• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
Dang, I missed a lot of conversation last night...the 'Boards were lagging around 11:00 like nothing else, so I wasn't able to get on until just now.

About the update:

Wow.

Anyone see that update yet? I think Sakurai has hit an all-new Mindgame high.

It looks like it may have something to do with the storyline.

Remember in Smash 64, at the intro, where the characters were like randomly thrown into a level and they got up and started fighting? Or in Melee, where at the end of the intro, after the explosion, the characters all turn back into trophies? Maybe the Smash characters are in some kind of tournament in Brawl, and if they fight and win, they don't get turned back into trophies, because being a trophy sucks or something. I dunno.

But it would make sense, because the Assist Trophies could be, like, trophies that didn't make it, or something.

What do you guys think?

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Well, your theory does explain Assist Trophies a bit. Being a trophy does suck; it means you're dead (or reincarnated into an item e.g. Goroh).

bored

Smash Ace
Am I the only who thinks of skull kid when I see that weird guy thingy.. :S

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Well, your theory does explain Assist Trophies a bit. Being a trophy does suck; it means you're dead (or reincarnated into an item e.g. Goroh).
Darkstar brought up a good point. The Assist Trophies. Think of it like this....

Those who have Proven themselves Worthy of holding there own in a fight may be set free...

Those who lose.....

Remain there to Assist the survivors....

But only if they request it....

Basicallly the Smashers, or should i say Brawlers, are being traeted like dirt but those who cant fight are demoted to being lowly losers....like pokemon.:(

Sandy

Smash Champion
You see how Kirby and Mario shake hands? Maybe that means Story mode will be two+ players?

Look at the proportions, shapes, and spacings. Could this be his throphy after "paying the price"?

Think of it as "heartless" Mario

Perfect match.....

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
that would be sexy

ya know, i thought you guys were crazy before but now i can see bowser and ridley 70% clearly and wolf like 50 % clearly. i still think we might all be seeing things though
As someone else mentioned, i doubt that there would be so much work put into these clouds to look like characters, just for them to be clouds.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman

Okay, it is late and I am half awake, BUT I couldnt help notice stuff in the clouds too and decided to throw it out there. Let me know if you see anything else or you can correct me if Im wrong on anything. And I know that one really does look like Mickey, but Im not even gonna say it is. XD
its from left to right wolf, master hand bowser and ridley. i dont see ganon where you do but idk he should be there somewhere.

Blazer

Smash Ace
that would be sexy

ya know, i thought you guys were crazy before but now i can see bowser and ridley 70% clearly and wolf like 50 % clearly. i still think we might all be seeing things though
I 100% see bowser. His entire head. It's a little to the left and above the circled area.

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
As someone else mentioned, i doubt that there would be so much work put into these clouds to look like characters, just for them to be clouds.
Agreed. Sakurai is feeding us crumbs and we're overthinking minor things. I guess that adds to the fun (or curse) of forum opinions.
What I'm annoyed about right now is that we've seen so much stuff alluding to Metaknight, but we know almost nothing about how he will fight in Brawl (other than his rapid A slashes).

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
that would be sexy

yup

i can't see wolf

I 100% see bowser. His entire head. It's a little to the left and above the circled area.
I think Bowser is the clearest person there.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
This whole concept makes sense for some more reasons that I have stumbled across.

The brawlers seem like gladiators in this game, and when a gladiator showed his worth by defeating all his opponents and entertaining Ceaser (spelling yo?) and the like, they were set free and were no longer slaves.

This would fit in perfectly with the new style of music that is being implimented in to the game. Much of the music gives you that old Roman/ gladiator/ stadium vibe and thus it's perfectly fitting for such a tournament.

What do you guys think about that?

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
I don't think that there are villains in the clouds, but they might be on the halbred w/ metaknight (ridley on its left wing, anyone?)

also, 2-player co-op would be badas*, but why not go all the way and do 4 player co-op (with higher difficulty, of course). Revolt against the hands!!!

*edit*
to zerosin:

the music is epic just because the head composer usually does final fantasy games, so it's kind of his style to go all-out epic.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
Best update yet! Not so sure about coop play, but I'm all for an expanded single player experience. Sakurai is getting really dramatic with this update- almost like a conspiracy.

I think the update is meant to show that the heroes and villains have united- Mario and Kirby agreeing no to fight only to see Metaknight and villain-shaped storm clouds approach. Can't wait for the next update.

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that there are villains in the clouds, but they might be on the halbred w/ metaknight (ridley on its left wing, anyone?)

also, 2-player co-op would be badas*, but why not go all the way and do 4 player co-op (with higher difficulty, of course). Revolt against the hands!!!

*edit*
to zerosin:

the music is epic just because the head composer usually does final fantasy games, so it's kind of his style to go all-out epic.
To your last point: yeah, that's true too. Overthinking again... **** it.

Anyway, for co-op, it depends on how restricted games are. If max players are simply just 4 players, then you can only do 4-player co-op in like an ultimate battle against the Hands. In 2 player co-op, it would have a higher difficulty, but it would 2v2 the whole way or 2 v Giga Bowser or something (a permanent Giga Bowser, not a Final Smashed Bowser).

Blazer

Smash Ace
2-player co-op would be badas*, but why not go all the way and do 4 player co-op (with higher difficulty, of course). Revolt against the hands!!!

2 player maybe but, I think that the point of facing the hands now is going to be to save the trophies or whatever from the hands control. Therein it's probably just one player story.

(Yes I did way over think that.)

Del Money

Smash Champion
are you on acid? Sonic???? please explain if youre serious

true, if we're all seeing the same thing we can't all be crazy...can we?

its from left to right wolf, master hand bowser and ridley. i dont see ganon where you do but idk he should be there somewhere.
ganon isnt there

i can't see wolf
squint a little more, its vague as hell but it looks more like his (with his mouth open) than anyone else

I think Bowser is the clearest person there.
truth. if you check out the far cloud on the right long enough, youll definitely see ridley pretty dam clear too

you can see a hand holding a gun between what looks like a whale on the left, and master hand in the middle
free willy FTMFW

i see them in the clouds. your "on the halbred" theory makes sense and holds water. no thats not ridley on the wing

darned tootin'

Best update yet! Not so sure about coop play, but I'm all for an expanded single player experience. Sakurai is getting really dramatic with this update- almost like a conspiracy.

I think the update is meant to show that the heroes and villains have united- Mario and Kirby agreeing no to fight only to see Metaknight and villain-shaped storm clouds approach. Can't wait for the next update.
perhaps, its definitely a bigger mind boggler than the sexy suit samus dilemma

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
perhaps, its definitely a bigger mind boggler than the sexy suit samus dilemma
If you think about it, they're not that big as mind bogglers. Simply put, this update is just a new game mode with a back story. Zamus has been confirmed as a character.
Basically, we're hung up on cloud shapes (This world) and whether Zamus is a separate entity or just a Final Smash consequence.
Serious mindgames by Sakurai.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Well i'm pretty sure that those purple guys are the new minions of Master Hand, like the wire frames and polygons before them.

Here's a thoery of mine, not musch different from most, but with a tiny twist

OK, so Mario beats Kirby, Kirby turns into trophy, Marios brings Kirby to life, that is breaking the rules so Master Hand brings out his minions AND has a leigon of the evil counter parts of the characters (In this case he sends Meta Kinght and Bowser) and sent them (kinda like bosses) to destroy those who break the rules.

I just thought of something, will we be able to play as any character for story mode?? Think about it. If your playing mario, it's all good, but if we someone else like Fox for example, would we see Fox in Mario's or Kirby's place in those scenes?? And what if my theory is right and you play as a villan character like Bowser or Ganondorf. Would we not be able to play as a villan character in the first place? Or would it be switched around, like the villans are the rebels and the hero characters are Master Hands bosses?

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Well i'm pretty sure that those purple guys are the new minions of Master Hand, like the wire frames and polygons before them.

Here's a thoery of mine, not musch different from most, but with a tiny twist

OK, so Mario beats Kirby, Kirby turns into trophy, Marios brings Kirby to life, that is breaking the rules so Master Hand brings out his minions AND has a leigon of the evil counter parts of the characters like Bowser and Ganondorf and sent them (kinda like bosses) to destroy those who break the rules.

I just thought of something, will we be able to play as any character for story mode?? Think about it. If your playing mario, it's all good, but if we someone else like Fox for example, would we see Fox in Mario's or Kirby's place in those scenes?? And what if my theory is right and you play as a villan character like Bowser or Ganondorf. Would we not be able to play as a villan character in the first place? Or would it be switched around, like the villans are the rebels and the hero characters are Master Hands bosses?
You make a solid point. What if Story Mode is restricted to just a certain few characters? But, of significant importance, who broke what rule? Did Mario and Kirby do something? Did the villains? We're sparking more questions than answers here.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Oh and another thing,(dunno if this is of relevance) when I checked the Spanish site, the meaning of the last phrase (But when someone.... Or something... Breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price...) changes to: When someone... Or something... Breaks those rules, it will pay a terrible price.... Meaning, that THE person who broke the rules will pay, which leads me to think that the robot-like thing is someone who previously broke the rules, and is punished by being transformed. Or something.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Oh and another thing,(dunno if this is of relevance) when I checked the Spanish site, the meaning of the last phrase (But when someone.... Or something... Breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price...) changes to: When someone... Or something... Breaks those rules, it will pay a terrible price.... Meaning, that THE person who broke the rules will pay, which leads me to think, that the robot-like thing is someone who previously broke the rules and is punished by being transformed. Or something.
i dont get the difference

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Well, the French site says "le monde le paiera terriblement cher." Translation: The world will pay a terrible price. Same thing with Italian.
On a side note: Zamus has the most bland name in French "Samus sans armure" (Samus without armor).

Del Money

Smash Champion
an intro video would be nice to solve the purple guy thing...too bad it would reveal like 10+ more characters and cause these boards to crash. anyways im trying to watch the first trailer and compare it with the "This World..." story contents for similarities, anyone with me? (or have people been doing that already?)

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
Oooh, it's nothing then. Just a translation mistake :)
actually, i think its more of an interpretation error. it is correctly translated. the "paga un precio" refers to the world either way you look at it. the entire statement is refering to the world, therefore the punishment does as well. if it were for an individual, it would have stated "el" "ella" before the phrace "paga un precio" or something like that. but what do i know, i only remember what i learned in mexico up to 1st grade. :(

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
an intro video would be nice to solve the purple guy thing...too bad it would reveal like 10+ more characters and cause these boards to crash. anyways im trying to watch the first trailer and compare it with the "This World..." story contents for similarities, anyone with me? (or have people been doing that already?)
I'll do it too...Who's with us?

Del Money

Smash Champion
dam i wish no one told me what they saw in those clouds...its driving me nuts just looking at them (kinda similar to the whole "satan in the 9/11 twin towers smoke" theory) but you would think only secret/new/unlockable characters would be in the clouds what what the heck is bowser doing up there? i swear this game is really gonna make me **** myself if the single-player modes are as good as all this hype

Blazer

Smash Ace
Lol. Can you imagine if Monday we were to recieve the intro video? This board would be in absolute and total chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom