• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
As for the cloud alll the way to the left. The one that no1 seems to have said anything about.

I see eyes..looking slanted..or closed..and a slightly open mouth..but a long face..which means its not human. I say its a nose. a BIG nose.

All of these lead me to one idea...

BEAST GANON!
Yeah, I saw that one too. It has too eyes as well. And the one that's supposed to be Ganondorf is more likely Master Hand. I can see it very clearly now.

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
My brain hurts from all this cloud nonsense >.<
To Stryks, your idea is plausible. Mario's just being a good sport, but such kindness leads to a whole lot of ****.
Presumably in the next few seconds of the movie the clouds turn into characters and fight... thats why this is significant (to all the naysayers)
Maybe, but I think that is highly unlikely. Nothing's set in stone until we see the next few frames, though.

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
GOD you guys are getting way too carried away with random details. THEY'RE CLOUDS! They don't mean anything, they're just there! Quit flying to wild conclusions.

Also I don't know how you people seem to think the Halberd has ANYTHING to do with the weird new guy just because both are in the same video at some point. I don't think Meta Knight has anything to do with him at all. I don't even know if he's evil, he looks more mysterious and playful. Not a boss, but maybe a referree or some kind of trickster that pops up from time to time. I will be super pissed if they take out Master Hand.
honestly Sakurai wouldnt go that far into detail to put images in the clouds. its just this little bomberman like robot has everyone super paranoid. this is exactly what he wants us to do!its like the twilight zone episode where they flick the lights on and off and everyone kills eachother=X. i give sakurai the master of suspense award. 2500 bonus points

Del Money

Smash Champion
Oh no man,this is the topic of the decade,and we anit stoping until Dec 3,you can believe that playa.:laugh: In any case,I hope Falcon and Link are ready to back Mario and Kirby up cuz even tho Mario can bust some heads but the odds arent in his favor this time.
you forgot Uncle Chuck

Yeah, I saw that one too. It has too eyes as well. And the one that's supposed to be Ganondorf is more likely Master Hand. I can see it very clearly now.
agreed, i cant see ganondorf period. and please ignore the idiots that want to split flames at possibly the biggest discussion subtopic of the week

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
it's not that the clouds are not important it's just that it's been put in every debate and scrutiny possible (of course it might be a coincidence too) i thinki it's real but eh for now

in fact i was one of the first who said he saw bowser anyway

let's focus in what the big picture is for now

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Just going on obvious facts, here's what we have:
(1) There is some kind of story mode
(2) Main story: someone broke a rule.
(3) The world prepares for chaos... and some serious brawling
Questions that are raised:
(1) Do the clouds mean anything? (Debated in several other topics)
(2) What is this "rule" that causes all this crap?
(3) Will story mode possibly have 2P co-op? (e.g. Kirby and Mario team up)
(4) Will this mode overrule other modes (Classic, All-Star, Adventure)? (I assume it kills Adventure mode, but what about the others?)
(5) Based on the pictures, will this mode affect who can be played in Story Mode? (Can we only play certain characters or will everyone be involved? What happens with bosses, partners, etc.?)
Those are just some things I came up with on my own.
(6) Who the heck is the purple guy?

Del Money

Smash Champion
@DonkeySmasher
yeah maybe. but what is the big picutre? the story? the site pretty much explains it well enough (up until the purple guy(s)). the only thing it leaves out is details on mario and kirby. im pretty sure thats all we're going to get for an update regard that story mode. the suspense buildup is perfect for the brawl release and honestly, i want more info on the story cuz itll definitely spoil the experience. in my opinion now, the wait to play story mode of brawl is equivalent to say my waiting for the new seasons of Smallville, 24, and Supernatural.

anyways the only things worthy of speculation are the purple guy(s) (who are probably nothing more than the melee wire frames/ssb64 fighting polygons with a goofier appearance) and the abnormally shaped clouds that scream resemblance all over them. im not a die hard fool who wants to bet my life on the characters in the cloud theory because it is a little abstract to be considered fact but anyone who wants to dismiss it like its nothing while bashing people who see something are ignorant.

assuming the figures in the clouds are real, those could be bosses you have to face and by beating them, turn them to trophies but mario will be kind and ressurect them and convert them to the good side rather than the overall dark force in the story mode...definitely NOT a farfetched thought.

assuming theyre not real characters then at least it makes sense why the clouds in metaknights stage and the e3 2006 trailer are of that color/texture

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
alright here's my theory and you people have free in analyzing or shooting it down

master hand loves to create and he created trophies of his favorite characters
then he gave them life according to their character and gave them a lust of fighting

therefore turning into a trophy is like death (kinda like toy story not being used)

mario and kirby is sent to the ring and now they are "reborn" (they have full knowledge of everything)

they have an epic fight but in the end mario wins

kirby is turned into a trophy and now mario's character and fighting joy is in a conflict

eventually his hero character triumphs and he gives kirby a life

kirby, reborn so quickly is confused and lookes at mario

mario tells kirby that a fight at anytime will be good but they will never take it to trophy turning extremes

kirby agrees and shakes mario hand to sign this agreement

then mario looks at the sky seing ominous clouds and the heliberd

he first thinks that meta is his next challenger

but suddenly he sees dark smoke on the stadium floor and sees some minions being created

because of mario's great selfless act the world's rules have been broken

now everything master hand created to keep it in balance is disarray

this created a new great evil (or crazy hand he loves to destroy) seeking to finish this world

he has powers similiar to master hand and created minions and corrupted the dormant trophies

however since mario and kirby was "alive" when mario broke the rule they are unaffected by the corruption

i'm guessing that in story mode you have to first free the other corrupted trophies and eventually counter this great evil

you can only choose kirby and mario at first and you can choose them both in coop
most battles are optional but some battles (mario fighting his corrupt brother) is mandatory
when you free a trophy you can use it as a character
i'm also saying that it won't be fight after fight but some adventure and stuff like that

after you beat it once you can use any starting character(s)

Roy Dynasty

Smash Journeyman
Look at the face of the Halberd. There are four small bumps on top of it. I'll go back and check other pictures, but are those bumps always there? Maybe there are four people standing on it that jump into the arena.

Edit: Just checked, these bumps are always there. Forget this theory.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Anyone have a link to the Koren/Japanese server? I know them Tokyo Yakuza playing S.O.Bs probably know alot more about this than we would ever by now.Hell,they probably know who the secret characters are,wavedashing existance and such. :laugh:

???:...You broke the rules...
Mario:Wait-a second here!
???:now...to show you who I really am.Iam the answer to all equations...yes...Iam,the soulution to all problems...
Kirby:A!??
???:hmph...So you were there dry humping my wife too? Well,Ill let my I-Pod do the taking...
???:Ipod Song Lyrics"Eye of the Ranger is apon you,whenever you gonna move hes gonna seeeee,when your in Texas look behind you,cuz thats where the Rangers,gonna be"
Mario&Kirby:!!!!!

:laugh:

Del Money

Smash Champion
Look at the face of the Halberd. There are four small bumps on top of it. I'll go back and check other pictures, but are those bumps always there? Maybe there are four people standing on it that jump into the arena.

Edit: Just checked, these bumps are always there. Forget this theory.
HAHAHAHAHAH, nice try though

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Well, this is cool and all, but I hope they don't put too much work into 1-player, cuz after we get all the characters, unless its amazing, we'll never touch it again...

Del Money

Smash Champion
Well, this is cool and all, but I hope they don't put too much work into 1-player, cuz after we get all the characters, unless its amazing, we'll never touch it again...
are you kidding me? the improved single player to-do list in melee for ssb64 is the majority of why i liked melee so much (the additional characters placed 2nd). replaying the single player will be mad boring after its being beaten to its totality but think of how many times youll play in anyways just to unlock everything

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
are you kidding me? the improved single player to-do list in melee for ssb64 is the majority of why i liked melee so much (the additional characters placed 2nd). replaying the single player will be mad boring after its being beaten to its totality but think of how many times youll play in anyways just to unlock everything
Only single player things I do: All Star mode on Very Hard or Event Match 51 with Jigglypuff (always funny seeing Giga Bowser fly away from a sleeping puffball).

Tedric

Smash Cadet
I don't care for the 1P unless its good and fun to unlock everything. I want the C-stick to work in 1P is my main pet peeve. I want Sakurai and Nintendo to realize that Multiplayer is what made Smash Melee what it is. Competitive Melee exists and I hope Sakurai knows that and will cater to our needs and bring us Competitive Brawl. =)

Rash

Smash Ace
Competitive Melee exists and I hope Sakurai knows that and will cater to our needs and bring us Competitive Brawl. =)
Sakurai and Sora are making the game to cater to everyone's needs, with Brawl. The way I see it, Brawl will bring everything to the table that Melee did, and much more. Considering how Melee seemed very casual, basic, and "fun" in its presentation, yet conformed to the competitive players quite nicely, there's really no reason to think that Brawl won't do the same.

Sakurai is not going to develop the new Smash game in a radically different way than the previous games. It's going to give gamers what they want: a faithful sequel to a well-rounded brawler that primarily uses Nintendo licenses. It'll likely turn out bigger and better than its predecessors. Even if at first glance the game doesn't seem competitive-fit, it'll probably end up as good or better than Melee as a competitive game because it's the gamers themselves who make the games like that, not necessarily the developers.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I don't care for the 1P unless its good and fun to unlock everything. I want the C-stick to work in 1P is my main pet peeve. I want Sakurai and Nintendo to realize that Multiplayer is what made Smash Melee what it is. Competitive Melee exists and I hope Sakurai knows that and will cater to our needs and bring us Competitive Brawl. =)
well yeah, screw the 1-P mode AFTER everythings unlocked. but when first playing all the 1-P modes it sure is the t!ts. you cant tell me the adventure mode and the final 2 event matches didnt give you an erection the first time....um take that with a grain of salt please. anyways competitive brawls is where is at. but if youre gonna force us to unlock characters and stages and possibly more, at least make it fun while doing so like they somewhat did in melee (except the 100-man bull****, that was annoying).

@Dragonboy2k4
uncle chuck 4 teh pwnz

HeroOfTime64

Smash Cadet
Indeed. I agree. What's a sequel if it isn't anything like the original?

Just like movies, the game's sequel needs to have the same "feel" as the original. Having a game sequel have different gameplay is like changing the script from an Action movie to a Romance/Comedy.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Yeah, i know its awesome... but I just want them to focus on the multiplayer, and if nintendo keeps their promise, the online aspects of the game.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Okay, these are obviously screen captures of some sort of opening cutscene, which is why I'm sick of people over thinking Mario, Kirby, and the Halberd. ALL of the starter characters could be seen in the opening cutscene of Melee. If there are only three starter characters, I'll murder my Wii. Mario is in these pictures because he's nintendo's mascot. kirby is in these pictures because his franchise was created by Sakurai. Meta Knight is in these pictures because he's a new character, not because he's a "savior". He was also the first New Character to appear in the original trailer. Mario and Kirby will not be the only playable characters in story mode. The purple guy is probably a minion of the hands or a new badguy (Lets hope he's a minion, cuz he looks way too cutesy to be the main villain), and they're probably POed at ALL the characters, not just Kirby and Mario. And sorry Stryks, but even if Black Shadow is in this, he won't be the main badguy. If they use an existing Nintendo character for the main badguy, it'll be Bowser again.

Ok, now that I'm done venting, here are my theories. Each character may have their own story mode, just like most conventional fighters, or their may be no story at all, just like adventure mode in SSBB. (Hell, at least there is a reason they're fighting now.) If they do adventure mode again, I'm pulling for co-op, and also ten times as many platforming stages as melee. The story mode will end in some 1 on 1 clash with a badguy, whether its Bowser, the Hands, some new dude, or each character's personal rival. This new post is awesome, but when I hear theories like "Black Shadow is the main villain" or "Meta Knight is the savior", because the point of smash is that no one franchise takes priority over another.

Except of course, for Mario...

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I fully agree with you... I have not much else to say also that explains why Mario & Kirby make their constant appearences first in the openings of the games.

Del Money

Smash Champion
They are so ****ing annoying.

All mammals...should just...die, or something.
dude...that was...cold blooded

anyways, lol anyone think on monday we'll get metaknight cuz nintendo "slipped" and showed him in the story mode screenshots???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Blackadder

Smash Master
I think this thread is in for a weekend of spam soon...

Anyways, I think we can expect little tidbits of info on the "This world" update. Sakurai may only allocate an update about it once every 2 or so weeks. I would keep hopes low for a while.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
well yeah, screw the 1-P mode AFTER everythings unlocked. but when first playing all the 1-P modes it sure is the t!ts. you cant tell me the adventure mode and the final 2 event matches didnt give you an erection the first time....um take that with a grain of salt please. anyways competitive brawls is where is at. but if youre gonna force us to unlock characters and stages and possibly more, at least make it fun while doing so like they somewhat did in melee (except the 100-man bull****, that was annoying).

@Dragonboy2k4
uncle chuck 4 teh pwnz
Most of the 1-player was sick. The best was adventure mode, when it's like Mario bros, but Smash, that was too cool, we need more of that. "100-man bull****"? are you off your head, that was so sick (made you feel good about your self).

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I liked...
classic mode cuz it was quick and rewarding
adventure mode because of the platforming
event battles because they were challenging and creative

all-star was kinda lame but still fun from time to time, multi-man melee was annoying but okay (I hated 15-min melee!) and target tests were awesome.

Overall, 1-p melee was sick-nasty, and I still play it for fun even though I've unlocked everything.

We can only hope that Brawl can top it...

P.S. Co-op adventure and custom-made target tests would be two of the best additions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom