• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im bettin we'll get classic mode, just like we got just Mario and link, instead of the entire knwon roster so far, it ticks me off we have to AGAIN wait for sakurai to reveal the newcomers we already know on the site, remember we had to wait every week for 2 newcomer characters to be added on the site, now we'll have to wait again...

Milos

Smash Lord
sorry to spam, but ZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMG

k done.

gooey bomb looks fairly balanced, for an item that is. since you can transfer it to another person it seems like it'd be ok.... PSYCH!

faster characters will definitely have the advantage with that item, being able to catch up to the slower characters and put it on them. Not that this'll matter in the items off tournament/serious play scene....

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
yep, it seems game modes are next. its the only catagory sakurai hasn't added, so im expecting that tonight. so lets see what we have.

Monday - ?
Tuesday -Music, How to play, Stages
Wednesday - Characters
Thursday - Items
Friday - ?

we still don't know if saturday is going to count as a weekday, because it does for japan.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
It's not like Halo invented the sticky bomb idea. I'm pretty sure you could do it in, at the latest, Perfect Dark. But hey, whatever.

Also, the screenshot of Mario running away after sticking it on, with his head turned towards Wario, reminds me of the recent Zeldas where Link naturally looks at things of importance or interest. Maybe they've added a system like that?
I agree. I don't see why people are saying "RIP-OFF FROM HALO OMFG." Seeing as how super smash brothers and halo are NOTHING alike, and considering the fact that halo wasn't the first game ever to have the idea of sticky explosives, it isn't a halo rip. Who knows when the first "sticky" explosive/grenade was thought of. It could have been hundreds of years ago for all we know.

There are so many games out now, it would be hard to say any game is completely original. Halo is not completely original. It may have some original ideas, but is in no way original. I don't think halo a bad game, I played it a lot, but to compare smash to halo, or say smash is ripping off halo, is just dumb and makes no sense to me.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Remember he hasnt added anything on the Notices catagory, so it could be he'll update that part either 2morrow or on monday... and sakurai has to update the characters section with more than just 2 characters per week, it will take 5 more weeks for newcomers/returning characters!

OMFG!! 4000 POSTS!! IM DA BSET!! BOW B4 ME!!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
yep, it seems game modes are next. its the only catagory sakurai hasn't added, so im expecting that tonight. so lets see what we have.

Monday - ?
Tuesday -Music, How to play, Stages
Wednesday - Characters
Thursday - Items
Friday - ?

we still don't know if saturday is going to count as a weekday, because it does for japan.
It says on the Japanese site that the updates are Monday through Friday. I think it's hard to tell what'll be next. It probably will be a Game Mode like Classic Mode or Brawl Mode...but maybe they'll follow a numbered update pattern and do, like, 4-3-2-1-5 updates for the days of the week...that'd be cool. :/

And they should post more music.

-dMT-

Smash Lord

It says on the Japanese site that the updates are Monday through Friday. I think it's hard to tell what'll be next. It probably will be a Game Mode like Classic Mode or Brawl Mode...but maybe they'll follow a numbered update pattern and do, like, 4-3-2-1-5 updates for the days of the week...that'd be cool. :/

And they should post more music.
I think we're thinking a liiiiittle too much lol.

Link with Marth's range and tweaked lag times....I hope my gut feeling turns out being true. That'd own. With a name like "Hero of Time," how can one NOT be top tier? :chuckle:

-dMT-

Smash Lord
idk. Roy is pretty much a guaranteed leave, but I think Marth might get replaced as well. Even if he isn't, who's to say he'll be the same Marth as in melee.

Hey if they keep Marth the same, that'll be great; but Link can definitely use a range boost at least.

Secondary: Marth, C.Falcon

Tertiary: Link, Pikachu

Milos

Smash Lord
Another thing I noticed is that in the basics screen shots, at 127%, link only flies a bit from Mario's u.tilt. this could be an increase in weight for link, or it could be a nerf of mario's u.tilt. Who knows.

Fire7Man7Dan7

Smash Rookie
Maybe I am being ******** but, isnt one of the scenes shown a castle from Fire Emblem? Wouldnt that lead someone to believe that Marth is still in it?

Milos

Smash Lord
Maybe I am being ******** but, isnt one of the scenes shown a castle from Fire Emblem? Wouldnt that lead someone to believe that Marth is still in it?
The castle is Daein Castle (spelling?) from Path of Radiance. Ike is the protagonist in path of radiance, so that ALMOST confirms him in my book. Marth was only in one fire emblem game.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
That only shows that a character from Fire Emblem is in it. A thread was around that had a claim in it that the castle was actually from the GC installment of Fire Emblem. The flags show in the trailer beared a striking resemblance to a flag from that game. This further implies the addition of Ike (most likely addition), or another character from that Fire Emblem game.

Still hope Marth's in though.

SWORDMASTER66

Smash Cadet
I was suprised that they put the gooey bomb to be the first item on the site, I expected the smash super orb thing to be the first one because it was the most noticible item in the trailer and that it is something we never seen before, and we got old news on yesterday's update. Anyway, I think the gooey bomb is an intresting item, it will have a timer like timer bombs, but I wonder how long it will take it to explode, i'm gessing 15 seconds , but it would be cooler to have it be random every time so you can't predict when it will explode and the try touching an oppenent so it blows up right when or close to

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
The castle is Daein Castle (spelling?) from Path of Radiance. Ike is the protagonist in path of radiance, so that ALMOST confirms him in my book. Marth was only in one fire emblem game.
I could have sworn he was the star in 1 and 3. or some two games. I seem to recall him being the only character to reappear in another game or something... regardless he was the first FE main character which gives him some stance above the rest, I would imagine.

SWORDMASTER66

Smash Cadet
I could have sworn he was the star in 1 and 3. or some two games. I seem to recall him being the only character to reappear in another game or something... regardless he was the first FE main character which gives him some stance above the rest, I would imagine.
You're correct, Marth was in both Fire Emblem 1 and 3, which is the remake and sequal to the first.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I just got on the CP today and the Gooey Bomb looks very interesting. I wonder how long it takes to blow? (sorry if I someone said that...I didn't read anything.)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah...I think it is FE and we are getting Ike.
No not yet but soon. I said next week or week after. Be patient my friend...I will inform you.
We have still yet to see the exciting Zelda stage.
Maybe that will be a new stage for tomorrow. Or...maybe not.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
creo, got wifi? and maybe its pits-hear me out. when it shows them battling inside, it shows a giant statue, which has an exact resemblence to that god from greek mothology that was punished to hold the earth.

see my point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom