smash Champion
I think DKs FS would have been better if he started pounding the ground causing the stage to rumble and stun all the foes...umm.. yeah that sounds stupid but I like it better than bongos...
play as DK and press down+B while not airborne

bored

Smash Ace
Me no pay attention to other characters moveset..
I rarely use anyone other then link, peach, jiggs, and falco

Del Money

Smash Champion
Me no pay attention to other characters moveset..
I rarely use anyone other then link, peach, jiggs, and falco
you are meaning to tell me that youve never seen a CPU DK pound the ground before in melee....you ****ing idiotic ninny...oh congrats on 200 by the way

good update ftw

bored

Smash Ace
you are meaning to tell me that youve never seen a CPU DK pound the ground before in melee....you ****ing idiotic ninny...oh congrats on 200 by the way

good update ftw
I saw what you guys meant but I was thinking the whole stage would shake instead of the characters around you, and that would send them flying...:ohwell:

Del Money

Smash Champion
I saw what you guys meant but I was thinking the whole stage would shake instead of the characters around you, and that would send them flying...:ohwell:
the stage does shake (well the screen does anyways). it only just HURTs characters around you. honestly...id prefer GigaDK to an uber powerful ground pound

bored

Smash Ace
the stage does shake (well the screen does anyways). it only just HURTs characters around you. honestly...id prefer GigaDK to an uber powerful ground pound
oops lol I thought the petition on your sig was for brawl xD

Del Money

Smash Champion
oops lol I thought the petition on your sig was for brawl xD
nope its for Sonic 2006 to come to PC. did you sign it by accident? cuz if so it was no accident...everything happens for a reason haha
i thought it was cool, i mean, what else could DK have had... besides a Giga Ground Slap
how about surrounding a given large area with barrels and doing a barrel blast out of multiple barrels?

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
So, what, now every character deserves a Giga form? Good luck with that.
And did anyone notice that in every shot, the opponents barely move?

Del Money

Smash Champion
So, what, now every character deserves a Giga form? Good luck with that.
obviously, i wasnt even ****ing serious. so just relax dammit
And did anyone notice that in every shot, the opponents barely move?
perhaps that pink bubble in the 2nd pic just holds them in place...or perhaps mario, wario, and fox are just way to close to avoid getting owned

Roy Dynasty

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai warns not to activite this on a moving stage. Does that make DK the only one so far who has this disadvantage? It's a pretty major one, seeing as how he can't use Final Smashes on those stages (like his own!). Maybe Mario has the same disadvantage.

Ash Hol

Smash Apprentice
i like this idea. i wonder what kind of damage it will give. but this kinda makes me think that links FS wont freeze the rest of the characters and hes invinsible when he does it.

Del Money

Smash Champion
you guys need to think more rationally:

1. you can hardly deduce that much from 4 images instead of a clip showing the full DK FS sequence
2. i think mario, wario, and fox were that close anyway when DK whipped out the drums. it wouldve been more possible if fox, mario, and wario were it different screen positions in the first image while the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stayed the same

NukeA6

Smash Master
Ew, Dk. That FS is so gay.
I don't think DK's FS is horrible but I do agree it's disapointing. DK was always known as hand-to-hand type of guy. Now he can pull out bongos? That's not the DK I know.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Everyone cool uses drums. Even the Rock has used drums in one of the movies he was featured in. Heck, even Elvis Presley used drums for a song Bossa Nova Baby in the movie Fun in Acapulco. It was that movie or Blue Hawaii, I need to watch them movies more often.

EDIT:

It was Fun in Acapulco:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W-yZifpgCR0

EDIT2:

And because you're all so cool, here's one of the most beautiful songs of Elvis Presley, and one of my favourites:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1z81r_young-and-beautiful-2_music

Sandy

Smash Champion
DK's Final Smash also means we can expect a DK Bongo for the Wii. I'm pretty sure clones are not returning with all of their old moves. People complained about Luigi being a clone in the first SSB. Nintendo fixed it in Melee. I have a hunch that all the "cloned" characters, if they return, will have a different move set.

And here's an idea: maybe when you play through all the modes with pikachu you're given the chance to evolve him (only once) and this will determine different attacks for him and speed.

(Raichu = Slower, Stronger Pikachu = Faster, weaker)

What do you say?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
DK's Final Smash also means we can expect a DK Bongo for the Wii. I'm pretty sure clones are not returning with all of their old moves. People complained about Luigi being a clone in the first SSB. Nintendo fixed it in Melee. I have a hunch that all the "cloned" characters, if they return, will have a different move set.

And here's an idea: maybe when you play through all the modes with pikachu you're given the chance to evolve him (only once) and this will determine different attacks for him and speed.

(Raichu = Slower, Stronger Pikachu = Faster, weaker)

What do you say?
well the idea of evolving sounds interesting, especially the raichu idea but I think it's unlikely imo

Del Money

Smash Champion
@SandTiger
the DK Jet racing game (i think its codename has recently gotten changed) is coming out for the Wii and will require a bongo style motion for control. thats fine and dandy but id definitely prefer that any DK platforming adventure games are strictly classic DKC style gameplay...id prefer a DK platform game that actually friggin plays like a platform game for once. all analong stick and no bongo bull****
as for the melee clones, theyre definitely gonna be tweaked and decloned. clonage was one a the few complaints about melee

@Fawriel
how the hell did RDK get banned while you walked away untouched?

Del Money

Smash Champion
oh snap...Conents Under mother****ing Pressure is back. anyways yeah i called music too but special moves seems pretty possible as well

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
oh snap...Conents Under mother****ing Pressure is back. anyways yeah i called music too but special moves seems pretty possible as well
ya im back you can all retreat to your caves and eat pickled cucumbers while you flame me for posting random stupid sh*t lol im not too sure about special moves unless its like zamus special moves or i can go ethanrodgers for a minute: ZELDA SPECIAL MOVES FTW!

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I think updates range between 3-4 AM GMT -05 / North America EST so might as well just wait until after 4 am so then you don't have to waste so much time hitting F5 all night.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
s***, I just hope it turns out ti be a good week for updares, f*** music, I wan't stages, game modes, and character profiles (Snake!!)

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
s***, I just hope it turns out ti be a good week for updares, f*** music, I wan't stages, game modes, and character profiles (Snake!!)
lol i didnt say i wanted music, i just thought itd be likely, i want another character (we have been getting on every week) we got two stages last week so i dont know about this week, and we still need some clarification on "this world"

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
ya im back you can all retreat to your caves and eat pickled cucumbers while you flame me for posting random stupid sh*t lol im not too sure about special moves unless its like zamus special moves or i can go ethanrodgers for a minute: ZELDA SPECIAL MOVES FTW!

Amen. Maybe Music tonight.....but we all know what I hope for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom