• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
actually, i think its more of an interpretation error. it is correctly translated. the "paga un precio" refers to the world either way you look at it. the entire statement is refering to the world, therefore the punishment does as well. if it were for an individual, it would have stated "el" "ella" before the phrace "paga un precio" or something like that. but what do i know, i only remember what i learned in mexico up to 1st grade. :(
Nah it says: "Cuando alguien.... O algo.... Las rompe, paga un precio...."

I'm pretty sure it means what I say. Direct translation^^: When someone.... Or something.... Breaks the rules, pays a price....

Del Money

Smash Champion
Arg, enough with the clouds!
sorry but the clouds are probably the most discussable thing from today's update...right next to that purple guy

@Pitismyangel

so yeah i didnt get much from it but i do believe that if in the fact the images in today's update are from the opening cinematics, then the scene in the trailer where metaknight emerges from the halberd may be in that too (after after mario and kirby look upward) as with Pit emerging from the sky. Pit emerging from the sky either mean one of 2 things:
- Pit has wings and can fly and the next option is stupid and irrelevant
- it brings upon a really lame and farfetched theory that characters may also emerge out of the clouds and if so...well use your imagination

however i also think the images from today's update could possibly only be from an intro scene to the 1-player story mode since the e3 2006 trailer dont seem to show kirby and mario fighting each other one on one at all. and id find it hard to believe nintendo wouldnt incorporate clips from the so carefully made e3 2006 trailer into the final product somehow.

EDIT: oh yeah and ill bet the purple guys scene appears close to the end of the clip in the actual game

dam so many possibilities...

Del Money

Smash Champion
that 15sec trailer was worthless. apart from confirming DK and making n00bs claim that the moblin on the bridge was Sonic, Yoshi, or Bowser Jr. it did nothing

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
that 15sec trailer was worthless. apart from confirming DK and making n00bs claim that the moblin on the bridge was Sonic, Yoshi, or Bowser Jr. it did nothing
your right...but i did remember something tho...Couple o' week's back there was Ridley Boss music from Metroid...That has 2 be worth something right?

Stryks

Smash Hero
late again but here I go"

Ok so by far this is THE greatest update, it all seems that this time around theres gonna be more of a story, the good guys dont want the other good guys tu turn into trophies, as u can see kirby and mario joining forces, then everything goes dark and what seems like the new polygons/wire frames appear...

but BEFORE that u see the halberd followed by clouds, may speculate these look like characters, at 1st I tought they were crazy, but now that I see them I easily recongnize 4 characters:

on number 1: U see some guy with black horns or something, yet looks kidna humanoid, and the ONLY character that fits these bills are:

2: This one is easy, a big ball thingy on its forehead, seems angry thus the big black spot were the eyes should be, and big nose:

3: The image didnt turn out as I would have hoped but its looks just too much like bowser to NOT be him...:

4: Pterodactly/dragon like face, is a bad guy, and seems to have a wing near the nose (ok this last bit may not be true) yeah believe it!:

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
Nah it says: "Cuando alguien.... O algo.... Las rompe, paga un precio...."

I'm pretty sure it means what I say. Direct translation^^: When someone.... Or something.... Breaks the rules, pays a price....
yeah, but you have to take into account that it also says "Estas son las reglas de este mundo. pero... Cuando alguien.... O algo.... Las rompe, paga un precio...." it all refers to world.

you are correct on the translation, but the tricky thing is with the way spanish sentences are built. if it were refering to the someone or something, they need the article he she or it in order for it to be correct. then again, that could also refer to the individual but it is really awkward in the sentance to be it, thats why i say it refers to the world and it being more of an interpretation mistake.

koolaid5555

Smash Rookie

Ok so by far this is THE greatest update, it all seems that this time around theres gonna be more of a story, the good guys dont want the other good guys tu turn into trophies, as u can see kirby and mario joining forces, then everything goes dark and what seems like the new polygons/wire frames appear...

but BEFORE that u see the halberd followed by clouds, may speculate these look like characters, at 1st I tought they were crazy, but now that I see them I easily recongnize 4 characters:

on number 1: U see some guy with black horns or something, yet looks kidna humanoid, and the ONLY character that fits these bills are:

2: This one is easy, a big ball thingy on its forehead, seems angry thus the big black spot were the eyes should be, and big nose:

3: The image didnt turn out as I would have hoped but its looks just too much like bowser to NOT be him...:

4: Pterodactly/dragon like face, is a bad guy, and seems to have a wing near the nose (ok this last bit may not be true) yeah believe it!:

yea i kind of saw the same thing on brawl site but i didnt wnt to go through all the work to think about it it would hurt my brain but good discovery

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
I give up... I'll just wait for monday's update to hopefully shed some more light on this subject.

And there's been this rumor circulating today that Ness has been confirmed in an interview w/ Miyatomo, I know this isn't a character discussion thread, but will someone please tell me if this is any little bit true?!?!?!?!!?!?

Ryu-for- Brawl

Smash Cadet
yeah, but you have to take into account that it also says "Estas son las reglas de este mundo. pero... Cuando alguien.... O algo.... Las rompe, paga un precio...." it all refers to world.

you are correct on the translation, but the tricky thing is with the way spanish sentences are built. if it were refering to the someone or something, they need the article he she or it in order for it to be correct. then again, that could also refer to the individual but it is really awkward in the sentance to be it, thats why i say it refers to the world and it being more of an interpretation mistake.
You said it, spanish sentences. There´s a period after the "estas son las reglas..." so next verbs (to break, to pay) refer to "aslguien" the only subject of the sentence

Del Money

Smash Champion
your right...but i did remember something tho...Couple o' week's back there was Ridley Boss music from Metroid...That has 2 be worth something right?
yes, unfortunately that established something a while ago that that theme would be Ridley's and that Ridley is most likely a solo boss in the story mode (similar to metal mario from SSB64)

this ones a bit of a stretch but its not a bad guess

how is this easy? i dont see ganon at all. i think its definitely master hand without a doubt

agreed

agreed again

the blackshadow im hoping for but that seems too stretched

SIDE NOTE: i dont see Wolf anymore, in fact now it looks like Uncle Chuck from the class Sonic cartoon...lawlzomg

M.K

Level 55
*Drools and falls over*

This update, is, absolutely phenomenal. Nothing else describes it as well.

BTW, who the HELL is the guy in the last picture?????????

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, I figured that entirely....

But still, who is that wonky guy, and the clouds....and the Halberd...and the holding hands....

*GASP*

tEh sEx?!?

EDIT: The Cloud Formation to the VERY left, the leftest one in the picture!

It looks like a Feraligatr!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Seriously guys watch the images on smashbros.com while hearing what I've done by Linkin park, it really fits!! :p

Also this update explains why the clouds are that color on the halbred stage...

Hotshot672

Smash Cadet

>_> Wonder who he is.
he looks vaguely like the Eggplant man from wario & Mario, whitch was released in japan only. It makes since cuz wario is in the game as well. maybe hes an updated eggplant men?
At first i thought this guy was one of the Heartless from kingdom hearts.

Stryks

Smash Hero
When I 1st saw the guy on my wii, I saw that symbol on his chest, and looked like a pacman from my TV I went WTF?! but now I see it isnt, I wonder what are these guys!

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
I thought that smoke guy was the one behind master and crazy hand. He showes up because ither Meta or Mario broke the rules...

But he has mittins on.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
he looks vaguely like the Eggplant man from wario & Mario, whitch was released in japan only. It makes since cuz wario is in the game as well. maybe hes an updated eggplant men?
At first i thought this guy was one of the Heartless from kingdom hearts.
Did you notice the antenna on his head? He's surely a minion. But, does the eggplant man have one?

-dMT-

Smash Lord
As for the cloud alll the way to the left. The one that no1 seems to have said anything about.

I see eyes..looking slanted..or closed..and a slightly open mouth..but a long face..which means its not human. I say its a nose. a BIG nose.

All of these lead me to one idea...

BEAST GANON!

Sandy

Smash Champion
From the way the last pic looks, I believe that shadowy figure is a lackey for something bigger...as you can see in the background, there are similar dark clouds that are assimilating in random places (or 2 places in that pic). Apparently Mario breaks the rules by supposedly bringing Kirby back to life, and then these dark enemies appear to set things "right". I have no idea on what Meta Knight's role is in all of this, but I'm hoping he's playing the "savior".

Xanderous

Smash Lord
I give up... I'll just wait for monday's update to hopefully shed some more light on this subject.

And there's been this rumor circulating today that Ness has been confirmed in an interview w/ Miyatomo, I know this isn't a character discussion thread, but will someone please tell me if this is any little bit true?!?!?!?!!?!?
Ness was confirmed like 6 years ago, dude.

Stryks

Smash Hero
What I understood is this:

Mario comes to life and then kirby, mario knows how it feels to become a trophy thus the pic of kirby transform into a trophy, hes imagining it, opens his eyes and sees kirby, allies with him and thus breaks the rules, and then the rest can be explained by itself...

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
anyway no more clouds for now

because at most they show nthe bad guys are bad

anyway i think that the purple gas guy is smash's version of nintendo's reoccuring theme

pokemon has shadow pokemon
kirby has dark matter controled enemies
samus had the ing in mp2

therefore i assume that this was once a character that broke the rules and became an evil minion of a great evil

nayon

Smash Rookie
Presumably in the next few seconds of the movie the clouds turn into characters and fight... thats why this is significant (to all the naysayers)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Nice idea, Stryks. I would just think that it is them shaking hands before battling... but it's like a slideshow, so the pictures are chronological, I believe. So obviously shaking hands breaks "this rule". However, we don't know what that rule is. We can only speculate.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I'm guessing the "rule" is you have to fight... and maybe they actually don't want to fight. Or maybe they fight not as enemies, but friends. Which breaks the "brutal fighting" rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom