• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuro

Smash Lord
One last thing that a lot of you are probably already know before I go to bed.

Sakurai is making a more complex story mode this time around. He said that in previous versions of the smashbros series he has been urged by people like Miyamoto to work on multi player aspect more than single player. Reason being because many games focus on single player aspect and Smash bros had the chance to be different.. He said this time he is glad that he is able to give a more compelling story mode which he has wanted to do for quite some time.

Some of the stuff is coming straight from my memory but I do believe I heard all of this in Samurai Pandas translation thread.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
BTW following your "HEAD CLOUDS theme"... xD beside "Master hand" which is beside "Bowser" there is a Red-Black cloud... it looks like a face of a monster that is "double face" look closely... the left half is black and the other one is like the red cloud

Black/Light

Smash Master
One last thing that a lot of you are probably already know before I go to bed.

Sakurai is making a more complex story mode this time around. He said that in previous versions of the smashbros series he has been urged by people like Miyamoto to work on multi player aspect more than single player. Reason being because many games focus on single player aspect and Smash bros had the chance to be different.. He said this time he is glad that he is able to give a more compelling story mode which he has wanted to do for quite some time.

Some of the stuff is coming straight from my memory but I do believe I heard all of this in Samurai Pandas translation thread.
. . . IDK if that was in the trans but he did say to that to a english mag thing after the e3 terailer was shown and Miyamoto said that there will be a "robust" story mode this time.

Florida

イーグランツ
BTW following your "HEAD CLOUDS theme"... xD beside "Master hand" which is beside "Bowser" there is a Red-Black cloud... it looks like a face of a monster that is "double face" look closely... the left half is black and the other one is like the red cloud
Wait... wait....
You're telling me, Zetsu's confirmed? :p

Croco

Smash Lord
hmm.. what if there is a part of the video that is missing?
What if Bowser with HIS Airship is supposed to appear on the other side of the arena?

Mamush

Smash Cadet

Okay, it is late and I am half awake, BUT I couldnt help notice stuff in the clouds too and decided to throw it out there. Let me know if you see anything else or you can correct me if Im wrong on anything. And I know that one really does look like Mickey, but Im not even gonna say it is. XD

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
GOD you guys are getting way too carried away with random details. THEY'RE CLOUDS! They don't mean anything, they're just there! Quit flying to wild conclusions.

Also I don't know how you people seem to think the Halberd has ANYTHING to do with the weird new guy just because both are in the same video at some point. I don't think Meta Knight has anything to do with him at all. I don't even know if he's evil, he looks more mysterious and playful. Not a boss, but maybe a referree or some kind of trickster that pops up from time to time. I will be super pissed if they take out Master Hand.

PiMan

Smash Rookie
I previously thought 'Mickey' looked like Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, which doesn't even make sense for the game; I can see Master Hand there now though.
I could also see something that looked a little like Croc just below Ridley; this also doesn't make sense.
When the boards mentioned Master Hand, I thought they were talking about a shape that can be seen on the far left, just above Ridley's upper jaw.
In addition, I can see a face that is facing directly right, above Master Hand's thumb.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who was completely confused by this update? All of the other updates were to the point but this. This was mysterious, alluring, etc. ****, I love Sakurai.

Anyone care to explain?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Am I the only one who was completely confused by this update? All of the other updates were to the point but this. This was mysterious, alluring, etc. ****, I love Sakurai.

Anyone care to explain?
Bah, he just wants us to speculate mindly while he gets to watch us squirm.
He can be crule, but Oh-so-brilliant. :p

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
This update didn't seem to tell us anything that we didn't know. At least up until the last pic in the "Trailer". What the hell is that?

Blackadder

Smash Master
No idea.
I think it's just a ref, like many have stated before me.
It could be something far more though.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Holy crap,story mode! I think that purple slime thing is some kind of invading force or something like that. **** you Sakurai for making us wait until Monday to know what this is about!

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I like the fact that with a massive update like this people focus on the clouds.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I'm not into having a story mode for Smash Bros but this is pure genius!

Like people said before: BEST UPDATE EVER!!!

Once it is December 3 or 4, I'm going to the mall and I'm gonna get this game. I am ready for it!

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
It probably was the intro, it's establishing the storyline, whatever kind of storyline the game has. And Chibirobo, what makes you think we'll find out what it means on Monday? Sakurai may never explain this update...

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
What the hell is that thing in the last picture, a newcomer? What's the point of fighting as trophies, isn't it the same as just fighting regularly?

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
What the hell is that thing in the last picture, a newcomer? What's the point of fighting as trophies, isn't it the same as just fighting regularly?
He's just setting up a type of story mode. Looks interesting, though.
We have one game mode; I assume Classic mode will return in some shape or form, but what about All Star mode? Sakurai and his mindgames :mad:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
WTF!?!?!
~Random~
Why is this update black?
Don't tell me they finaly included a story mode in brawl. The Villans team up to destory the hero's judging how you see Meta-knight's ship in thier in the background.
~ WTf to last picture ~
Smash-Bot?

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
I dont understand this update. Someone explain.
Alright sir..

Jul. 20 Fri. 2007

This World...

In this world, trophies fight.

They know nothing but fighting. Fighting is the sole reason for their existence.

Being turned back into a trophy, being unable to fight, is much like death.

Those are the rules of this world.

But...

When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price...

Game Modes | ??? | Jul. 20 Fri. 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom