• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
....What's Mario doing in ths first picture?
maybe it stuns them right when dk brings out the bongos

that will be a great fs then

also speculation about the flames on his arms in the last pic is now asking about a power up

i think that's false but it will be awesome

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yall needa shut the ****ing hell up. Donkey Kong is the bomb diggity, and he just sittin there, jammin his *** out, not giving a care about the bomb about to explode next to him.

I'm closing. Gangsta drums. and you wanted the update so badly, now you got it, so appreciate
^^^^^ Thank you! Stop being spoiled brats, we get something, and Sakurai is trying to bug us until we get the good stuff [that sounds wrong! XD]. Last week rocked, and I see by the end of the month two or three more veterans returning, the last of the confirmed newcomers confirmed, and then...then....then the best of the best! :)

The Director

Smash Lord
Just wanted to chime in on this DK update...

DK will be one of my mains, and to tell you the truth I'm a bit dissapointed...I was hoping for some sort of super punch or some sort of crazy DK berserker punch combo. The few other DK players and I would rather see more representation of his SNES days rather than...these crappy GC bongo game things.

Still, it's cool that he just chills out and jams while simultaneously using the power of music to destroy his foes. :cool:

Kamaji

Smash Ace
I think this is the worst final smash shown yet... It looks kinda useless compared to the rest, like hes reduced to a pokemon-like obstacle or something.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
You know what? LMAO! I think that update is insanly funny,almost as funny as Sakurai hiding the update tonight!@!@#!#! :laugh: :rotfl: He really need to bust that stunt more often,therefore,will be clicking though Game Modes and such trying to figure it out.:laugh:

In any event,its super clear now that Sakurai wants to keep characters in there personallity field.Now,can you imagine what kind of fireworks display Zelda's gonna show with hers?! Thats gonna be a sight to see for sure.Not to mention Mr.Fox McClouds.His would probably be something to rival Mario Sunshine with...And the words?

Fox's Final Smash: "Shine Get" :laugh: :laugh:

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I think Dragonboy strikes a good point. While DK's update might seem lame, it is a really fitting one. I mean, sure, people would expect something like a coconut gun, but you know what? That's not really DK specific. Seriously, replace the coconut gun with the cracker launcher, and you get the same idea.

See, if you look at each character so far having a BACON, you can see why they got that one.

Mario has a fire-based BACON, which is a logical choice, since most of his old attacks were fire-based. In fact, Mario is often associated with fire.

Link is always associated with his sword, so something involving a sword would be fitting. However, to give it a Zelda theme, he also has a Triforce appearing.

Kirby's is obvious. He pulls out a hat, which is something very Kirby, and uses his cook ability, a very rare ability in the Kirby games. Now, this one needs some quoting from Wikipedia:

"Practicing his culinary skills, Kirby throws every enemy on the screen, even defeated mini bosses, and cooks them, turning them into scrumptious food that restores health. This ability is rare, and is only able to be used once. It appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as Kirby's Final Smash move."

So it could be that this attack can suck in enemies. In Brawl, this could mean your opponents, or at least one, will be sucked in the pot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kirby_powers

Pikachu's BACON is a less obvious, but in the end, you can understand why he has this one. Volt Tackle actually is a move learned by Pichu, however, since Pichu can evolve into Pikachu, it was still a logical choice. Interestingly, Pichu could only get Volt Tackle when breeding with a Light Ball.

http://www.serebii.net/emerald/volttackle.shtml

Bowser can be a logical result of Giga Bowser's appearance. This might come from the cutscene in Super Smash Bros. Melee, when facing Giga Bowser in Adventure Mode.

Samus' BACON is the result of overcharging a beam, thus a logical choice.

So, if you deduct from all of this, DK using his bongos is the logical result of DK's persona.

Croco

Smash Lord
I think Dragonboy strikes a good point. While DK's update might seem lame, it is a really fitting one. I mean, sure, people would expect something like a coconut gun, but you know what? That's not really DK specific. Seriously, replace the coconut gun with the cracker launcher, and you get the same idea.

See, if you look at each character so far having a BACON, you can see why they got that one.

Mario has a fire-based BACON, which is a logical choice, since most of his old attacks were fire-based. In fact, Mario is often associated with fire.

Link is always associated with his sword, so something involving a sword would be fitting. However, to give it a Zelda theme, he also has a Triforce appearing.

Kirby's is obvious. He pulls out a hat, which is something very Kirby, and uses his cook ability, a very rare ability in the Kirby games. Now, this one needs some quoting from Wikipedia:

"Practicing his culinary skills, Kirby throws every enemy on the screen, even defeated mini bosses, and cooks them, turning them into scrumptious food that restores health. This ability is rare, and is only able to be used once. It appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as Kirby's Final Smash move."

So it could be that this attack can suck in enemies. In Brawl, this could mean your opponents, or at least one, will be sucked in the pot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kirby_powers

Pikachu's BACON is a less obvious, but in the end, you can understand why he has this one. Volt Tackle actually is a move learned by Pichu, however, since Pichu can evolve into Pikachu, it was still a logical choice. Interestingly, Pichu could only get Volt Tackle when breeding with a Light Ball.

http://www.serebii.net/emerald/volttackle.shtml

Bowser can be a logical result of Giga Bowser's appearance. This might come from the cutscene in Super Smash Bros. Melee, when facing Giga Bowser in Adventure Mode.

Samus' BACON is the result of overcharging a beam, thus a logical choice.

So, if you deduct from all of this, DK using his bongos is the logical result of DK's persona.

Ness- Something involving the "Sound Stone", I believe it gives him the power of the earth making him more powerful.
Captain Falcon- Might hop into the "Blue Falcon" and fly across the screen over and over again.
Peach- Obviously her Super Princess Peach "Rage" emotion would work very well.
Luigi-Something involving his vacuum or ghost from Luigi's Mansion.
Wario-This is still a big mystery.. It might be "The Purple Wind" a costume he transforms into in Wario: Master of Disguise.
Fox McCloud-Not to sure about this one.. maybe he can call for backup or something.
Princess Zelda-Something really really flashy. Might involve the sages or something.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Wario's moves surely must consist of garlic. Garlic has been his trademark item since Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land.

Fawriel

Smash Master
*sigh*
Told you you should've gone to bed.

I hope people will realize now that delay has nothing to do with the magnitude of an update.

Also, nobody can say how good this FS is. For all we know, it could make you do a rhythm mini-game requiring certain button presses and using it perfectly will practically win the game by killing everyone several times over or something.

There are three parts:

The playing.
The sound.
DK afterwards.

The playing seems to do damage ( see claps ). The sound probably does something, but not necessarily.
And it seems implied that he's stronger afterwards. Note that he seems to be in flames in the last image.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
*sigh*
Told you you should've gone to bed.

I hope people will realize now that delay has nothing to do with the magnitude of an update.

Also, nobody can say how good this FS is. For all we know, it could make you do a rhythm mini-game requiring certain button presses and using it perfectly will practically win the game by killing everyone several times over or something.

There are three parts:

The playing.
The sound.
DK afterwards.

The playing seems to do damage ( see claps ). The sound probably does something, but not necessarily.
And it seems implied that he's stronger afterwards. Note that he seems to be in flames in the last image.
Sariku.Uchiha was like "I WANT UPDATE!" for like.. 40 mins and I was telling him to calm down since it was going to be something disappointing.

But if it was Sonic like he was hoping.. It's better to under-estimate a game than to over-estimate it. (Halo 2 anyone? No?)

Lucky for me I'm more focused on what the update category is than what the actual update is.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I guess the guy who told me that DK's final smash would involve bongo drums is right. This is the worst Final Smash visually but has to be effective seeing it's an attack and powers up the gorilla.

To all those who stayed up for the update, go to sleep next time and wait for the updates in the morning.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I do think it's from Donkey Konga.

I mean, why else are the bongos connected and does it have a start button?

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I think it's more of a mix between DK64 and Donkey Konga, due to the fact that DK used damaging soundwaves of the bongos to attack enemies in DK64, and the fact that the bongos look similar to the controller, and that he's clapping. That's my opinion though.

And Ness' Final Smash should definitely be PK Rockin'. Nothing else.

Ryu-for- Brawl

Smash Cadet
Hooray for DK´s Final Smash!

"DK’s invulnerable while in the middle of this move, so take it easy and enjoy the moment.

Oh, and jamming during screen scrolls and such is something you might want to...think about. "

... so you can use this move defensively!... youll be invulnerable to bad a$$ pokémons, items (hemmer, Super Scope, Cracker Launcher) , invulnerable to AT... even stage hazzardz

Plus the last line implies that this move might leave all enemies in some sort of "stun" ... so in his stage which is a scrolling one... he´ll be able to keep climbing while others are "stunned" after his FS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
If the music damges/stuns your enemies and makes DK invincible,this FS seems pretty good,if it just makes you invincible,it kind of sucks.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Okay,but what if you played the beat badly? Would you get aboslutely nothing,because that would suck!
This could be so weird and annoying durin online play...
And imagine the johns!
"I coulden't get the beat right coz my fingers are cold!"

*Shudders*

bored

Smash Ace
@ ethan lol im sorry dude, im just giving ya a hard time :laugh:

anyways...

I always knew DK's FS had something do with his bongo's

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I was totally expecting this. It says it involes buttons does that mean you'll have to play a minigame while it is working to do more damage. I guess some Final smashes aren't so easy to press a button and let it go and wait for it to be over..

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Plus the last line implies that this move might leave all enemies in some sort of "stun" ... so in his stage which is a scrolling one... he´ll be able to keep climbing while others are "stunned" after his FS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not what I got out of the update at all. It seemed to me like he was warning you that if you use DK's FS on a scrolling stage, the stage would keep scrolling while you're stuck in place playing your bongos, so you have to be careful about where you are when you start it.

Ryu-for- Brawl

Smash Cadet
That's not what I got out of the update at all. It seemed to me like he was warning you that if you use DK's FS on a scrolling stage, the stage would keep scrolling while you're stuck in place playing your bongos, so you have to be careful about where you are when you start it.
OK so why would DK´s own stage be a scrolling one? so that he sucks as a character on his own stage!!??

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I don't think stages are intended to give an advantage to the character(s) that they "belong" to.

And why would he suck on that stage anyway? After all, the Final Smash can only be used "once per match", right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom